Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Opened a bunch of tacos today...pretty awesome results.

3x 250 imcoin.png (all in a row too!)
    1x 1000 imcoin.png
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Today I got my 5th Blue SW cover, putting her at 5/3/5. She is now my 4th cover maxed character. Still only level 130, but don't have the Iso to max level her. Currently Groot is my only 166 level character, and I want to respec him with a yellow if I can get one from current PVP.

Chase the placement rewards in the Bullseye PVP at all? T100 reward is a yellow Groot.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Also yesterday night/this morning was a reasonably good day for me. Got the progression Panther yellowflag.png from the Juggernaut Heroic, his blackflag.png from one of today's tacos, and I got a She-Hulk greenflag.png from a standard token. All usable. Good times.
  • djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yesterday I opened up a taco token and got 250 hero points (first time ever receiving HP from a token). I open up my next taco token a couple of minutes later and I get another 250 hero points! I thought my luck was done but when I opened up a taco token from today.........BAM!!! 1,000 hero points!!! My peers are noticing a bit of swagger in my walk and I don't even care! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Noticed from the Daily Reward tracker that I have 50 HP coming up. I needed another 50 from somewhere to ensure I can roster Invisible Woman before her cover expires. Went into the Bullseye PVP hoping to hit 575 so I'd be assured of that.

Earned some HP for season progression and also for event progression, 75 between the two.

Was just a few points short of the third event token progression when somebody hit me, so I went ahead and cut my losses and used the 75 HP I had earned to shield. I mean, I don't need the green or yellow Groot covers, since mine is 4/5/4 and I'm thinking about a 3/5/5 build. But it means I (probably) won't fall far enough to drop out of the top 50, so there's the 50 HP I went in looking for to pair with the 50 HP I have coming up.

Also got a Heroic token for season progression to go along with the two event tokens for my third straight time reaching 650.

Heroic: icon_quicksilver.pngblueflag.png
    Stay On Target #1: icon_wolverine.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.png
    Stay On Target #2: icon_rocket.pngyellowflag.png

Not counting Ultron, it's been a while since I've had that many gold covers from event/heroic tokens, so I went ahead and opened some standards.

icon_bullseye.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.png

As much as I like Rocket's heals, I can't see going to a 5th cover in the yellow, and may pull back to 3 if I get another blue (undecided), but the other three were gladly accepted.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Event token for top 300 finish in Peru yields icon_captainamerica.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngblueflag.png

what is even happening right now
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thought I posted this the other day (been in a bit of an MPQ good news dry spell)?

Finally broke my 100+ token dry spell with a icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png . He's now at 0/1/2. Getting there. icon_neutral.gif

I also made it through a run of DDQ's BE without crashing yesterday to get my icon_vision.pngyellowflag.png after all but giving up. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Taco from DDQ yields 250 HP, allowing me to roster Invisible Woman. ISO-8 event token from progression yields icon_spiderman.pngpurpleflag.png

just gonna ride this wave while it lasts
  • Unknown
    Options
    Getting nothing with 40 or so standard and heroic tokens, opened 4 old event tokens:
    1-4*
    3-3*

True, I could only use 2 of them, but it was still amazing to get gold every single time!
  • DFiPL
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Getting nothing with 40 or so standard and heroic tokens, opened 4 old event tokens:
    1-4*
    3-3*

True, I could only use 2 of them, but it was still amazing to get gold every single time!

I earned two event tokens from the Rocket/Groot PVP. The first one was a 2*, but the 2nd got back on track with the "gold every single time" with a icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png

I think this makes 5 of the last six non-standard tokens to give me gold.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a stupid ritual related to MPQ that involves brightly colored straws. I am a habitual straw-chomper, and always get a fresh one before opening tokens for the day. I'll select a straw based on a cover I hope to get, and tell my cat what I selected and why (I'm sure she's quite interested). Tonight, I said "Let's go with blue, Mango, just like the Scarlet Witch cover I plan to open tonight." Lo and behold, a blueflag.pngicon_scarletwitch.png crawled out of a taco token, covered in sour cream, shredded cheese, and hot sauce! You can't beat that.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Sunrise woke me up at 5:30 (I'm probably going back to bed soon), so I went ahead and did DDQ on mobile. Now, I've gotten gold from two tacos in the same day before (not recently but it has happened), but this was a new one on me: not only did mobile pull gold from both tacos, but each was a previously uncovered power for the same character.

Quicksilver'd had two blueflag.png covers on mobile, and got greenflag.png from one taco and blackflag.png from the other.

I think that's probably the third best outcome I could have had behind only a pair of HP-filled tacos and a pair of Magneto covers. Mobile has none of the other three characters, nor the HP to roster one of them had they been pulled, but does have both Quicksilver and Magneto.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    So I started the Groot PVP the other day, played up to about 100 points or so before, as I mentioned in another thread, the Bullseye PVP let me back in.

Went back to Groot, played up to 820 or so, my first time ever past 700, never mind 800. Kept trying to get 850 and kept getting attacked as I was winning the fight I needed to win, so I figured that was a message and left it alone. Went to a friend's house, built Lego with his daughter, came home to discover I'd been knocked down from 820 to around 600. Fought my way back up to 815 or so, tried again to hit 850, again with the people attacking just as I would have won the fight I needed. The shard ended at like 7am local time, and there was no way in hell I was staying up that late, but I was ranked #1 at the time. Figured zero chance I STAY #1, because I don't shield hop, and I had noticed at least one other player who was hopping. Went, well, if I buy an 8 hour shield, that should keep me in the top 25 for two covers, and MIGHT keep me top 5 for all three covers. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother with an 8 because of the expense, but sitting at #1 and having the potential to finish top 5 for three needed covers and 100 HP (for a net cost of 50 HP) broke me down. If I had been 4th or 5th at the time, I would probably have forced myself to stay up until around 4 or so so I could get by with a 3h shield and aim for a two-cover reward.

But at #1, I allowed myself to believe top 5 was a possibility worth chasing.

Just logged in to MPQ for the first time since doing the DDQ when the sun woke me up this morning. Finished 2nd, so I only fell one spot from where I shielded. Spent a net 50 HP to take my Squirrel Girl from four covers to seven. Worth it.

Same rationale as I've been using when I buy a 3h shield ('cept I'm usually a bit better about picking a shard that ends when I'm still awake so I can stick to the cheaper 3h shields), just with slightly greater rewards than I've been getting (had a couple T25 finishes in previous Season XV events).

As far as I can remember, it's my first top 5 finish. I might have gotten one from a total newb bracket the first time I played PVP, I don't know, but if I did, it didn't make an impact on me.

Seriously, this PVP season has been fun so far in a way that none of the previous seasons were. Yeah, I've spent some HP on shields, but my ability to hit progression rewards and finish placed highly enough that I earn some HP means that I'm either breaking even or coming out very slightly ahead on HP, and in the meantime I'm getting 3* covers I previously hadn't been able to get. I have no idea how long it's going to be like this, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. PVP is usually on par with a trip to the dentist for me. The last couple weeks have been more like a trip to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Playing Most Wanted PvP. This is my first time trying to break 1000 by shield hopping. In my first two hops, as I fought the last fight to 1000 pts, I get attacked and drop back to almost where I started my climb. I guess I naive thinking I can sneak into 1k with my low level team (Lv 150 Prof X, Lv 120 R&G boosted to 210, and Lv 120 3* boosted to 169 or Lv 140 Hulkbuster boosted to 172), so on my third hop I stopped with just 2 fights, ended at 997 pts.

Then 10 minutes later I get a defensive win of 7 points, boosting me over to 1k. Thanks maninblack023!
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    Oh baby, my best moment today was loosing 2 games in a row because of crazy cascades in the groot event this morning , which made my blood boil and decided to delete my whole roster....YES, a great moment to be free from the MPQ chains. After 550 days and close to 4000 played hours, good riddance finally.... Happy days ahead indeed. icon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gif
    Good luck to all.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Positive 1: I decided not to compete in ISO brotherhood as I know that I won't have time to grind. Which means I have a lot of spare time with no grinding.

Positive 2: And having completed Most Wanted pvp very early, I have a lot of "spare" time to fool around in Sims. Decided to max my SW, and boy she was fun! Enjoyed her arcane incantation and reality crush icon_e_smile.gif

Positive 3: I am glad that I can play at a pace which I'm comfortable without feeling the need to keep grinding for covers.I can do without Carnage (or any 4*) for months ahead.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.png in a row from 2 Most Wanted Tokens & 1 Season Progress token.

greenflag.pngicon_scarletwitch.png
    blueflag.pngicon_scarletwitch.png
    blueflag.pngicon_mystique.png

Dunno if it's a conspiracy but ever since I bought 2 Stark Salaries I've been getting pulls everywhere I turn. icon_lol.gif
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had amassed 13 tokens (7 standard, 1 Heroic, 2 DDQ, 1 ISO-8 Brotherhood, 2 Most Wanted) and opened 'am all after lunch...

5 golds:

yellowflag.pngicon_storm.png
    greenflag.pngicon_hulk.png
    greenflag.pngicon_ragnarok.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_bullseye.png
    yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png

all useful...now I'll go back to getting nothing...lol...
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled victory from the jaws of defeat in the final survival node in DDQ. I decided that Falcon, Captain America, and Black Panther were appropriate heroes to tap to handle the villainous scourge. As usual, I boosted +2 to all AP so that Falcon had to make only one lazy 3-blue match to start taking out countdown tiles.

Only there was no blue. Well, *one* blue, up there in the corner. Hi there, Mr. Wallflower. I got hammered the first round by multiple sniper rifles, and it wasn't until the second wave that I managed to make a *single* blue match. Only... hey, there's She-Hulk! With... 27 green. Nice. AP gets knocked down to zero, Falcon gets knocked out, El Capitan takes a hit, and Black Panther is sitting around scratching his vibranium suit, wondering how he *still* doesn't have nine yellow for a tinykitty Battleplan.

A Call the Storm team-up saves the day, and we make it to round three. Captain takes more hits, and emerges from the wave shaking and barely able to walk, at a beefy 542 HP. Panther is also rough shape, at about 2000 HP himself. They're both exhausted from hauling Falcon's corpse around. They arrive at the final gate, and HEY! there's Dr. Doom! With... 30 black and 16 purple AP. Wonderful. Luckily, Black Panther has had it up to here with this nonsense, and manages to get his panther rage revved up. Unfortunately, it's not enough to do the deed. Dr. Doom (In a rather dickish move, considering he had only one trap tile out) Diabolical Plots on Captain, taking him out, then summons demons. Black Panther is now black panter *rismshot*, and just about to keel over. However, my paltry, hopeless match-three led to an epic cascade, landing my team enough black AP to cast *another* Rage of the Pantherooni, finishing the fight. I am sure that the A.I. swirled into the void thinking "CONFIRMATION BIAS MY A**! PLAYERS CHEEATTT....ahhh... THE UNKNOWABLE ABYSS...errrg..."
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I won my Iso8 sub yesterday and got 2 tokens that resulted in 500 iso and a black Carnage cover.
    Pretty happy with that icon_e_smile.gif