Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I dropped to CL6 for a pretty good shot at top 2 and snagging four Nico covers, but, alas, more people keep dropping down there too. I was kinda sad though because that Teen Jean is up on CL7 and she's one of my favorites and I desperately need it because I have eight covers for her. No Jean progression cover for me. Then the scoring bug really kicked me in the teeth so I was -400 pts in the hole right from the start even though I was the third to finish opening clears. But I saw a glimmer of hope because the good thing about CL6 is that most people there play like they're in CL6. And when you combine that with sub 1 being 48 hrs my -400 pts was pretty much a non factor. I finished sub 1 in fourth though I should be in third and fairly close to second place. But that's just the start. I did a little run in Gamora's pvp and grabbed her token at 650. Oooh flashy gold token. I got a Gamora which gave me a Thanos champ reward and I got a bonus Teen Jean as well. Not too shabby.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It should be better next pve when many go back up to CL7-9 to get the Nico progression cover.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Climbed up to 825 in Sworded Affairs within the last hour. One of the event tokens awarded G4mora. A sudden flash and a bonus black Vulture drops who is now at 10 covers. I'm surprised how good his black is even at low power levels.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I've been glad for the return of points-based PvP, but never more so than today. Had a big exam this afternoon and didn't have the chance to do too much in Sworded Affairs. Thought I'd see how far I could progress before tonight's PvE grind, and ended up climbing from 400 to 900 in about 25 minutes.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A good start to the day, but also confusing. Woke up to 2 defense wins in Staff Appreciation. Now I need to figure out how it happened. Highest level team I used was 280 Eddie Venom, 279 Elektra. Also gave my 255 (1/0/2) GladiaThor a whirl with Psylocke (265, 5/3/5), and my last team was that same Psylocke with Beast (248, 5/5/3). So who even loses to those kinds of teams? Would be really super helpful if we had a patch in the future with “you can now view your defensive team in PVP events and Simulator”. The guesswork is getting old.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well for me today it was the heroes for hire 5* hawkeye for 250cp.  Buying that cover allows me to have him 13/13 and I'll slowly start building him for when I might pull a cover a champ level.

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Killing G4mora in Crash of the Titans with my lv 110 2/4/4/ Yondu w/o damage boosts. Was a close call and just survived with lucky match-4s towards the end but man did it feel awesome to defeat her.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK, so I didn't actually champ her today, but having Peggy Champed and Boosted is making Simulator way easier. I've taken on basically everything with her, IM40, and either the Required character or SWitch.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 265 Lazy Cap coughed up a blue Bucky cover, bringing him to 5/5/3. Then I pulled the Nico cover (purple for me) from her vault. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Black Bolt today, one that I've wanted champed for awhile. 5* champ #6 for me!!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The rewards from Staff Appreciation Day means I can get my old Kamala Khan to level 266 and start applying the extra covers to the new version I have already rostered with 13 covers, so that's two Legendary tokens from one set of rewards. Not bad!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a green MEHulk of a random Nico & Friends token. Brought him to 1/1/1, which isn't quite enough to do the second node in Shield Training, but still feels like progress.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Found a purple X23 in the H4H store today.  Had a green waiting on the vine so I scooped up my purple, champed her, got a LT, which provided me pull that resulted in a purple Nightcrawler and a BH of vulture.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Two things will suit this thread today:

1. I´ve opened a heroic token and got a Bl4de cover and a purple bonus cover for Nightcrawler bringing him to an optimal 4/4/4 build. Now I´m able to finish Kurt with the purple cover from Shield Sim.

2. I´ve pulled some token for the Nico & Friends vault and I actually managed to get the Nico cover on my 7th attempt. She´s at 3/2/3 now.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2 heroics from an LR got me IMHB w/ bonus Medusa and Torch w/ bonus Gambit. A nice tonic to the irritating grind of Simulator for much lousier rewards.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had insomnia so I opened about 80 latest legends. I got 11 5*s plus a bonus and 6 4* bonus heroes.  I'm at the point where I have 45 4* champions. Out of all those pulls I only got six 4* covers for non-champions. One of those was a purple Deadpool that is wasted (2,4,5) and one was a 14th for War Machine who is now my Iso focus. 5* Daredevil now has 9 covers with a decent 4,3,2 spread, hopefully I will get some more covers for him before he leaves the Latest.

I also had a relatively quiet finishing run to 2000 in the season simulator.

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Learning about what a beautiful combination 5* Hawkeye, IM40 and boosted Peggy is! All you have to do is successfully fire off IM's yellow once and then make one match 3 of blue and it's pretty much game over for any of the nodes thanks to combing IM's yellow and Hawkeyes Can't Miss!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Saw that the 5* required for Deadpool vs MPQ mysteriously changed from Thano5 to Black 5uit Spider-Man, was momentarily sad. Pulled a classic legends token, landed my first cover for Black 5uit Spider-Man. That makes my last 2 consecutive classic legends pulls 5* since I got another blue for Haw5guy yesterday. Now the only two I'm missing are Goblin and Iron Man.