Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is more "funniest" than "best" - One of the people in my alliance was telling me that I could have Cloak and Dagger feed Moon Knight black AP for his "Fist of Kimchi."  Gotta love when auto correct "fixes" something like that. :)

I think I've had Fist of Kimchi at my local Chinese takeaway :)
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Spent 60 CP on 3 classic LTs and got three 5* and a bonus hero.  I was/am convinced the store was broken.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pulled a Bl4de out of a random 2* champ level heroic token, came with a bonus Vulture. Bl4de is up to 1/3/2, Vulture is at 4/2/2 now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I posted this in the Worst moment of the day thread last week:
    Quebbster said:

Got a red 3* Captain Marvel cover from a token.

Sadly, my new Captain Marvel is currently at 5/1/2, so unless I get a lot of black and yellow covers in the coming weeks I will probably have to convert it to ISO. Haven't had to axe a threestar cover in a loong time...

As it happens, CM3 is now up to 5/4/3 and I am about half a dozen Ms Marvel covers away from another yellow cover, so it looks like I will be able to use that red cover after all. That's pretty sweet.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got that yellow Nick Fury from progression in The Hunt this morning. That's the first non-blue fury I've gotten since....oh, before you were born. 2/14/2 now. Maybe that'll break the seal on him.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Champed my first 3* dupe today: Grocket. Also the first 3* I maxed. Patch and Cap dupes are fully covered, IM40 just needs a yellow or blue cover. OG Cap and IM40 both at 265, although Patch is around 257 still. And the ISO treadmill continues unabated...
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I pulled my 11th 5* Daredevil cover last night.  Thankfully he is still in latest so I can get a cover swap. =)  Just need 2 more!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @mexus depending on who is boosted in there, I may or may not be able to push to 900 in Cover Squirrel. I don't have an SG on roster right now, so I have to imagine it will be a hard slog for me with a loaner.

On my third attempt at the Winter Soldier crash this morning, my 4/2/1 Bucky lv 152 went in with +2 to all AP, +2 to red/yellow, and +2 to blue/purple. The match came down to both Bucky and T'Challa having 388 hit points exactly somehow, and I ended the match with a Precision Shot. the LT got me a yellow 5* Daredevil, bringing him to 3/1/0
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thought I would try my luck on Angel's vault and snagged two Angel covers with a 10 pack. Not too shabby.
    @mexus depending on who is boosted in there, I may or may not be able to push to 900 in Cover Squirrel. I don't have an SG on roster right now, so I have to imagine it will be a hard slog for me with a loaner.

On my third attempt at the Winter Soldier crash this morning, my 4/2/1 Bucky lv 152 went in with +2 to all AP, +2 to red/yellow, and +2 to blue/purple. The match came down to both Bucky and T'Challa having 388 hit points exactly somehow, and I ended the match with a Precision Shot. the LT got me a yellow 5* Daredevil, bringing him to 3/1/0
    Having a loaner isn't really a bad thing though because if your loaner SG dies or is badly injured in the win then you don't have to spend health packs on her. Good luck on getting to 900.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Thanks @shardwick ; i've only ever done it in points-based pvp one other time, so i'm not hopeful unless i have 2 boosted 4*s. I can typically get to 800+ if I'm so inclined, but for some reason I just get stomped back down to 450-500 every time I really want to get to 900
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same. I got within like ten points of hitting 900 for a Miles cover the season before wins based pvp. Ten little points and I found a pretty easy fight in a sea of high level Grockets and Gamoras. Boosted my ap so I could finish as soon as possible and just tore that person apart. Was so happy at the thought of snagging my very first 4* in a pvp. But then I got to the points screen and I was short. Hit with a -75 and then about ten minutes later I was hit with a -100. Bleh.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    So somehow I came up short on progression in The Hunt today; I did my usual 4X clears of all nodes like I've been doing forever, and going into today's sub I realized I was somehow missing about 4,000 pts. So I green-checked every node in the sub, and was still short about 1500pts this morning. I was sitting on 21cp, and really wanted that 22cp from CL7 top progression to spend in Angel of Death. Well, I managed to tap my way to almost exactly full progression points (55,022) by just waiting most of the day, periodically totaling up the 7th-clear values until it had recharged to what i needed. Didn't quite have enough for 2 pulls after that, but ended up with a green Vulture (4/3/2). I'm sure i'll pick up some loose CP from Apocalypse and get another draw before too long.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I stepped up to cl9 for The Hunt and after several beatings and brusings got the t50 finish I was hoping for because...

The Black Vulture cover brought mine to the 4/4/4 Sweet spot!

Then as a bonus the vault token for the last day landed me an Elektra Black to make her 5/4/3. I'm about 3 weeks away from another one via Shield resupply so unless I get another Purple in the next week or so I won't have to worry about wasting any covers for her.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I looked at the unleveled 0/0/5 3* Gambit duplicate I rostered a while back... Then I asked an Alliance buddy what Gambit sold for at level 89. So I pumped in 8500 ISO to get him to level 89, then sold him for 9500 ISO and 500 HP, and rostered Angel instead. I can live with that Exchange rate.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I was having a super hard time in Cover Squirrel yesterday, having to use a loaner SG and not having any boosted champion 4* characters. When I finally got to the 575 cp mark using what was at best a b-squad team with no remaining health packs, that put me up to 30cp. so I went into the Angel of Death store for my second pull....and landed a green Archangel. Now I just need to come up with another 55hp to find a home for him. Once I find a Goblin and an Iron Man (XVLI) I'll have all the 4s and 5s on roster