Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nothing quite like taking the Professor out for a ride and having a match 5 on the board on turn 1 during PVP. Instantly downed the opposing Witch before she could blink. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got lvl 279 for lockjaw in classic, came with a bonus green Wiccan for 3/4/5. Then I got the Wiccan in progression for 3/4/6. Then I got a bullseye token that gave me a Kid Nova to save, which was the last 4* I lost off my vine pre-13+ cover save, and that one came with a yellow Wiccan for 3/5/6. Next pull out of classic was a black 5* panther for 1/0/1.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Finally beat that Agent Venom crash with my 4/2/4 lvl 143. I was on my last health pack, and decided to change my strategy of attempting to manage everyone's AP to just....matching all the things everywhere until I had enough AP to fire his red twice in the same turn, with an incidental use of his yellow. Managed to do it with 1k hp to spare, LT got me a 10th cover for Kate Bishop
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Recently got Winter Soldier.
    **, ***, **** all rostered.
    so I got only 6x more 5* left to roster.

i had all * before but sold all but juggernaut & Yelena for roster space.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I chased Valkyrie pretty hard, and got lucky with some pulls as well, so she's the first time I've gotten a 5* cover from a Feeder update!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eked out a Crash win despite only having AgVenom at 3/0/3.
    That was tough without his Black. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think my moment of the day was actually finding a janky, Howard The Duck team in Season Simulator when I was at ~1,500 points.  In the previous couple seasons, I don't think I was taking advantage of the wins-based progression enough, so this season I've been attempting a lot of mirror matches against the oddball, early-climb teams and using only 3*'s against the myriad of 300+5*/300+5*/3* Strange (or less frequently 3* Thanos) teams that a lot of 3* players seem to run when they're high enough to break MMR.  While I still run into the same annoying wall of fully-covered/~Lv360 5* & Medusa/Rocket-based teams once I crest 1,600, my retaliation nodes quickly fill up with some more variety to keep it going.

I can honestly say I have no idea what my current defensive team is, right now, as I have no idea what the MMR considers my strongest recent team (my last four used teams were the 3* Guardians, 3* Steve/IM40/Kamala, Jessica Jones/3* Thanos/4* Carol & Howard/OML/3* Strange--the last fully 4* team I used was when I was sub-1,000 pts) (for reference, all my 5*'s with enough covers are soft-capped at Lv315, as none have more than 9 covers).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    ZootSax said:
    I can honestly say I have no idea what my current defensive team is, right now, as I have no idea what the MMR considers my strongest recent team (my last four used teams were the 3* Guardians, 3* Steve/IM40/Kamala, Jessica Jones/3* Thanos/4* Carol & Howard/OML/3* Strange--the last fully 4* team I used was when I was sub-1,000 pts) (for reference, all my 5*'s with enough covers are soft-capped at Lv315, as none have more than 9 covers).
    Because you’ve used your JJ and OML, it’s quite likely your defensive team would be the one with either (I know you said they were your last 4 used teams, but I couldn’t tell which one was used after the other from your post). It’s possible you could still change to 3 4*s later, but I’m not sure because it’s been a while since they adjust defensive teams

I *Think* it is possible to go from two fivestars to two boosted fourstar at least. I seem to have had some success with that. Unless I am imagining things.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won today's Behemoth Burrito when Tony tried to put the Hulkbuster suit into Overdrive while he only had like 500 health. I mean, I would have had it anyhow, but the image of him running up the reactor only to have the whole thing overheat and shut down or something amuses me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won today's Behemoth Burrito when Tony tried to put the Hulkbuster suit into Overdrive while he only had like 500 health. I mean, I would have had it anyhow, but the image of him running up the reactor only to have the whole thing overheat and shut down or something amuses me.
    That sounds like every Iron Man comic from the 70's plot line!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Today's Spid3r-Man cover from DDQ got me an LT, and that got me my first red cover for Lumbercap (1/4/3)
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Options
    When the loki store became available I opened 3 tokens and got a bolt and loki from first 2 🙂.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Right after pulling that Lumbercap out of latest, I did 2 pulls in the Loki store. Got a champ level on C4rol and another yellow for Gladiathor (1/0/2)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 607 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got a particularly nice one today: Heroic token gave me a 4, which was Elektra black - the 13th cover for my 5-2-5 Elektra. And then it gave me a bonus, the yellow I needed for my 5-5-2 Valkyrie. Filling in the last cover ona  5-5-2 is always sweet but 2 in one? That was sweet.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MrBowers said:
    When the loki store became available I opened 3 tokens and got a bolt and loki from first 2 🙂.
    Same here except mine was bolt from first pull and Loki from third pull B)
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got the Heroic 10-pack for the season already. With ten days left I think I might be able to get the iso at 5000 points also. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hit 2,000 in the season PVP simulator, making my Ghost a marginally-better Lv172 2/1/5.  It only took 66 wins (at least half of which were deliberate mirror matches against lower level rosters) to reach 2,001pts and as a bonus I never faced a single Gamora, Rocket & Medusa team (I used them once myself to hit a high-point team, based around Prof X and JJ during my final climb, but otherwise I used the 3* Guardians far more than their 4* counterparts).  Oddly, my most used team was 5* Iron Man, GSBW and 3* Hulk (a 3* player and I traded 4-5+ counterattack’s over the past week with that mirror-match).  Otherwise, I probably used at least 35 different characters, at a bare minimum, so considering my full roster is only 125 that kind of team diversity is another positive to boot.  While I personally see less benefit to the point/win hybrid system in normal PVP events, it’s been a real breath of fresh air for the simulator.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled off a lovely champion chain last night.

2* Daken -> 3* Daken -> 4* X-23 -> LT -> 5* Okoye Black. This is especially good because that was my 11th Okoye pulled and finally it was the Wakanda Forever power.