Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Go into DDQ and see that the cover is Deadpool's red? Sweet. It's the last cover I need to spec out Deadpool at 3/5/5? Sweet. I intend to respec him to 5/5/3, I think, but this gets him to max covers for now. I need a couple more reds to get him to where I want to be, but at least I COULD train him to 166 if I wanted to and had the ISO. He becomes my third star.pngstar.pngstar.png to reach 13 covers.

One of the tacos from DDQ yields icon_loki.pngpurpleflag.png ? Sweet. 1/3/4 now.

Go into Spiderman with an hour and a half left to try to build on the 100 points from earlier in the week, play four fights, and get awarded about 50% more points than each node promised, taking me to token-land? Sweet.

Token yields icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png , taking him to 4/4/5 and making him my fourth fully-covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png and second in one night?

Sweeeeeet.
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Have been using a team of 3 star.png Magneto, Doctor Doom and Ares for the Prodigal sun event. I had all three badly injured and only 2 health packs left due to pvp, so decided to go for a couple of grinds on the easier goon nodes with an alternate team just to get some more points on the board. I switched to 2 star.png Hawkeye, 2 star.png Bullseye and Loki. I played the first node in the current sub (around level 30 enemies) while my team are all base level 94, boosted above that for the event. Obviously that was no trouble.

I then thought i'd go for the hardest all goon node in the sub which had three level 126 enemies. The match ended up being one of the quickest and most hilariously one sided matches i've had against fairly matched opponents. The board opened with a critical being available straight from the start, which i matched... which then caused another crit to lineup, which i matched... Which then caused a third crit to line up which i matched! Only one of the speed shots got matched by the cascade so i ended up with 11 speed shots sitting there. I do two junk matches at the top of the board to leave them unaffected and the following speed shots wiped out the entire enemy team. Three turns on a normal sub with my alternate team, can't say i've ever been presented with such perfect luck for the team i was fielding. Must have taken me about 20 seconds in total, thanks MPQ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Opening up the hardest node in PvE, and NOT seeing it start at lv330

Which one are you thinking of?
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've had some above-average luck in the last 48 hours or so.

Friday was day 310 (Invisible Woman yellow daily drop). Yesterday I pulled a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngredflag.png from my sub reward token, and then snagged a blue Beast from the Heroic token for day 311. Last night, I hit the 3000 points to get the Bullseye cover, bringing me back to having all 3* characters available. This morning, my sub reward token gave me CMags blue. Then, the day 312 HP put me at 810, unlocking the slot for the Bullseye from last night.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    while updating my spreadsheet for DDQ, discovering that Deadpool and Blade weren't my 3rd and 4th fully-covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters, but actually 4th and 5th.

My icon_wolverine.png has been chilling at 5/5/3 for a bit, apparently, and I just hadn't noticed. Gave him enough ISO love to get him up to speed with the rest of his trained 3* buddies.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loftus wrote:
    I then thought i'd go for the hardest all goon node in the sub which had three level 126 enemies. The match ended up being one of the quickest and most hilariously one sided matches i've had against fairly matched opponents. The board opened with a critical being available straight from the start, which i matched... which then caused another crit to lineup, which i matched... Which then caused a third crit to line up which i matched! Only one of the speed shots got matched by the cascade so i ended up with 11 speed shots sitting there. I do two junk matches at the top of the board to leave them unaffected and the following speed shots wiped out the entire enemy team. Three turns on a normal sub with my alternate team, can't say i've ever been presented with such perfect luck for the team i was fielding. Must have taken me about 20 seconds in total, thanks MPQ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    2* Hawkeye is a real X-factor when he's boosted. If the board works out for him, like you saw, he's absolutely lethal. I lost a PVP match against him recently where the enemy team got a double match-5 on turn 1 and littered the board with unmatchable speed shots. His boosted red isn't bad either. 2K team damage on a 2-turn countdown.

When the board doesn't work out for him, he sits there with no arrows in his quiver, waving his bow around, saying, "Hey, can I help?" and being told to go sit in the back and let the big boys fight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Found a Fury/Cyclops in the Webslinger PVP for 60+ odd points. Was messing around so I tried out Moonstone/R&G (to steal enemy spidey's annoying protect tiles).
    Predictably, they hit me back with Thor/Cyc, but only for a 13 point loss. Hey, another 64 point retal. Decided to go OBW/Sentry for an easy sentry bomb win that they would probably hit back.
    Sure enough, they did: another 13 point loss, another 60 point retal I scooped up with Ares/Loki.

This could have gone on much longer had I not had to pick up my wife from work.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    been quite on the positivity front this week. been a nice 24hrs for me. after bringing a big group up to 120 earlier in the week, I took mags and doom to 140 yesterday and made it to carnage this morning in the pvp with teams of thor/doom and mags/loki. with pvp and pve tokens sitting there I opened several tokens this morning and got 3 golds. first was doc ock from and std. was kind of a let-down after seeing gold from a std, but hey, its a std. pulled gamora. then saw a third gold and thought - bet its beast, and whatdya know got a fist and he joined my group at 120 now. good times.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a standard token give me a purple Mystique cover, making her my first cover-maxed 3-star. She's 5/5/3, so I'll want to re-spec her, but I'll take what I can get. Blade will join her the next time he makes an appearance in DDQ. Not too shabby for an admittedly-casual player. icon_e_smile.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got two golds in a row from standard tokens last night. They were spidey blueflag.png and Lcage blackflag.png
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My post sub PVE freebie token gave me a Psylocke cover. A nice freebie.

I joined a PVE alliance that is way better than I was hoping for.

I used the suggestions elsewhere in this forum for 3* teams to use on the Big Enchilada, and sailed through it without using the 2* standards. It was a fun change. I used BP, KK and Cmags. Lots of choices to dmg or protect, some great heals from KK and a green and black AOE attack with some yellow BP attack tiles.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    My post sub PVE freebie token gave me a Psylocke cover. A nice freebie.

I joined a PVE alliance that is way better than I was hoping for.

I used the suggestions elsewhere in this forum for 3* teams to use on the Big Enchilada, and sailed through it without using the 2* standards. It was a fun change. I used BP, KK and Cmags. Lots of choices to dmg or protect, some great heals from KK and a green and black AOE attack with some yellow BP attack tiles.

I intend to try a 3* team once my KK grows up some. I'm thinking KK, Groot, and...I dunno for the third. BP seems like an interesting choice, but so does Luke Cage or somebody else with an ouchy power that doesn't cost much to activate.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulling my second icon_hood.png cover from a standard token in the last 7 days. Now mine is 5/2/2 and over level 100.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just hit 7500 for the season for my first time ever! I'm pretty happy about that.

I believe that DDQ helping to strengthen my roster has helped me significantly this season and last, and the points change of course helped to push the scores up this season. My entire alliance is over 6K for the season, some way over that.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    really enjoying playing the pvp with cmags/lthor/loki. with mags boosted and loki's health boosted, that is a crazy good team and my initial push from 150 to 650 over lunch was a blast. pulled another fist purple with the 300 pt token giving me 11 covers on him, 5 purple and he joins mags/loki/doom at 140. worked like mad during LRs this week to replenish what I spent on mags and doom and didn't know what to spend it on and that made my decision pretty easy. last week I only had 3 guys above 104 and 2 above 120, now I have 16 above 104 and 5 above 120 - lots of new toys to play with icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Actually from yesterday icon_e_smile.gif Had a run of gold covers from combination of tacos, PVP award, and heroic token from my daily reward. Got a DP purpleflag.png , SW blueflag.png , and Patch yellowflag.png . I then decided to go ahead and push for the 215 points in order to reach 4k reward in PVP. I opened the 10-pack and landed three more gold covers, including Hood blackflag.png , Patch greenflag.png , and Captain Marvel blackflag.png. That's the most gold covers I've seen in a day!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This week, for the first time ever since i started playing, i need 0 covers from DDQ. Pretty proud of that!
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Didn't need today's DDQ cover because my icon_daken.png is already at five covers for his purpleflag.png

Played a match I missed in an earlier clear in the PVP, got my daily login: a heroic token.

Opened heroic token, and it's icon_daken.pngblueflag.png

He's now 5/3/5 and becomes my 6th fully covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png character.

I think I'd like to respec him to 5/5/3 eventually but that was a pretty timely heroic pull.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    wow. made it to 1000. again. 3rd time and my fury is at 1/1/1 now. never thought I'd be doing this (was a 500-700 player before, but not really shielding much). much more reasonable 450 hp spend (net 300) than the previous ones. I know I won't always have mags and loki boosted but thor is boosted next week, so hey, that's a plus (but will be for loads of people).
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed to earn my third 250 HP from a taco token! That's total of 750 HP I've earned from taco tokens to date, which while probably still behind the average(I've completed every DDQ except for one), is a nice surprise.