Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Normally, I struggle to hit my 10 pack for PVP with only a few days to spare in the season. This season, I'm doubling my PVP scores, 400 to 500 per round. I hit the 4K progression last night and my pack had...

4Thor yellow - so happy about that one, she's still not even remotely usable with the few covers I have, but I had her in my roster already so win-win.

KK green - much needed and put her into my current upper ranks, almost complete
    GSBW pink - all I needed to finish her to 5/5/3 (not ideal, but better than I had)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Playing from bed today because I got laid off yesterday icon_lol.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) hearing that the pvp scoring changes are not currently under consideration for further tweaking
    2) hearing that some sort of **** aspect for ddq (or something similar) is being considered
    3) getting my 5th yellow on cage and bringing him up to join my ~25 characters at 104
    4) not getting hit in the current pvp for quite some time now (don't expect this one to hold up long)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my first prof x yellow from an iso8 token after a long stretch of 2*s. Now my professor is no longer a 2-power character like yelena!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was able to get two tacos each on both PC and mobile today. Mobile roster doesn't have a large 3* contingent, so more often than not mobile gets one taco. PC is only missing, like two 3* (maybe 3), so it gets two tacos most days.

Of course, MOST most days, all three (or four) tacos yield 2* rewards.

Tuesday's daily login for mobile was a Hood cover, but with only 175 HP, it wasn't likely to get rostered unless I got HP from a taco. Today's first taco: 250 HP. Welcome to the team, Hood. The other was a 2* I didn't need, sadly, but the 250 HP was timely.

PC doesn't need the Groot cover in today's DDQ, but the ISO is needed for trainings. And, y'know, tacos. So I do the two taco missions in DDQ. First one...ooh, gold cover. Wonder what I got!

1000 HP.

Maybe I should push to get to the last progression in the PVE after all so IM45 can be a placeholder?
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Options
    Something for the math geniuses out there:

Playing just prior to PvE sub end, I get a yellowtile.png drop match-7 (!). Playing again the next morning in the new sub, I get another drop match-7, this time purpletile.png . Both instances were from match-4 column clears with the replacement column dropping a match-7.

Can anybody calculate the odds of this happening?
  • DFiPL
    Options
    d0nk3y wrote:

Playing just prior to PvE sub end, I get a yellowtile.png drop match-7 (!). Playing again the next morning in the new sub, I get another drop match-7, this time purpletile.png . Both instances were from match-4 column clears with the replacement column dropping a match-7.

I'm not a math genius, but drawing on my dimly remembered statistics from ye olden 20th century days, the odds of any given color dropping into the top row is going to be 1/7. Six colors + team-up. From that, we can deduce that the odds of two tiles of the same color landing next to each other is 1/7 * 1/7, or 1/49. So for 7 tiles in a row, you get 1/823543. That's for any given play having that outcome.

I can't math well enough to figure out what the odds are of having it happen on consecutive days, because that would probably need additional info. Average number of plays per game, number of games played between occurrences....

Assuming I did the math right, though - and that's never a safe assumption - the odds of having it happen on any given play are about 30% worse than the odds of winning $10,000 from the Powerball.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing from bed today because I got laid off yesterday icon_lol.gificon_e_sad.gif
    Oh man, good that you get to play a lot now, but bummer for being laid off. Hope all turns out well for you Mango!
    d0nk3y wrote:

"the chances ... are 22,079,460,347 to one against. Strangely, this is also the telephone number of an Islington flat where Arthur Dent went to a fancy dress party, and met a very nice young woman whom he totally blew it with."
  • Unknown
    Options
    d0nk3y wrote:

7 cells the same:
    1 / 7^6
    In a column, the middle 6 must match, 1/7^5, then you have a 13/49 chance of either end matching for the match 7.
    13/7^7, or about 1 in 63349 or about 0.000015785 chance that a column clear immediately leads to a vertical match 7 or better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Oh man, good that you get to play a lot now, but bummer for being laid off. Hope all turns out well for you Mango!

Thanks bro, all good though I hated it there anyway. Truth be told I had more time to play there then I did at home. icon_lol.gif

My positive today is waking up seeing ninjas, realizing I have Rocket fully covered and skipping ninjas. icon_cool.gif

Feelsgoodman.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Surviving DDQ's BE to bring my R & G to 2/0/1 thanks to the deep cleaning ninja-foiling power of 2hor yellowflag.png to cStorm greenflag.png .

Had no eattack.png from Wave 2 onward! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    That moment when with one minute left in CoverSquirrel I finished a match for ~30 points to secure T5 for three Blade covers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) realizing that even though i joined brotherhood very late, I'm still going to end up t150 and get the cmags cover which is definitely usable for me. was in the 140s before my last clear (clear #5) and now 117. very relieved there.
    2) snuck into t25 to add blade green which is very needed (my 3rd there) after breaking shield with 8 minutes left and was not attacked.
    3) finished ddq first try with the ninjas to finish my grocket at 5/3/5.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    I groused in the worst-moment thread that it looked like my ability to hit 600'ish points in PVP had evaporated.

Ended up being a case of the first three fights not being representative of what lay in wait, and I finished with 628 points. I had crossed over 700 and was trying to get to 725 for the additional HP, but it ended up being in the final hour and I found myself getting hit for -70 every time I won a fight for 30 or so. Then somehow it jumped me from about 30th to 14th so I went ahead and shielded, finished 17th, got two Blade covers to bring him to 4/4/4.

514 points from a 10-pack, which would be only my second ever; I earned one like a year ago but I'm not quite sure how because that was at the point where I'd play to 300 for the token and then just let the rest of the event alone and not shield ever. Not sure how I managed to maintain 4000 for the season that way, unless the Heroic 10-pack used to be attainable at a much lower level.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loki, 3Thor, Hulk, vs lvl 210 Hood/Juggernaut/Venom node on Saudi Arabia VI... this one i wish i could have recorded..

Hood is who i take out first, as always, he did get a twin pistol off on hulk, so i got a nice bomb.. switch to juggs to Storm with Thor.. more head butts and a devour, hulk is down.. get juggs to 8 hp.. he headbutts Thor killing himself and Thor.. this leaves tiny loki and his 3300 hp against 7800hp left venom.. i thought i had lost for sure, thank you for 10 health packs...

but wait.. they had a Coercive Field team up they had been saving! Boom...

2 casts later, i have strike tiles everywhere...doing 500 or so per tile match.. omg i might win this..

Mischief goes off quite a bit, i keep setting venom up with 4 matches on colors he doesn't need, and he takes the bait. i collect team ups while whittling away..

Bullseye team up gets it done.. 2 crit tiles making a nice 6 match green and the board just exploded, cascaded into another crit and down goes Venom

Loki is THE MAN!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Best MPQ moment of the day is being un-banned on these forums after 3 weeks.

RE: MPQ-the game
    The litany of changes and nerfs over the last 3 months combined with being banned here is a great way to chase your customers away. So, the game itself sucks now and I don't bother with it anymore.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A Deadpool Daily taco dropped me a needed Daredevil cover this morning! He's almost fully covered now.

But the real fun was the Groot yellow in my inventory from yesterday...

Today was the first day where the possibility of respec'ing any of my 3* chars to ideal builds was anything more than a theory. I had to weigh the pros and cons of Groot's yellow over his green. It was fun.

I decided that 3 yellow for me was better than 4, and sold it for ISO. If his yellow activated at a higher threshold, it would have been a harder decision. I find that 25% is too likely to get him one hit KO'd without activating.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    This was from April, but it was one of my favorite moments. I posted it to the wikia originally.

I was falling asleep while playing through the DPD missions. I knew I was too tired to attempt Big Enchilada and my favorite Big Enchilada characters were healing. I decided to do Big Enchilada after sleeping. I was going to play DP level 3 and retire. Last thing I remembered was the middle of Level 3.

Then I awoke perhaps a few minutes later and I'm at the end of Wave 1 of Big Enchilada! What the heck happened? I was sleep playing somehow. My unplanned team is ** Wolverine, ** Ms. Marvel, and (at the time) Lv 112 *** Hulk with no boosts. I've never passed Big Enchilada with ** characters before and I've never played with this combination of characters. It's a terrible combination since they all use red and there is no magenta/blue coverage. Both Wolverine and Ms. Marvel had damage from playing Level 2+3. I'm in bad shape.

Usually when I fall asleep at the computer or mobile device, I hit a few buttons by mistake and have never been able to do something as complicated as selecting a character and starting a level.

I assumed with the YOLO planning, this match was going to get all characters downed. I almost aborted. But decided just to go with it. I collected as many useful colors as possible. Wolverine was downed during Wave 2. Things are grim, but I turned to Ms. Marvel's Strategic Command. She was able to create critical tiles when needed. I would put Hulk out in front with useless blue matches as green was lacking.

Wave 3 was a mess as I didn't have as much color as I should. Maggia was able to put out strike tiles. But I was able to collect 16 yellow which let me do double Strategic Commands. That cascade let me collect some enough green and red for Hulk. Wave 4 let me get lucky with more cascades. I can't believe I won.

I did other experiments with DPD after this including Prof X + 2* Ms Marvel. I would get to Wave 4 with everyone down except Prof X. I turn him invisible and was able to grind it out. It took a long time since no Match 5's appeared and I was against Falcon who executed Bird Strike 4 times! I was aiming to collect the purple for myself.

But probably the coolest moment I had the last few weeks was when I started a mid-hard level with Prof X and was able to do Match 5's and further cascades Match 5's. Defeated the entire enemy team without them taking a move.
    I had to weigh the pros and cons of Groot's yellow over his green. It was fun.

I decided that 3 yellow for me was better than 4, and sold it for ISO. If his yellow activated at a higher threshold, it would have been a harder decision. I find that 25% is too likely to get him one hit KO'd without activating.

I now have two capped 3/5/5 Groots thanks to yesterday. I might re-spec one to 4/4/5 or 5/3/5 just for fun, but triggering yellow only happens one out of four times when needed I estimate. And versus Classic Magneto/Storm, they will destroy the team up tiles. If I only had one, I'd keep it 3/5/5 because the threshold does not increase even at 5 yellow. Groot+3* Storm is essential for me playing large ninja waves with Groot blue+Storm black combo. I use to have a second Storm and regret selling her. Although with 10 health packs, it will be okay.

It's a real good feeling when you're able to respec a character because they are already complete, but you get to tweak and customize now. Although I do think covers should be color ambiguous so you can customize from the start and not be upset from pulling 0/0/6 Invisible Woman over eight months.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    With my Heroic 10 pack (first in at least a year) so close I could taste it, I went into the Spidey PVP to see if I could earn the 300 or so I needed for said 10 pack. Apparently joined too soon, because I hadn't even gotten 100 points yet when I was already top 50, so I backed out and went into the end of Blade (which I had hoped to avoid).

Of the five fights I did, three or four gave me double the advertised points, leading me to hit 300 for the Blade token and 4000 for the season at the same time.

Blade token yielded my 4th icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png

The Heroic 10-pack didn't have much for me, sadly, but it did have a icon_blackwidow.pngredflag.png so it wasn't a total loss.

Also feel like I can't complain about that too much because the points I earned to get that far got me a whole bunch of other covers from placement, so.

Two 3* for about 15 minutes' work? I'll take it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opening up the hardest node in PvE, and NOT seeing it start at lv330