Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Similarly fun is when I haven't been paying attention to my AP and I fire Bolt's green, expecting Careless Whisper, but then he goes all George of the Jungle instead of George Michael. Had that happen twice today :smiley: 

I've been matching him with Coulson and boosted Cap in the 5 star nodes, and after a couple of turns the AP gain really ramps up! I've had it happen up to three times in one match!
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Took 7th place in The Hunt in CL9. Best finish ever in a new release event, 3 Nightcrawler covers and a shiny LT!!! Good times!!!
    I was super pleased to get 10th at SCL9 for the first time with this event. Amusing, because I got super busy and actually missed the first two days of it before apparently getting super lucky in my bracket.

*man, I am being super repetitive today.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options

I opened 172 LT yesterday and used 2.600 CP to cover SM (lvl 459), DD (lvl 452 when i'll find iso) and Gambit lvl 435 (450 when i'll find how contact Customer service to swap a cover).

And 5 Thanos as 5* BH.

It was a great day ^^!

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was fighting a Thanos team in The Devil You Know. Things were going well and I was one turn away from winning when suddenly Thanos used a Whales teamup. My Nightcrawler was badly damaged, so I swore a bit to myself as he would get KOed and then I would have to eat a Court Death - I could easily survive it and win anyway, but losing that much HP on a fluke would not be fun.

...and then nothing happened and I noticed Nightcrawler was Airborne. Then I remembered the passive aspect of his Purple Power and started to smile. Best part is that my Nightcrawler doesn't have any Purple covers yet, so if I hadn't been using the loaner I might have lost...

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't decided if this is a Best or Worst moment yet. Cracked my hoard last night, hoping for 5pidey and Gambit covers. So of course Daredevil goes to 2/7/4 (hopefully 4/5/4 with help from CS). It's not that I'm opposed to Mr. Murdock, just really had my heart set on 5pidey, who went from 0/2/0 to 2/5/0. Gambit sits at 1/0/3. 
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a weird one, had 3 Nightcrawler & Friends tokens last night. Looked at the vault and saw Invisible Woman. I started humming "American Woman" from Lenny Kravitz in my head (with updated lyrics, of course - Invisible Woman). First token 2* Daken. No worries, I start humming again and sure enough I get Invisible Woman blue cover with my 4th overall token from this vault. It felt surreal and I know humming this song is completely unrelated to getting the cover but it felt really awesome in a supernatural way. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I champed Rogue. 'nuff said.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opened a classic and got 5* Strange yellow (7th cover) with a bonus 5* Cap yellow (first cover). Now Gambit is the only 5* I'm missing, until the arrival of the one we're all supposed to pretend we don't know about.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a weird one, had 3 Nightcrawler & Friends tokens last night. Looked at the vault and saw Invisible Woman. I started humming "American Woman" from Lenny Kravitz in my head (with updated lyrics, of course - Invisible Woman). First token 2* Daken. No worries, I start humming again and sure enough I get Invisible Woman blue cover with my 4th overall token from this vault. It felt surreal and I know humming this song is completely unrelated to getting the cover but it felt really awesome in a supernatural way. 
    Huh, must've been reverse psychology. 

"Invisible Woman, get away from me..."
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mindlessly opening a Heroic token with zero expectations and getting my first ever black Vulture cover! 1/4/1 looks much better than 0/4/1. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Got the Rogue cover from the SHIELD Simulator, which allowed me to bump up Rogue to 209 and play the last two SHIELD training nodes. The Nightcrawler cover also allowed to level him to 168 and play the fourth solo mission, so I am pretty much done with the SHIELD training for this time.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In today's Crash, the turn after I got the AP to fire Surgical Stike, Cyclops lost the will to live and fired Mutant Revolutionary.
    Heh.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    In today's Crash, the turn after I got the AP to fire Surgical Stike, Cyclops lost the will to live and fired Mutant Revolutionary.
    Heh.

He probably just decided to moon you.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cracked some classic legends to get 1 more rogue to open up 2 more fights in the SHIELD Training. Along the way I finally got a Purple Strange to make him 4/1/4. Still bad balance, but sure beats being 4/0/4.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Running Wasp/Carol in Dr.'s Orders. I fired Wasp's yellow really early on, and got a Protect down in the corner. Other tiles came and went, but that one stayed around, and was usually a Protect, because I tend to wait until I can double-fire her yellow so I keep more Strikes out. Anyhow, nearly the last thing to happen was the opponent's Doom firing Diabolical Plot. Seven or eight tiles flash, and at that level, he should have been doing somewhere above 1K each. Result: 1 damage. That Protect tile had got built up to well in the 5 digit range.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Running Wasp/Carol in Dr.'s Orders. I fired Wasp's yellow really early on, and got a Protect down in the corner. Other tiles came and went, but that one stayed around, and was usually a Protect, because I tend to wait until I can double-fire her yellow so I keep more Strikes out. Anyhow, nearly the last thing to happen was the opponent's Doom firing Diabolical Plot. Seven or eight tiles flash, and at that level, he should have been doing somewhere above 1K each. Result: 1 damage. That Protect tile had got built up to well in the 5 digit range.
    Nice! I tend to flip a sole Protect tile to a Strike tile so I can do more damage and finish off my opponent faster, forgetting that while a boosted Protect tile may draw out the fight, it can my bacon and save my Health Kits.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's Riri boost week again! :smiley:

More specifically, a cascade into a ton of blue on turn 1 let me win the fourth clear of A Rocket and a Hard Place on turn 2.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aaaaand with my very last token for Nightcrawler and Friends I pulled Nightcrawler out of the vault so he goes to seven covers. It was nice to see because nearly every other pull had given me a 2*.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After getting 15 2*s and just 1 3* from 16 pulls of Nightcrawler &friends, I finally got a Red Rogue to bring her to 3/2/3.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sub 1 reward token from Meet R&G gave me a champ level for X-23, which gave me a legendary token, which gave me a Gambit cover, which was black. I now have every 2*+ character for the first time. Not for long, but still.

The progression cover let me champ Yondu, so I have 29/58 4*s champed. Halfway there. For now.