Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I opened 6 Xmen Vs Apocalypse tokens today and pulled a MEH, Ghostrider, Big Pun, BH Blonde Widow, Elektra and another 3*.  Pretty great run there!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a red Agent Venom out of an Apocalypse Token, putting him at 4/1/3
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I misjudged the time for my end clears for HoD, and didn't fully clear the Ghost Rider node but still got T9.  It's been a while since I got T10 or better so this is awesome!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I thought I was going to be slick and wait to join that Iceman PVP until very late to see if I could snipe a Quake or two; turns out that 7 hours remaining is not nearly late enough - all the top 5 in my bracket had over 2k points lol. But, the good news is that even with an un-champed Iceman (i used mine for the HP until he died, then went with the loaner), I was able to go up to 900pts in a single push on my base 10 health packs, only getting attacked one time. I lost maybe 3 matches due to choosing not to heal between rounds and going with a hard team, but it was generally the most trouble-free push to 900 I've ever done. So between the blue Iceman I got from Daily Rewards yesterday and the cover at 900, my Iceman is now at 4/4/2. Then, came in today and saw the addition of Cover Saving going in, and it's shaping up to be a pretty good MPQ day.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled an LT this morning and got my 12th JJ followed by my 10th Gambit as a BH!
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally, I got to finish the 3 essentials for SHIELD Training and got another WIccan cover.  I don't think I can win all the Wiccan battles below but I think I can get to the 3rd one.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I got 4* BH from Iceman's Token.  B) My last 4* BH from non-Legendary token was back in May 18.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled a MEHulk today, which let me champ him. And while I had already played around with him regularly whenever he or SWitch are boosted because I hit 5 @ purple pretty early, I decided to respec him to 5/5/3 and take him into an Apoc wave side node.

With America.

It was ridiculously fun. The board was in constant motion! I used to have him at 3/5/4 and you know how the annoying thing about MEHulk's green is that he usually destroys the match you're eyeing? Well, here the board was complete and utter chaos-- MEHulk shuffling and making 2 matches per turn, America making crits and cascades and punching people all over the place - before you even start thinking about the next match, the board's already changed. So, no frustration, just utter mayhem and board explosion.

I had not expected champing MEHulk to be such a fun experience!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting cover #13 for 5-star Black Widow through the HfH slot this morning.  She's 5/5/3, and "only" needs 360K ISO to champ.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’ve got a fun one! I really really want to champ Black Widow and Thing to finally finish the 4* tier (everything after them is like a different tier due to dilution). Thing is max-covered. Widow was 5/4/3 after I hit 2K in sim.

Since Jessica is cover maxed and I’m not ready to champ if I pull a 14th cover... and dilution is dilution... I figured I’d give myself 10 Classic pulls with Widow as a bonus there. Hope to not get a bonus of my 5 cover-maxed 5s!

The results of my pulls were:

Pull 1: Black Widow Yellow

*with dilution that’s insane luck, AND it only cost me 20 CP!*

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just open 4 elite tokens and got 4 3*.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AlexR said:
    Pulled a MEHulk today, which let me champ him. And while I had already played around with him regularly whenever he or SWitch are boosted because I hit 5 @ purple pretty early, I decided to respec him to 5/5/3 and take him into an Apoc wave side node.

With America.

It was ridiculously fun. The board was in constant motion! I used to have him at 3/5/4 and you know how the annoying thing about MEHulk's green is that he usually destroys the match you're eyeing? Well, here the board was complete and utter chaos-- MEHulk shuffling and making 2 matches per turn, America making crits and cascades and punching people all over the place - before you even start thinking about the next match, the board's already changed. So, no frustration, just utter mayhem and board explosion.

I had not expected champing MEHulk to be such a fun experience!
    I love MEHulk and America together. They were both boosted for a previous run of HAT, and I had a blast just wrecking everything with them. I think I ended up with two or three posts in this thread because of that run.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Got another 4* BH. This time round it's from Heroic Token. I just got my bonus 4* 2 days ago. o:)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It took a few tries and I had to dump 20k or so iso into him, but I was able to beat the Ant-Man crash with my 1/4/4 ant-man. I ended up with a 14th cover for Spider-Woman out of the deal, so the cover-save feature isn't going to help me. I'm trying to determine if I should chase that 300k iso i need to get her over, or use it to champ a few more of my remaining 3*s and just lose out on this one. I feel like the right answer is to finish champing 3s, but Spider-Woman is kind of a sentimental 4* for me - she jumped out way ahead of the others in covers when I got her, to the point I was sure she'd be my first 4* champion. So she was the first crash I was able to win, but she quickly stagnated, and since then I've largely only gotten unusable purples for her. So now, 21 4* champions later, could this be her time to shine?

Also these new flat odds for 4*s kind of make me feel like every cover is precious, but 300k iso will let me finish off 3 of my remaining 9 unchamped 3*s, 4 of which also have multiple covers dying on the vine.

*edit*: new best moment: going from 0-900 in a single push in the Wiccan pvp, and one of the event tokens giving me the LT from the & Friends vault that gave me a red Okoye (1/0/1). I now have 2 green Wiccan's on the vine, and i need 380hp to roster him; it would take a pretty special series of champ levels for that to happen before I lose out on his node in today's sub, but that's fine I guess.
  • sambrookjm
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Playing my first match with a boosted, champed 5-star.  Seeing my LVL 560 Black Widow with 106,683 health was fun, but having her do over 26K damage with a critical hit???  WHEE!!!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just noticed that when I champed Nova last week, that bumped me up over the halfway point in the 4* tier! It really doesn't feel like that long ago that having any 4* champs felt like it was an eternity away.
    Congrats! You're experiencing a snowball effect. Before champing, each 4* is a potential drain on your resources by needing iso to level them up. Now that you are at the halfway point, half the ones you get become resource positive, and it only gets faster. Imagine when you reach 60ish and 90% of the 4*s you get are champ levels!
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    I just noticed that when I champed Nova last week, that bumped me up over the halfway point in the 4* tier! It really doesn't feel like that long ago that having any 4* champs felt like it was an eternity away.
    Congrats! You're experiencing a snowball effect. Before champing, each 4* is a potential drain on your resources by needing iso to level them up. Now that you are at the halfway point, half the ones you get become resource positive, and it only gets faster. Imagine when you reach 60ish and 90% of the 4*s you get are champ levels!
    That's when you start leveling up your 5-stars...and that's a whole new ballgame in terms of an ISO sink.