Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aha, the magic straws struck again! I was chomping on a green neon straw, and I turned to my cat Mango and said "Alright Mango, last token of the day. Are you ready to see a green Kamala Khan pop out of this heroic token?" She yawned, which I took to mean "Hellz yes!" Popped the token, and BAM! icon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png \o\ \o/ /o/
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened up my last ever pre-vault taco token, and got a 1000 HP megataco. That's a sweet way to make the transition.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In the Patch PVP. Both opponent and I are using 2* Storm. They hit me with Wind Storm. I have Patch in front. Entire team brought down to less than 50% health. My Storm, at only 3 covers, triggers her Raging Tempest and immediately wipes out all 3 remaining opponents.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Opened up my last ever pre-vault taco token, and got a 1000 HP megataco. That's a sweet way to make the transition.

I read your post earlier today and thought 'Wow, that's pretty cool'. Had 20 tokens saved up myself because I only needed covers to respec the last few runs and decided to open them just now. Two times 250 HP, two 3* covers in the first 9 tokens which was pretty satisfying, then I got ten 2*'s and the last token got me 1000 HP too. I destinctly remember thinking it would be weird if I also got it on the last one, but it happened... icon_lol.gif

Indeed, really sweet way to end the old Taco Token run.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first ever vault token was icon_professorx.pngyellowflag.png !!!!!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know how to feel. Sentry's DDQ cover gave him 13 for me, so I feel like I should celebrate that, but...it's Sentry.

Is there an apathetic celebratory emoji?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I opened my piled up tokens and got a Black Panther black! The last 3star i need covers for. Just 2 more to go icon_e_smile.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the first time ever, I got the full power Murderous Aim ability to fire. It was during the final wave of today's Big Enchilada, in which I got a big cascade after a 30AP Lightning Storm. Two bluecrit.png were on the board, and I had 30 tutile.png AP.

Insta-killed Nick Fury.

I would've won the match anyway, but damn, that was fun.

When the time comes that I can spare a roster slot, I'm building me a icon_bullseye.png
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Community scaling being turned off for PvE.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the first time ever, I got the full power Murderous Aim ability to fire. It was during the final wave of today's Big Enchilada, in which I got a big cascade after a 30AP Lightning Storm. Two bluecrit.png were on the board, and I had 30 tutile.png AP.

Insta-killed Nick Fury.

When the time comes that I can spare a roster slot, I'm building me a icon_bullseye.png
    Nice! I always wondered if that has happened to anyone, I also wonder if anyone has every had enough web tiles out to have Venom devour the opponent?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found myself with some spare time this afternoon, and I decided to see how high I could climb in the sim just for kicks with my existing health packs. I was able to climb from 600 to 1300 on ten health packs with Luke Cage, Daken, and Blade. Fun!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Nice! I always wondered if that has happened to anyone, I also wonder if anyone has every had enough web tiles out to have Venom devour the opponent?
    I read about it somewhere; somebody pulled it off using Venom + Bag-Man (!!) and devoured Devil Dino.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

Insta-killed Nick Fury.

I used to run Venom with 3* Spidey all the time back when the latter's blue was still completely broken. It actually sped up my matches quite a bit to have him devouring characters while Spidey kept his infinite stuns going.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

Insta-killed Nick Fury.

During Balance of Power it is fun and easy to run venom/spidey and devour all the juggs and dinos. icon_e_smile.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Pulled punpun from a standard token on my noob account. Didn't have room or hp for him, but since he was required for ddq today, I reluctantly sold im35. In return the taco he got me was 250hp, so I bought a roster slot and installed 2* cap. Pun will probably have to make way for falcon next pve, but now I have all the 2* essentials except bullseye.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uhm... well... this is embarrassing...

I inadvertently backed into T50 for a Thing card I honestly had no intention of attempting to win. I guess that's a positive moment?

I was going to skip the PvE altogether, then thought, "Hey, my Spidey has exactly zero purpleflag.png s. wouldn't it be crazy if I late-started and made it to T150?"

Started at 639 with about 5 hours left, did the first page sans one node, the second sans 3-4... Whoa. I'm inside T200.

A few hours later, did a half-hearted run through a few of the nodes to see if I could push to within striking distance of T150, and ultimately ended up just outside T50 (58?) with about 40 minutes to go. Thought, "Huh. I might actually be able to push a bit higher."

Final 15 minutes, I overtook 54, 53, 51, 48... and as the final bell sounded, I had added another 1-cover 4* to my trophy case.

Whoops!

DBC
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It was during the "Top of The World" node during The Hunt. My team of 3 star.png Cap, OBW and Loki took on 170+ level Venom, Yelena and Daken. We got rid of Venom in pretty short order, but then Yelena and Daken combined to get Cap out of the picture - right before OBW was going to use Anti Gravity Device. Well.. that wasn't good, especially in the face of Daken's insane healing powers. Still, we ousted Yelena and then settled in for a long battle, with OBW first Aggressive Reconning her heart out until we had a ton of purples, blues and blacks. Loki would use Trickery to keep Daken's strike tiles relatively tamed and spam Illusions to hopefully get some massive cascades going while also denying blue, so that Daken's Heat would kick in and he'd get hurt.OBW used that Anti Gravity Device several time It took like 20 minutes, but we finally won. Phew.

Just felt good to win a battle with two decidedly non-offensive players over someone like Daken.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I managed to catch a fresh bracket for the Hunt after staying out due to lots of travel on Thursday and Saturday. Ended up t100 and scored an easy Thing cover. (The bracket only had about 140 people in it by the time the event closed.)

Then I also got a Grocket cover from a standard token, and other folks in my alliance have been having better than normal luck today, too.

Non-MPQ, but I learned that my family and I were incredibly lucky that the broken AC belt in our car didn't knock the serpentine belt out and leave us stranded on the side of the road this weekend. On the downside, it's going to be an expensive fix.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Last night during the final grind for Thing, i was more or less in a comfortable position on the leaderboard and fooling around looking at levels. Accidentally took Patch, Blade and Iron Fist (my anti-goon squad) into Bullseye III... Got an amazing board and pretty killed the node with almost no damage, just accidentally lost Blade to a cascade. Easiest clear of the night, and it dropped the 500 iso reward too!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There i was in the hunt....staring down a green flamethrower CD with a tick left on it, had a Kamala Strechiness.....i need an exact 5 specific tiles i needed to not die against these 342 enemies, i hold my breath....click....BOOM! got the exact ones i needed! which turned into a massive cascade and killed the flamethrower. it really made me smile to see that bastard die