Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doing my final climb in Sim, got into the groove, wasn't really paying attention to my score, just queuing up decent matches and beating them. Then I hit a point where I just couldn't find anything worth more than about 25 points. Took me embarrassingly long to figure that it was because I was at 1990, and anyone above me was shielded and/or out of my league, and I only needed one of those little ones anyhow :smiley:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Using Shuri/Main Event/JJ to clear the 5e node in sub1 of simulator. This may be the first time I've had the right 2 boosted 4*s at the right level, but I love that team anyway. My JJ isn't much to speak of (3/1/1 lvl 255), but that's okay. Get a few Vibranium Virtuosos out, drop the price of Gamma Powerbomb, and let that cascade of criticals roll right over whoever is in the way. It's great when JJ has some traps out, and they end up getting matched by all the criticals, it's total chaos.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was just a week or 2 ago that I hit 1000 in pvp for the first time and today I reached 1200 for the first and probably only time!

I'll skip the details, but yesterday I shielded out in 34th place with 1038 points figuring that would be safe for top 50 since 900 usually is. Today I checked back a couple hours before end time and was in 50th place. Skipping around I managed to queue up two 75 point targets which I didn't think was possible with that many points myself. The 3rd was a beatable 30 pointer. The 3 combined would be enough to hit 1200 and if I got attacked I could just shield and keep t50.

No drama. 3 fast wins aided by the +1 to all AP boost. 1229 points. 32nd place. The satisfaction of hitting 1200 once before the change to win based progression that I much prefer.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With Shuri and Meh boosted this week I was finally able to make use of those damage boosts we got for them when they were released and they have been a big help clearing the SCL9 5* node.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5-star essential node on clear 6 in Simulator PvE had me on the ropes. Thanks to several enemy cascades, Chavez wasn't doing me any good. MEHulk was down to a couple hundred health and Jessica Jones wasn't much better. But then Hulk made his beginning-of-the-turn swaps and caused two matches, triggering TWO damning evidences from Jessica in one pop - game over.  o:)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got to 900 in the Mystique pvp in 21 wins; my new meta game for myself is going to be to see what the lowest number of matches is.

also I got the 13th Peggy I needed off of 2 bonus heroes and an organic pull this weekend. Moved my bonus hero to P4nther, and now he is at 4/4/4. I’m going to have to her serious about that iso grind soon
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Not from today but previous couple of days I’ve opened 6 classic tokens 4 of which gave me 5 star covers. 1 thanos, 1 starlord and 2 mcu spideys. The thanos and spideys I had to save but still I was a bit shocked I got that many in so little pulls
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got my LT from alliance season awards and it ended up being an Okoye (who is a sad 1/5/1 now). Got enough CP for a classics pull and got my 14th Phoenix cover and a BH Gambit putting him at 11 covers.  I went ahead and sold some max champed 3* and champed Phoenix making her my 6th 5* champ with about another 5 or so fully covered and waiting for ISO.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    Got my LT from alliance season awards and it ended up being an Okoye (who is a sad 1/5/1 now).
    Could be worse. She could be 5/1/5. Oh, wait, I guess that would be better. But you know, worse.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The DDQ today required She-Hulk, which is 1 of the few 3*s I don't have rostered.  So I set her as my BH and started opening standard and elite tokens hoping for a miracle.  On my first Standard Token pull, I got a 3*, and the extra 3* BH, which was She-Hulk.  That's never happened before, I got exactly what I wanted on the 1st try. 
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This week marks the first week that I have had every character.  Some of my 5 stars are single cover, but I have every single one of them.  It is nice while it lasts.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This week marks the first week that I have had every character.  Some of my 5 stars are single cover, but I have every single one of them.  It is nice while it lasts.
    Its amazing how easy it becomes to maintain a full roster once you have it.  Even if I'm not able to get the new 4*s in placement of their release event, I always get them from progression in the next event. And for 5*s, I keep a minimum 500 CP at all times so I can pull from the special store until I get 1.  It's not guaranteed to work, but I've been able to get everyone so far that way.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I'll +1 that; I spend everything as  i get it for the most part, and I had a pretty long dry spell of not being able to get a Lumbercap, but I've otherwise been able to land everybody pretty close to when they come out. I've never had 500cp at one time, and it seems hard to imagine lol.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me, saving CP is easy. It's up at the top of the screen with the ISO and HP, so I don't think about the exact numbers.  I've never been able to hoard tokens.  That number at the bottom of the screen taps straight into my OCD, and I have to clear it.  I'm the same with notifications on my phone. as soon as one of those little red circles pop up I have to clear it out.  
    I was able to hold them for about a week, once. That was only because I had 13 covers on my 5*GR, and didn't want to pull any more.  As soon as he rotated out and Okoye was in, I opened all I had.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a 14th cover for Bl4de from a Heroic Token. He was already at 250, so I had the ISO to finish him up. He's so much more fun to use now that I can respec him from 5/3/5. And the LT from his first Champ level gave me another JJ blue, so her camera is getting really dangerous now.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I pulled my 12th JJ cover today.   When does she leave latest tokens?
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled a unicorn today, a yellow Professor X! Just what I needed to get him to 5/5/3. I really thought the yellow covers didn't exist for a while.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled my 12th JJ cover today.   When does she leave latest tokens?
    Likely three weeks from today, but that's my educated guess, and what I'm planning for. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Reached 1200 for the first time ever in PVP. Special thanks to **** for the awesome grill that got me past the final threshold.