Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    @DarthDeVo we continue to be roster-twins. I just champed Lockjaw today, number 31, and have Rogue with 10 covers and Nightcrawler with 5, I think. All the other Latests are champed already, and a pleasing number of Vintage 4*s have 9+ covers.

@TheHungryPet I beat Jean last time around with a woefully under-covered Iceman (0/3/1, if I remember rightly), so you should manage just fine.
    Nice! Are you in a severe ISO crunch as well? For the first time in a long time, I'm having to let some of my 2* farm sit at Level 15 for a bit.

Normally I sell, reroster, and champ a 2* all at once, but there's no way I'll complete Fury and Ghost Rider if I do that. 

Then it will be Yondu after that, unless I get my 13th cover for Lockjaw. I've only got like two days left on one of my extra blue covers, but closer to 10 days on the second, so I might be able to save that one. They're both at Level 94 still. At least Rogue is at 209 (for SHIELD Training), so she won't have quite as far to go. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a tough fight in Vicious Cycl and was convinced I'd lose - my Thanos was in bad shape and was close to death, and the opposing team was in pretty good shape. With the help of some well-placed Penance Stares I was able to down everyone and triumph anyway, though my Thanos was down to around 2000 HP when it was said and done. Victory never tasted so sweet...
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To achieve an unexpected Top 10 placement in PVP with my very last fight.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed Elektra + 1 cover! And got Green Goblin yellow cover (fifth) He now 1/4/5
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To achieve an unexpected Top 10 placement in PVP with my very last fight.
    That was a very, very stupid bracket.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    After finishing the seed teams on Sakaar, I was in 13th place, tied with ahalf a dozen others at 101 points. I was the last one to arrive, so I was ranked last. I figured maybe I could do a last minute fight and jump up the rankings. When the round was coming to a close I checked again and suddenly I was in 8th place, No need for extra fights then, I got the Elite token. :)
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She had evaded me for 861 days, but I received a Spider-Gwen red in the taco's, which means I now have at least 1 cover for all 4* characters!
  • Quebbster
    Options

Got an Elite token from a round on Sakaar. That gave me a Ms Marvel cover. Not terribly exciting.

The Ms Marvel champion level gave me a Heroic token. Nice, might get something cool there... No, Another silver... an OBW cover.

OBW's champion level was good for Another Heroic token though. I got flashing gold... but it was a yellow Mockingbird, the one color I already have maxed.

Ohh, wait, bonus hero! Blue Gamora! Very nice, that takes her to a Mighty 1/0/1, but with the progression covers from EOTS and maybe the other blue that is in the vault she should have a decent chance in her Crash when it comes!

Mockingbird will probably become ISO unless I can get Three more red and/or Purple covers in the next two weeks (unlikely), but that Gamora cover really made my day.

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not so much a day as about a week.  Despite some aggravation at the new PvP mode, I've been having a swimming time with my tokens.  I've always opened Latests as soon as I got them, but spent my cp on classics.  Once Ock left I switched to Latest there, as well.

5* Spidey appeals to me as a character.  The first time I used him (way undercovered) I thought he was really neat.  I'd managed to amass 6 covers just opening latests and was hoping I'd get a few more before Thor displaced him.  Well, in the past week and change I've drawn 5 - and since he's in latests, I get to cover swap to keep them all.  As of that swap, I'll be up to 11 covers, equal to my next highest non-champ 5*.  I've even still got a little more time to maybe reach that magical 13 before I have to throw him to bonus heroes and cross my fingers.

It's like RNG knew what a butt it was being to me with all the Venom green and 5* hawkeye blue covers and decided to treat me this week with one of the characters I like for more than raw power or utility.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Drew a mini-hoard from Friends From Work trying to get GladiaThor. In 41 pulls, I got four 5trange covers, bringing him to 2/3/4, and one Banner (black) and Thor (red). 

I also drew a 13th cover for Lockjaw, which let me champ him and save three covers on the vine. I also got Rogue to 13 covers, with three on the vine. That means for the first time ever, I've got all the Latest 4*s fully covered. I just need ISO to champ Yondu and Rogue. 
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Got 13th cover from heroic token to Carnage AND bonushero Iceman!!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Decided to play some Top Gun matches before bed to use up my health packs and let them replenish while I slept.

Was on 39 wins, going for #40 against a team with Grocket on it. Had the first 2 dead and was about to finish them off when they placed an atomic bomb tile and immediately matched it killing everyone. Fortunately a win doesn't require any of your characters to live, only that all your oppents die. 

I just started laughing, figuring that was a great way to end the night. 

I also got 2 Bagmans yesterday, one from Top Gun, and 1 from Sakaar Arena.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Elite token from DDQ today gave me a 2* Daken cover, which gave me an Heroic token, which gave me Rogue's 12th cover for an ideal 4/4/4 build, and a bonus Kate Bishop.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mirror matching a Grockmoradusa team. Used Hair Meddle, missed every enemy strike tile, and matched enemy Entanglement tile (dang it!). The attack tiles spawned on tiles I’d just swapped, so I immediately stole both of them. Not the greatest best moment, but I smiled.
    Oh, also somehow still being in top ten overall in EotS, despite missing final 3 clears on 2 hard missions and not fully clearing all the trivials. Don’t know if that’ll hold to the end of the week, but it’s a nice place to be in.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With progression G4mora covers I was able to champ her and buy a champ level.

On the flip side, I'm now officially ISO-poor again for the first time in I can't remember how long. That is, my remaining ISO stash has shrinked down to a point where I can't immediately champion a 4* anymore.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To get two 5* covers (Gambit & Daredevil) out of eight legendary tokens.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Last night. When I got to play a sub that ended at 10 pm, and then could run through the opening of the next with a 15 minute break between and still make it to bed well before midnight.

And tonight. When I'll get to do that again.

I'm just gonna go ahead and post for tomorrow too since there is going to be nothing better, not even champing 3 new characters this week, than this for me in all of MPQ Universe.
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Finishing where I wanted to be (40 wins) in the Falcon PVP early enough to not worry about it when I tackle the Wolverine event after work :)
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where'd the "fun teams" thread go?

Anyway, I gotta say, in this run of EotS, I've been having a blast running any of the following:

Gamora / Cage / Bullseye (wave nodes melt)
    Gamora / Cage / Strange (ninjas fall to flames while I laugh at caltrops)
    Gamora / Cage / 5* DD (double dipping on damage when Gamora stuns)

So short version: Gamora + Cage rock.