Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Did a pull of my mini-hoard for 5* Wasp.  Not only did I get her and an Okoye, but I also got two purples for my previously 11/2/1 Kraven (5 blacks expired before saved covers went into effect).  While he’s clearly a very niche 4*, 5/4/1 at ~Lv200 is quite playable in those niches, so I’ll take it.
    I have this weird urge to get Kraven champed. I know he isn’t great but I got some teams I want to run with him in Sim.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took 20 pulls but I got the W5SP I wanted for essentials. Also scored 4* champ #24,#25.

Carol Danvers
    Sandman

still got 25 LL in the bank to boot.
    C4rol is awesome. One of my absolute favourite MPQ characters.
    ZootSax said:
    Did a pull of my mini-hoard for 5* Wasp.  Not only did I get her and an Okoye, but I also got two purples for my previously 11/2/1 Kraven (5 blacks expired before saved covers went into effect).  While he’s clearly a very niche 4*, 5/4/1 at ~Lv200 is quite playable in those niches, so I’ll take it.
    I have this weird urge to get Kraven champed. I know he isn’t great but I got some teams I want to run with him in Sim.
    I've actually been using him a bunch in Sim this season.  I was expecting it to be against Grockamoradusa, but I haven't actually seen many of those. He's been great against Carnage/Medusa teams, tho. I've also been finding his black more useful than expected, since I'm typically using him alongside Medusa, which mostly puts my strongest colour as her yellow passive, so I don't care when he destroys some of it.

My best moment was probably pulling one of the two red Spider Gwen covers in my Ghost and Foes vault. Just need one more non-purple cover in the next couple of days and I'll be able to take her up to 209 for that last node in Shield Training.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally champed 5* Thanos, saving his three dupe covers (thanks CS!) with two days to go, effectively stepping off the iso treadmill. While I'm not fully post-iso (still have lv255 13-covered Thor, Ghost Rider & Archangel plus the four most recent 4*s in varying states of completion), I can't foresee a future where I'm scrambling to raise iso or needing to sell max-champed 2* or 3*s.

Barring some crazy announcement on the 19th, I should be largely post-iso by the end of next season. 835 FTP days to summit the mountain. It's a nice feeling.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options

I've actually been using him a bunch in Sim this season.  I was expecting it to be against Grockamoradusa, but I haven't actually seen many of those. He's been great against Carnage/Medusa teams, tho. I've also been finding his black more useful than expected, since I'm typically using him alongside Medusa, which mostly puts my strongest colour as her yellow passive, so I don't care when he destroys some of it.

I champed Kraven not too long ago, and I have similary found that he pairs great with Medusa against 4ocket teams. He has a survivability problem considering his whole gimmick involves eating special damage for a turn, so having her around to keep team health in the green is good. I've been using him with patch and lockjaw some also just for laughs. Once I get the iso to champ Elektr4, I'll see if she works instead of Patch. It's not a fast team, but it is fun to take the straight up bottom tier into simulator and get some wins lol.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decided to pull a single LT from my current stash yesterday. Not only pulled my first HoboCap red cover (making him 1/4/3), but also received my first bonus 5* cover in months: Black Bolt black, making him 4/3/3. Finally charging 2 tiles each turn instead of one!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    new best moment. I missed out on Wa5p in her special store, so I  burned 25cp in latest just now. Didn't get one, but I got another black Okoye, making my 5* 3:4 out of my last 4 draws in latest. Really looking forward to the interminable dry spell that must be coming to balance that one out.
    I also missed out on Wasp in her store and so opened an LT to try and roster 1 cover getting a yellow Okoye! I am hoping there is a correlation here - don't draw Wasp = do draw Okoye. I can play SCL7 for Waspie PvE'S no probs. ;)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today's best moment was hitting 900 in PVP using no shields for the blue Ghost cover (in just 27 wins, after taking only one defensive loss) literally under a minute before the deluge of hits started pouring in (I'm now below 400 in my score).  Timing is everything in PVP when you're hoping to avoid dropping too much on shields...although having boosted Riri & Kate doesn't hurt, either... :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Going into the last match I need for 40 wins in Just a Phase, I saw a match-5 on the board that would fall into another match-5. I go for it, and it just keeps cascading. I actually got up and refilled my glass of water, and the cascade was just ending as I sat back down again. The opposing Cage was downed by the cascade, and I had enough AP to easily thrash the other two members of the team. It was the kind of thing that made me wish we could get an instant replay to watch it again.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Today's best moment was hitting 900 in PVP using no shields for the blue Ghost cover (in just 27 wins, after taking only one defensive loss) literally under a minute before the deluge of hits started pouring in (I'm now below 400 in my score).  Timing is everything in PVP when you're hoping to avoid dropping too much on shields...although having boosted Riri & Kate doesn't hurt, either... :)
    Same thing for me except my powerhouses were boosted Riri & SGwen.
    I never push to 900. I hardly play PVP, in fact; but I decided to go for it with two of my only four 4* champs boosted and the 3rd char being a new char, low on everyone's roster. Perfect storm, had to go for it. Felt great, but I think I may have to re-retire from that level of PVP again. Too cutthroat for me and really hurt my PVE timing.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find the 4* release pvps are usually easier to climb than others because almost everyone is on a loaner. I got up to 900 nearly in a single push off of Sandman/Vulture. Sandman is a killer on boost
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got up to 900 in Ghost PVP in one single push and snatched that sweet cover. Vulture and boosted Riri are killer!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Running Riri and Vulture with Ghost in the the Ghost PvP. I'd just made a black match to get enough black AP to send Vulture airborne, but on the AI team's very next turn their Riri was nice enough to send him airborne for me. Thanks for the free AP, AI team! :smiley:
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After about three tries, winning a match only to take a hit during it, I got over the 900 mark and nabbed my 4th Ghost cover. Cyclops & Kate did the bulk of the work, with Ironheart & Sandman winning a few matches along the way. Kate does filthy damage when she's boosted; anyone not boosted, she can knock out in a single hit. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Running Riri and Vulture with Ghost in the the Ghost PvP. I'd just made a black match to get enough black AP to send Vulture airborne, but on the AI team's very next turn their Riri was nice enough to send him airborne for me. Thanks for the free AP, AI team! :smiley:
    I'll admit I accidentally did that same thing with my Riri once against the AI's Vulture. Learned the hard way to watch closer for that. That mistake snowballed into my only offensive loss in my push to 900.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Got 16 wins in High Stakes using only the loaner and 1* Spidey and Storm!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @TPF Alexis
    I gotta know, how?  and which Storm?  How many points did this net you?  Wow, now this is an accomplishment considering you're not exactly in the 1* tier :smiley:
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    @TPF Alexis
    I gotta know, how?  and which Storm?  How many points did this net you?  Wow, now this is an accomplishment considering you're not exactly in the 1* tier :smiley:
    1* Storm as well. It's not actually that hard to get close, but it's rare to make it to 16 without having to jump up at least to 2*. Get in right at the start, and beat as many seed teams as possible, using the loaner and 1*. Then just keep fighting the Retals with the lowest level team you can manage. I don't remember where I peaked, points-wise, but I don't think I cracked 400. I'm at 284 right now, after getting hit a bunch more.

If I manage that start, and stay on top of the Retals so I don't have too many of them wiped by the app resetting, I can usually make it to somewhere between 20 and 30 wins before I have to use my actual high level teams. The mid-levels of the process are fun, too. I get to play around with my 3* and under-covered/leveled 4* in situations where they can actually do something.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Max champed 2 3* (Patch & BW) within an hour of each other.  It's like I just started champing just a second ago lol
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Had an itch to open some classics packs until getting a 5*.
    First I got 8 4*s plus 1 bonus hero. 8 were champ levels and the 9th was a Blonde Widow of my most needed color.
    Then the 5* Hit. Black Doc Oc. Yes he sucks, but this was the only color of his I didn't have yet, so not unhappy with it.
    And boom! Bonus Blackbolt Black, my 13th cover for him. I thought about waiting til a 14th to champ him, but with the pending Nerf to Gambit so near, I decided to champ and respec him right away.

Now i can enjoy Gambolt in full glory for 1 week.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opened nine standard tokens and they were all 1*s. Not surprising but I figured I'd get at least one 2* so I was disappointed. The LR started about a minute later so I did that. Got the standard token from the progression and opened it expecting another 1*. So imagine my shock when it showed the gold and I got a 3* plus of course a BH 3*. A 3* from a standard token is great by itself but getting one almost right after getting nine 1*s made it even better.