Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My son's daily reward was a standard token.  He claimed it, and got a 3-star Spider Man, with a 3-star Iron Man as a Bonus hero.  The Spider Man cover gave him a Miles Morales cover, and the Iron Man was one level away from giving him the Hulkbuster cover he needs to get him to 5/2/5.
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nabbed two bonus heroes in about a single minute, resulting in my finally champing Kamala Khan! There's my luck for the week.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My winning combination turned out to be Star Lord, Groot and IM40. The green of Star Lord thrashed the entire enemy without destroying the Blue strike tiles that added about 1k damage to each attack. Groot's health recovery made him be the wall taking the big hits. And Star-Lords occasional pink turned out to be helpful too. Of course, IM40's Red was the big hitter and the Yellow was my AP generator.
    Rocket & Groot are my favourite tank in the 3* tier. I've had them take over twice their health total in a single non-wave fight and walk out of it above half.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This happened two days ago while playing the final node in Growth Industry. The waves of 5 was felt too much. I lost trying a couple of times with various heroes. The enemies for me were at level 233 which meant I had to 5 waves of 3 characters each with a HP of around 10k. So a sum of ~150k against my ~30k. It seemed impossible

I went in with Thanos, IM40 and Groot. All at around LVL 170. The problem was in each wave if Thanos used his Court of Death once, my team got hit with 1k which meant in the entire 5 rounds Thanos was destroying half my health. Failed three times.

I tried replacing Thanos with Scarlet witch, 5* Cap at LVL 270 and a few other buffed characters. No luck.

My winning combination turned out to be Star Lord, Groot and IM40. The green of Star Lord thrashed the entire enemy without destroying the Blue strike tiles that added about 1k damage to each attack. Groot's health recovery made him be the wall taking the big hits. And Star-Lords occasional pink turned out to be helpful too. Of course, IM40's Red was the big hitter and the Yellow was my AP generator.

I had to calculate every move and I don't remember how long I was playing. This may not have been a single moment in the strictest terms. But it was the most-rewarding victory, I have experienced.
    Developers, please take note of this!  For all of the people complaining about “too much work for a 4* cover” in an OPTIONAL side event, there are others who absolutely love this kind of challenge. It really sucks that we don’t have more events like Growth Industry, Gauntlet, and Herocis anymore. Some complain it’s too hard, some complain that the rewards aren’t worth the time. But there are people out there who appreciate these extra events just for the challenge if nothing else. Please bring more of these back!

Congrats @Voldemort93 on your most rewarding victory to date!!
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I saw that the progression rewards for Unstable ISO-8 included two 3* Deadpool covers before I even entered the event. I knew one of my Deadpool colors was at five colors but wasn't sure which so I checked him. His coverage was 3/3/5 and the two from the rewards were the two I still needed. Perfect. So yesterday I get the second one and was able to champ him. I had 3 saved covers for him so that made it better. Reconfigured his covers to 5/5/3 and noticed his Whales, Whales, Whales now gave out over 4k damage to the enemy team. That's awesome.

At the time I hadn't yet done the final node for Growth Industry because 5 waves is a lot. But with Deadpool's new champed Whales, Whales, Whales damage I felt that would be a huge help. So I used him. Used Beast because he covered the other colors plus I like that he both heals my whole team and damages the other team and gives me special tiles but the other two were more important. I chose Blade as my third since he had an active black since Deadpool's is passive. Plus I hoped I'd get lucky and activate his The Thirst. The three worked well together. I intentionally avoided red at first and The Thirst ended up making about ten strike tiles and I was able to keep getting purple, green, and black for some nice damage. Not only did I beat the node and thus get the Wasp cover but I found a new team combo to use. :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed to squeak into a Top 50 result (placing 50th, exactly) in Unstable Iso-8.  It was my first Top 100 finish in PVE (outside of "PVE vacations" in SCL's 1 & 3) since they moved away from the 8hr timers.  I doubt this will be a regular occurrence for me, but it's nice to know easy brackets still exist somewhere and I can still luck into them...

Although it's not an MPQ moment, another great moment happened while doing a Thanos alliance raid in Strike Force.  I hadn't checked the damage already done to Thanos by my alliance mates, so when the battle started, Hawkeye was able to immediately down him with a single arrow.  I really hope Infinity War Pt 2 goes exactly like that, where all the major characters battle Thanos to no seeming effect, but then Hawkeye arrives and downs him with a single arrow and a "come on, guys, how did you not already have this?"
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulling the LL token from the Unstable Iso-8 vault. Onward to a fully covered JJ! (will pull before she leaves latest)
  • TheHungryPet
    Options
    Clawed my way up to #2 in Unstable Iso-8. Was at #6 before the last sub, GamRocket + boosted Thanos is lightning speed! :smile:
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4* champ #22 today. Antman 😁
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally got my first Okoye cover from a LL token won in the DP v XFW Crash.  It was BH but weirdly enough, it was the one that appeared first before the JJ cover that I actually got.  Anyway, my 3-5* are complete...for now.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First time to go T3 on Strange Sights.  Actually first T3 ever.  Yay me :smile:
  • TheHungryPet
    Options
    Got 2 4* out of my Season 10-pack and an additional 4* bonus hero. Super happy as previous ones were utter disappointment.
  • Voldemort93
    Voldemort93 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Got 2 4* out of my Season 10-pack and an additional 4* bonus hero. Super happy as previous ones were utter disappointment.
    I got 4 4* out of my Season 10 pack. I ended up with 13 heroes including bonus. Now after hearing your draw, I feel bummed that It's not going to be the same
  • Voldemort93
    Options
    This happened two days ago while playing the final node in Growth Industry. The waves of 5 was felt too much. I lost trying a couple of times with various heroes. The enemies for me were at level 233 which meant I had to 5 waves of 3 characters each with a HP of around 10k. So a sum of ~150k against my ~30k. It seemed impossible

I went in with Thanos, IM40 and Groot. All at around LVL 170. The problem was in each wave if Thanos used his Court of Death once, my team got hit with 1k which meant in the entire 5 rounds Thanos was destroying half my health. Failed three times.

I tried replacing Thanos with Scarlet witch, 5* Cap at LVL 270 and a few other buffed characters. No luck.

I had to calculate every move and I don't remember how long I was playing. This may not have been a single moment in the strictest terms. But it was the most-rewarding victory, I have experienced.
    3* Groot is the key. While playing the node in Antman's growth Industry. The first wave went completely against me. Accidentally I took in 2* maxed Thor instead of Groot. Luckily it was Groot who took the damage which healed about 8000HP due to the passive Yellow. By the end of 3rd wave I had about 3000HP in Groot's blue strike tiles, which help me finish the job quite easily.
  • Voldemort93
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Not exactly a best moment. But an exciting battle. It was in the Ironman 40 PVP event currently going on. I took my IM40, GSBW and StarLord against 5*Captain America, IM40 and Scarlet Witch. 

The battle was going against my favour. With the opponent getting a good deal of cascades and with the enemy IM40 was belting me. I was left only with Star Lord at 9K health. Enemy Cap used a power that emptied out 3k of it. I had taken out the enemy Scarlet witch and had plenty of green AP. I used the Green power twice to wipe out the enemy IM40.

In the end the health was at 900 vs 3000 something (Starlord vs Captain America). I got a Match 5 and a cascade and brought it to 36 vs 1800. Any other day, I would have retreated. I made a match 5 and got a lucky cascade that brought the enemy to 895. There was one critical tile on the board. With a final prayer I swiped it and did 888 damage. With just 7 of his HP remaining the Cap finished me of resulting in my defeat.

This wasn't even going in my favour. But still I managed to bring it that close. Just seven left. 
    Anybody had a defeat with lesser than 7 AP remaining?