Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dropped Hulk in one Turn in my fourth clear of the Sahara sub. Running Gladiathor (tons of health, and sets my strongest colour to green), C4rol, and Quake. Got an amazing board with a couple of match-5s right off the bat, which turned into a whole pile of damage, and three Anger countdowns. Those caused quite a series of cascades in turn, and when the dust all cleared, Thor was pretty beat-up, but Hulk was down.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a BAMF! cover for Nightcrawler with my very last No Good News token, making him 3/4/4. Which means he'll get to 4/4/4 when I clear Simulator. Add another to the 12 Cover Club! 
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat Crash of the titans and got LT with Gladiathor! Spend 20CP and got also 13th cover for St4r-Lord!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got 3 3* Gambit covers today. 1 from a Deadpool token, 1 from an Elite token, and got a Gambit BH! What luck! 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On Sunday, I ended up at level 298 for 4* Gamora. I decided it was worth using some of my CP collection (which I was maintaining around 1440 = 2 * 720) to try and get her to 300 and double-dip on the Champion reward change. Also to hopefully pull the 13th cover for Mockingbird, who had been in a 4/3/5 build for about a month.

Happy to report that 400 CP later, I:
    - Got Gamora to 300
    - Pulled 2 Mockingbirds (one normal and one BH)
    - Pulled 4 or 5 Lockjaws which got him fully covered too
    - Championed those two
    - An LT gave me my first Purple Gambit (I will wait a little while before applying it to my 0/5/4).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    On Sunday, I ended up at level 298 for 4* Gamora. I decided it was worth using some of my CP collection (which I was maintaining around 1440 = 2 * 720) to try and get her to 300 and double-dip on the Champion reward change. Also to hopefully pull the 13th cover for Mockingbird, who had been in a 4/3/5 build for about a month.

- Got Gamora to 300
    - Championed those two
    - An LT gave me my first Purple Gambit (I will wait a little while before applying it to my 0/5/4).
    Probably a good plan to wait on that Gambit purple. He’s probably required 5 on Thursday, so you should make good use of him feeding purple to Teen Jean for basically every single non-trivial mission. Easy event for you (unless we end up in a Boss Battle. All those required X-Men... I’d rather roll into a normal event, but Vs Apocalypse is acceptable too.)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Running Mockingbird, Vulture and Yondu against one of the seemingly endless Juggs nodes today. He was kind enough to make a match-4 and Mockingbird set off Yondu's blue, downing him from 20k+ health, and leaving me with the blue ap for Vulture's next take-off to clear the countdowns and kill off someone else at about 14k.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Honourable mentions for pulling a Quake cover from a Sticks and Stones token, pulling a 5* Thor cover with my third pullnfrom latests, and pulling 4* Thor's 13th cover the day before I get a 14th from resupply.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but Daredevil became my first 5* champ tonight. I had eight covers on the vine I just couldn't bear to waste and didn't feel like starting a dupe. He sits at 458 and I respeced him to 5/3/5.

I also took precisely zero hits on my way to 900 in the Cag3 PvP for the yellow Miles cover. Then, once again with the final token from a PvP, I pulled a 4* cover: Miles purple. Those covers took him to 4/5/3, adding him to the 12 Cover Club. I think I'm up to 17 with either 12 or 13 covers. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Well, I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but Daredevil became my first 5* champ tonight. I had eight covers on the vine I just couldn't bear to waste and didn't feel like starting a dupe. He sits at 458 and I respeced him to 5/3/5.

I also took precisely zero hits on my way to 900 in the Cag3 PvP for the yellow Miles cover. Then, once again with the final token from a PvP, I pulled a 4* cover: Miles purple. Those covers took him to 4/5/3, adding him to the 12 Cover Club. I think I'm up to 17 with either 12 or 13 covers. 
    You'll love DD, he's very good!!!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got Black Nova cover from heroic token + bonushero Invisible woman
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Thanks man. I've heard he's good, but that's not what concerns me. I was wanting to get mostly through champing the 4* tier before moving onto 5*s, and even then I was hoping to bump several at once rather than just kind of doing it piecemeal. But, RNGesus had different plans and beggars can't be choosers. So hopefully my MMR won't be affected by this too much, but I guess we'll see. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Thanks man. I've heard he's good, but that's not what concerns me. I was wanting to get mostly through champing the 4* tier before moving onto 5*s, and even then I was hoping to bump several at once rather than just kind of doing it piecemeal. But, RNGesus had different plans and beggars can't be choosers. So hopefully my MMR won't be affected by this too much, but I guess we'll see. 

One fivestar champion won't be a huge problem, you will mostly be matched up with other guys with a single fivestar champion. It's when you get the second that it gets a bit repetitive, because after that you need to use those two all the time.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DarthDeVo

As Quebbster said, 1 champ 5 won't be an issue for you, especially DD. He is one of the better ones. And, how about those 5* champ rewards??
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    @DarthDeVo

As Quebbster said, 1 champ 5 won't be an issue for you, especially DD. He is one of the better ones. And, how about those 5* champ rewards??
    I find those rewards to most agreeable, sir. Most agreeable, indeed. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    ZeiramMR said:

- Got Gamora to 300
    - Championed those two
    Probably a good plan to wait on that Gambit purple. He’s probably required 5 on Thursday, so you should make good use of him feeding purple to Teen Jean for basically every single non-trivial mission. Easy event for you (unless we end up in a Boss Battle. All those required X-Men... I’d rather roll into a normal event, but Vs Apocalypse is acceptable too.)
    Yeah. I tried SCL 9 in the last Honor Among Thieves and HATED the scaled-up Mindless Ones. Might be more bearable with Jean/Gambit. I'll decide my SCL once I see the power set on the new character.