Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

As Eye for an Eye was Winding down, I realized I was sitting at 35 wins, so I decided to break shield and club a seal in the very last minute. The token I got for that win yielded a red Rogue cover, which was sorely needed. She's at 2/5/4 now and my 3* Gambit is at level 182, so I should get Another green very soon.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Opened my season 10 pack got a Sandman purple, C&D champ level, C4ge champ level and Moon Knight bonus hero black, all useable! Cherry on top was a 3* Gambit champ level to get him heading towards that Rogue green! That made up for the 34 elites that gave me zero 3*.

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Getting the 1000HP reward from the Taco Vault with my 7th token. Woot!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Snagged 9th place in Eye For An Eye in slice 5 of SCL 8. Was great to get the CP, covers and tokens! 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my queue completely cleared for the first time since, idk, probably back when I was still scared of Yelena because I hadn't figured out that it was the Muscles in her nodes in the prologue that made those fights hard.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Got the first duplicate cover for my maxchamped Mohawk Storm from a token.

Then I thought about it and realized that between Venom Bomb placement rewards, Enemy of the State progression rewards and champion rewards from the 2* Storm I am about to restart I should have her up to 13 covers in no time at all.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Fooling around in Shield Sim with assorted trick teams for fun... 

Took BSSM/Carol /vulture against enemy team of Thanos/Carol/Grocket. They get in an early cascade and drop a Thanos green that can't be matched and I can't get enough ap to stun Thanos.

I managed to down Carol and Grocket. Thanos has 60k+ health left.

BOOM EVERYONE DIES. 

Except vulture, flapping around in the sky. At some point I'd collected a bunch of black, so vulture kept landing, looking at that 60k Thanos like "nope", then flapping off again, firing his green and blue. Had to stop a couple of times to get more black, but finally my tiny vulture finished off Thanos with just 2k health left.

Go flappy bird go! :) 
    After reading a tip on Reddit, rather than wasting the Iso to skip the champion team of Medusa, Gamora, & R4G, I sent in my partially covered Thing, XFDP, & Vulture, and to my amusement I actually won. Thing and XFDP died halfway through the match, but my partially covered (1/5/2) level 172 Vulture survived to take out the entire enemy team on his own. I healed Vulture, rezzed Thing, switched out XFDP for my fully covered 3* Gambit, and sent them in against another champed Medusa, Gamora, & R4G team. Vulture watched from above as first Thing died, then Gambit died, but several turns later he was picking through the bodies...looking for eyeballs, I guess. Third match was not so successful, I didn't get the Black or Green, and Vulture died before he could work his magic.

My Cloak & Dagger, and Wasp, are both 1 cover away from being fully covered, and having used them boosted I'm keen to add them to my stable of champions. With Vulture at 1/5/2, I need 5 more covers (assuming RNGesus smiles upon me) before I can Champion him. I still really, really want to set him as my BH.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Opened an Heroic token, randomly got a 3*. Gambit. Cool, just champed him yesterday. Get a Legendary token for 167. Open it, bam! 5* Gambit red.  I think I prefer it to a black, only the damage goes up, and I like grabbing all that charged energy laying about. Being able to play with 5* essentials seems to be, well, essential. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Decided to have a go at a 10-pack in the Thor Odinson vault.

(urgh i can't seem to upload the image from tinypic. Anyway I got the Thor token, the Antman cover that was in my vault to put him at lv272, and all three 3* Thor covers.)

And that Thor token got me 5trange Purple to put him at 2/1/0. Best 1800HP I ever spent.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Vicious Cycle event, the AI Ghost Rider casts Penance Stare at 100% on my Ghost Rider, doing about 7000 pts of damage. (Way better than hitting my Riri, who had done upwards of 30K this match)

Next turn, My Ghost Rider returns the favor, at 200%, and takes him out with 21000 pts of damage.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I realised Hulkbuster has just stealthed his way to 13 covers (with no wasted covers, I believe), and thats with IM40 at level 221, so about to deliver me the 14th cover on a platter
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today began the first run of Enemy of the State since I brought my Quake to 5/5/2 Lv250.  After literally years of annoyance, it was immensely satisfying watching Kishu flail helplessly, particularly in the 5* essential, as my Daredevil only has one cover and that might have been challenging otherwise.  Having 4Cage boosted (mine is also 5/5/2 Lv250) only sweetened the moment.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Vicious Cycle event, the AI Ghost Rider casts Penance Stare at 100% on my Ghost Rider, doing about 7000 pts of damage. (Way better than hitting my Riri, who had done upwards of 30K this match)

Next turn, My Ghost Rider returns the favor, at 200%, and takes him out with 21000 pts of damage.
    Seriously, that event is mis-named. It should be called Staring Contest.

Best moment: Dropping down to SCL6 for EotS. Cuts my clearing time down to less than half, thanks to not having to deal with the 5* node. Totally worth it for weeks like this, where there's no slice that will consistently work for me through the whole event.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I max progressed the SHIELD Simulator in PVP, which was something I could never do under the old system. 26 more overall wins until I max progress the season rewards, which will be another first!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Champ Rogue during her boost week so far has been great! 
    As others have mentioned, her Power Siphon avoids the self-harm if it downs the final enemy. 
    It's a very good list of boosted characters for my roster, hope you guys find the same efficiency.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Pulling the Sakaar Arena hoard and finally getting that elusive BH Icemean purple. He's sitting at 2/4/1 now, getting close to the Crash of the Titans range. Hoping to have him max-covered in a couple of months!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    @DarthDeVo we continue to be roster-twins. I just champed Lockjaw today, number 31, and have Rogue with 10 covers and Nightcrawler with 5, I think. All the other Latests are champed already, and a pleasing number of Vintage 4*s have 9+ covers.

@TheHungryPet I beat Jean last time around with a woefully under-covered Iceman (0/3/1, if I remember rightly), so you should manage just fine.