Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's Riri boost week again! :smiley:

More specifically, a cascade into a ton of blue on turn 1 let me win the fourth clear of A Rocket and a Hard Place on turn 2.
    Topped it on my final clears today: An even better cascade led to a 1-turn win on A Tree Groots in New York. I love Riri so much <3
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fighting 4hor, Iron Man 40 and Gwenpool in the latest Arena fight, the AI's Gwenpool cast 1337 mode with her Sploits.  It didn't change my text, though.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made Yondu my Bonus hero, pulled until I got a black cover, Champed him to 272, sold some 2*s and won some Sakaar LRs for the extra to Champ Rogue to 273. Only had to sacrifice an OML red along the way while still getting useful covers for several other Epics. And this also leaves my unChamped Legendaries at Spider Gwen (3/5/5, lv 150 and waiting for an extra cover), and Nightcrawler (1/4/3 due to Halloween Vault, lv 152, and ready for the next Season Update). It feels really nice to have only 2 Legendaries waiting on covers and ISO. Heck with it. Set Gwen to 180 so I know I can Champ her once I’m just over 300,000 ISO.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Steamrolling through PVP with either boosted Riri or C&D and HoboFist. Nonstop smack attack!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got a free 3* Deadpool thanks to @lucifer 's post.

That brought him to 239 for a Legendary token. Normally I'd just add it to the hoard, but this one felt special so I decided to crack it now.

Spider-Gwen red! She'd been stuck at 5/2/4 for months so it feels really good to finally have at 3 of each cover.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Woo boy. So the sum total of my participation in PVE this week was to get far enough in the last sub of Rocket and Groot to get the 1 event token from the required 5* pin. For this I was rewarded THREE 4* heroes. The first from the event token itself, which netted me a X-23 cover. Then I got a single Thanos cover for placement, which via champion level became a Legendary token. Then a bonus hero popped up, so add to my haul a Drax and Rogue cover.

Not bad for 10 minutes of play.

I also got another 4* and bonus Rogue cover today from a random heroic token, but that doesn't really fit into this story, other than being part of my luckiest day ever.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Decided to get a 10x pack from the Vault of Horrors after mulling it over since the vault debuted. I pulled Nightcrawler, Ghost Rider, the 5000 ISO, and a Heroic token that ended up giving me a Mockingbird cover. The Mockingbird cover was purple when I was already at 3/3/5 on her, but I decided to use my CP and ISO to champ her.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After redeeming tokens for two weeks and getting nothing but yellow bonus covers for my 3/5/4 Rocket & Groot, I sold the first yellow Saturday afternoon before it could expire. I was a little happier to see how the Thor PvP event worked so I started doing it when it was up and being in a good bracket was racking up the Heroic tokens, which I was promptly redeeming as soon as I got them. All I got were more 2 & 3 star covers though, no 4-stars.

At 3pm I started the Cyclops PvP event, did all the feeder nodes, and found myself with a Cyclops token, so I redeemed it, and got a green Iceman. As he was at 1/5/1 I was pretty happy with a green cover for him. Then the bonus cover popped up, and it was also green! I immediately trained/fully covered R4G, champed him, then leveled him up twice more with the two yellow covers I had on the vine.

When I started doing the Venom Bomb nodes with a champed & boosted St4r-Lord and a newly champed R4G, it was almost like easy mode. Admittedly I'm only doing SCL8 (roster still isn't good enough for SCL9) but even the 5-star node with a barely covered Spiderman (2/1/0) wasn't terribly difficult.

R4G is only my 17th 5-star champion, but with him now fully covered I feel like I've finally made the transition to the 4-star game. Before I would have said I was still making the transition, but now? Now I feel like I'm finally there.

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    13th cover for my C&D! Now able to champion R&G, Elektra and C&D! (when putting iso to them)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    When I started doing the Venom Bomb nodes with a champed & boosted St4r-Lord and a newly champed R4G, it was almost like easy mode. Admittedly I'm only doing SCL8 (roster still isn't good enough for SCL9) but even the 5-star node with a barely covered Spiderman (2/1/0) wasn't terribly difficult.

R4G is only my 17th 5-star champion, but with him now fully covered I feel like I've finally made the transition to the 4-star game. Before I would have said I was still making the transition, but now? Now I feel like I'm finally there.

Just wait until they're boosted for a week/event. And make Medusa your third when you can (if you have her) to double dip on those strikes.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    In the past 24 hours I've pulled six 5* covers in seven pulls.

LT - 5* Gambit (Red)
    LT - 5* Spidey (Red) with a bonus hero 5* Hawkeye (Blue)
    LT - 5* Spidey (Red)
    20CP - Black Bolt (Green)

UPDATE: Just pulled another LT and got 5* Daredevil (Purple.)

My 3* characters are mainly in the lvl 220-240 range right now so I'm getting LTs left and right from champ rewards, but this run is insane.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed, boosted Riri. I probably should be playing SCL8 this time around. At SCL 7, she could literally solo this event on like 3-4 health packs per sub. Just destroying Symbiotes and Dark Avengers left right and center.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I almost never get 5*s when I pull from the Latest vault. I don't like to hoard so I decided to spend 100-150 CP to try to trigger a BH (Rogue or 5ambit). I got a 5ambit on my first & only pull!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was playing Venom Bomb mostly because it's the first time my 5pidey has been boosted since I championed him and I wanted to see how he'd play. The progression Cyclops cover wasn't gonna be useful, because he was 5/4/3, but there was a yellow in the vault, and who knows?

The Venom Bomb token for the 5pidey essential node in sub 2 struck lucky, and I'm now the proud owner of a 5/5/3 Cyclops.

Question is, do I try to save the 300k'ish Iso I would need to champion him and save the progression cover, or focus on Yondu or Lockjaw instead? I'm leaning towards the latter because boosted draw odds will mean more champion rewards for those two, but it's a nice dilemma to have.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Getting that much needed blue Peggy cover in Eye for an Eye bringing her to 5/5/2. No wasted cover so far which is amazing and should I have one dying on the vine in the near future, I'll gladly cough up the 120cp to champ her.

Got one red cover before she rotated out of the 12 4* during vaulting, then BH covers gave 4 red, 5 yellow and one blue. Can't wait to get her champed soon!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opening a classic, thinking, meh, yet another useless Fury. Lo and behold a much wanted yellow R&GII, taking him to 13 covers. Now on to champing him and Gamora.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks! Who do you pair them up with? Strang3 if facing spammers I guess.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    qandols said:
    Thanks! Who do you pair them up with? Strang3 if facing spammers I guess.
      I pair them with Medusa as my go to team in simulator, great combo!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed R&G4 + 1 cover