Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Voldemort93
    Voldemort93 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Champed two three stars today
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Had 5* Gambit sitting at 5/2/5 for a few months now and had 2 covers already saved.  Decided to pull a classics yesterday and landed the red that I needed! I sold off 3 max champed 3* and immediately champed him. That gives me 2 weeks to use him before his nerf at least!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huntah86 said:
    Had 5* Gambit sitting at 5/2/5 for a few months now and had 2 covers already saved.  Decided to pull a classics yesterday and landed the red that I needed! I sold off 3 max champed 3* and immediately champed him. That gives me 2 weeks to use him before his nerf at least!
    Not to rain on your parade, but the nerf happens a week from today when the next season starts. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Huntah86 said:
    Not to rain on your parade, but the nerf happens a week from today when the next season starts. 
    Also, PSA, use 5* Gambit in an event (not sure if it's PVE, PVP, or both) before the end of the season so that you get the LL mentioned in the official nerf post...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Huntah86 said:
    Also, PSA, use 5* Gambit in an event (not sure if it's PVE, PVP, or both) before the end of the season so that you get the LL mentioned in the official nerf post...
    I took my 1/2/0 Gambit for a spin in Blade's PvP - thanks for the reminder!
  • WebTangler
    WebTangler Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I was struggling to reach 900 points in Blade's PVP, had one more fight left before I was out of health packs and hope, knew I was going to get hit sixteen times while going for that last victory -- and in the middle of just barely pulling it out, I somehow picked up two defensive wins.  I had Shuri's cover before the fight even ended.

Her bonus level gave me enough ISO to champion Charles.  And within my head, a familiar voice declared Great, now I have to fix up another whiteboy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    After champing Kraven a week or so ago, I switched gears to trying to save a P4nther cover i had on the vine. I've been using him wildly under-leveled (lvl94) with Shuri and Main Event, and even then he was crazy effective, so i was pretty hype for it. Trouble was, I was down to just Moonstone, Thor, Ares, and Bagman as my 2* champs, so there wasn't a lot of hope any of them would max out and give me a quick iso influx. At any rate, I spent a bunch of time in PVP hunting for 2* covers and incidental iso, and I managed to get the 100k i needed by getting Thor to max-champ. I saved BP with just 23 hours to go. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I'm putting this in the "Best" thread because it was so bad I had to laugh.

Playing Deadpool vs. Heroes using MEH since he's boosted, I coasted my way to the Merry Mutants Society one-off mission. Just as MEH's Grand Entrance is about to fire for the first time, I noticed Teen Jean on the other team and thought "Wouldn't it just suck if he destroyed the tiles just right to OHMYTINYKITTY HE CREATED A MATCH-5!!"

TJ stunned my whole team for 2 turns before my first move. It was either laugh or scream. I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my seat on the bus.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I would love to know if there is code that lives with opposing Teen Jean that increases odds of there being available match-5s at the start of a match lol. I swear I get multiple opportunities for it every time she shows up
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Thanos from Behold Thanos event brought mine to 266 for my 24th maxed 3 star.
    I now have over half the 3*s max champed!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hit 2000 in SHIELD Sim tonight for the Wiccan cover. The last match was a doozy. I was running Medusa, Mr. F, Thing, to take down some ever prevalent Medusa  Gamora, Grocket teams. So Gamora cascaded into her blue, twice in a row, and then her black. I see in horror that every purple is filled, and sure enough, she gets the instant kill on Thing. This makes it a 2-2 with my Thing and enemy Medusa down.

I slog my way through, since with Medusa down the enemy team can't heal, and finally get the win. I figured I must have taken a hit, but no, 2000 points. I think it was win #72. Glad I don't need to slug out three more.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

A couple of recent moments:

Reaching the point where I have no-one I can give ISO to.  I managed to accrue nearly 500k before getting a cover that meant I could use ISO to level someone.  It's nice, yet vaguely disappointing.

Starting my climb in SHIELD Simulator with about a day to go, and beating all comers (*) with Shuri / 5* Hawkeye / Coulson.

(*) Still skipping Gambit.  And Jessica Jones.  And Okoye.  But everyone else is fair game and falls to my mightily fortified (yet less health in total than even one of the opposition) team.  Just wait until next season or whenever it is that supports are available in PVP and even more tiles can be fortified.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I was doing my final clears on the first sub of DPvMPQ, two matches out of three, MEHulk made a match-5 with his start of game Grand Entrance, meaning that I had Speed Shot countdowns going before I even took a turn.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Best moment of the day:
    I used my Professor X (Charles Xavier) on my team in Versus Battle.
    For some reason, AI gained so much Match-5, Critical Damage, AP Generation so their powers keeps flowing.
    My team didn't have a chance to fight back so both of my other characters are downed.
    Professor X cannot fight all 3 with his power since he's more of a supportive character. Especially when he had like 10% health left.
    When I thought the match ends, a miracle happened. For some reason, I managed to match a Purple Match-5 and gain an extra few Purple AP, so I fire his Purple (Blind Spot) and the power creates an Invisibility tile in the corner of the game. (Lucky)
    The thing is, the enemy doesn't have characters like War Machine, Stephen Strange that removes Invisibility tiles or deals Team Damage. They could not remove the damn tile

I won the match....by only matching tiles. It takes way too long but I won at least. 
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Champed 3* Doctor Strange. :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Got 4 heroics from the PVP season-end. One of them was an Iron Spider (0/3/1) that came with a bonus Wiccan (3/2/4), and then the last one was a champ level for Nico (lvl 285, tied with Rogue for my highest covered 4). that was far and away superior to the 3* Hulk/9 2* season 10-pack I got lol.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Started Simulator with no Wa5p at clearance 8, figured I’d just hope for progression. Halfway through, got a 20th cp that got me lvl 280 for hobofist that got me a black Wa5p, just in time. That story token got me lvl 284 for G4mora
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    Get Thanos to snap his fingers - then you'll have all of them!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Get Thanos to snap his fingers - then you'll have all of them!
    Doesn’t work that way. Kahmon will only be left with 24 3*, of which 12 will be champed.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

I hope Kahmon remembers his 3*.