Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options

Comments

• unnamed.jpg

This mission has been locked since friday and god knows how many points i lost out on. sitting in 7th, 1000 points ahead of 11th so no point playing anymore...maybe if i had those points i could have been in the top 3..... well done D3
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Harsh, those 2 missions are the big point ones too.
  • Twysta wrote:

yep, emailed them like 5 times and got nothing... way to support your customers *applauds*
  • Twysta wrote:

yep, emailed them like 5 times and got nothing... way to support your customers *applauds*

I'm jealous, I wish my problem was that I can't finish ONLY ONE of the missions...
  • Twysta wrote:

I'm jealous, I wish my problem was that I can't finish ONLY ONE of the missions...

whats your problem? maybe we can trade for awhile?
  • Twysta wrote:
    Big points yes, but an extra pain to play since most people have a really low level DD. The biggest joke about this whole event is how grenadiers and pyros are the most devastating enemies in the entire game. Step aside Ares and Ragnorok, this dude has a grenade launcher...

Also, just doing quick bonehead math even if every fight was 200pts, you'd have to play 270 matches in 5 days to reach the 54K progression reward. That's around 70 hours of play time, over 13 hours a day. No amount of money or boosting will help that. Personally it took me about 2 months to put that much time into Skyrim, let alone a puzzle game. Why not next event you just make all the enemies lvl 1000+ so that at least you're up front with not wanting people to succeed.
  • Twysta wrote:

I'm jealous. I can't reach him + his enemies are 100 levels easier yet he has 10k more points than I do.
  • Twysta wrote:

whats your problem? maybe we can trade for awhile?

You know, the usual. One mission lvls 30-40 the next one 120, and after that 150 and 230 galore. I might be almost be able to beat the 120 one, but I don't have the magical 5 blue Spidey so it's a matter of luck and grind.
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Big points yes, but an extra pain to play since most people have a really low level DD. The biggest joke about this whole event is how grenadiers and pyros are the most devastating enemies in the entire game. Step aside Ares and Ragnorok, this dude has a grenade launcher...

Also, just doing quick bonehead math even if every fight was 200pts, you'd have to play 270 matches in 5 days to reach the 54K progression reward. That's around 70 hours of play time, over 13 hours a day. No amount of money or boosting will help that. Personally it took me about 2 months to put that much time into Skyrim, let alone a puzzle game. Why not next event you just make all the enemies lvl 1000+ so that at least you're up front with not wanting people to succeed.

Don't forget the 2 turn, 2,000 HP healing Moral Boost...
  • Wahoo, my Daken/Yelena/Moonstone went from 230 to 179 SCORE !!!!.................................................................
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

That 54k progression reward shows that the designer lives in cloud-cuckoo land. I don't think it was even technically reachable if you had an invincibility cheat and played 13 hours a day, since you wouldn't have that many 200 point fights available.
  • You'd probably need the ability to instantly kill your enemy to hit 54K, and even then you've to make sure you never missed a refresh.

I just view this event as hitting 10K for a red cover. Not every event needs to have a huge prize at the end.

What this event should have is some kind of persistent event that either costs $ once or HP on a periodic basis (say monthly). Either way, you'd keep your persistent rating, so after about 5 months, if you so choose, you'll have your 3 Wolverine 4* covers.
  • Zhirrzh wrote:
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

That 54k progression reward shows that the designer lives in cloud-cuckoo land. I don't think it was even technically reachable if you had an invincibility cheat and played 13 hours a day, since you wouldn't have that many 200 point fights available.

Mathmatically, it is **technically possible** to achieve 54k, given a few parameters.

-- Clearing all missions once yields 1,640 points.
    -- Clearing all missions 5 times yields 3 times the base point value of each mission.
    -- Thus, a perfect cycle yields (3 * 1,640) = 4,920 points.
    -- There are 11 cycles in the event, at 12 hours per cycle, and a total event time of 5 days, 12 hours.
    -- Therefore, **theoretically**, a perfect event score is (11 * 4,920) = 54,120 points.

Now, consider the following...

-- Cycle times are asynchronous. The 12 hour cycle timer starts for each mission whenever it is completed.
    -- Each mission run is independently asynchronous. Therefore, the player must wait for all 5 runs of a mission to fully reset to be able to achieve maximum points.

Therefore, to earn 54,000 points a player must...

-- Perform a perfect clear of all mission events at their maximum possible points values at all times.
    -- Must complete all 11 cycles perfectly.
    -- Complete all 11 cycles perfectly, with maximum point values, in less than 12 hours total aggregate time for ALL 11 cycles.
    -- The 12 hour window to complete the event with 54,000 points includes ALL playtime and ALL downtime waiting for mission events to respawn back to maximum point values.

Thus, the event has to be considered to be a speedrun for 54,000 points.
    -- With 720 minutes to cover all 11 cycles, a player has to average 1 hour, 5 minutes, 27 seconds across all 11 cycles. (65.45 minutes)
    -- There are 16 missions, with 5 runs to achieve all of the points possible per cycle. That is 80 missions per cycle.
    -- So... a player must average (65.45 minutes/ 80) = approximately 49 seconds per mission.

You guys can clear a round of 230s every 49 seconds, for five and half days... right? icon_eek.gif (Let alone that 11 * 80 = 880 mission clears to achieve that 54,000 points.)
  • Lyrian wrote:
    You guys can clear a round of 230s every 49 seconds, for five and half days... right? icon_eek.gif (Let alone that 11 * 80 = 880 mission clears to achieve that 54,000 points.)

Wow... Just.... Wow...

You would think that the designers (I hate saying devs since devs implement what is designed) would be able to do this math as well. Disappointed in how the last couple of events have gone.
  • Just hit 10k and honestly my brain hurts.... Fix this **** please devs!

-Brutus
  • So after not playing this mode ALL DAY i decided to look to see what position i slipped too from been 7th nearly 24 hours ago. When i loaded the game i got some weird code and instead of facing off against level 161 Yelena and Daken and Ares i ended up facing a level 40 Daken ON HIS OWN and i had this team to choose from on the picture below. Needless to say i got an easy 200 points and moved up to 6th icon_e_smile.gif

unnamed.jpg
  • Lucky. The unfortunate thing is that the Bullseye/Venom missions which have easy points are just so BORING.

Maybe when I get my 5th BWGS green cover tomorrow I'll be fine with them, but it takes so long as of right now with Daredevil instead of wolverine.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, that's officially 20 failed attempts at the "Like Father, Like Son" mission.

Nice work.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is anyone else in the bracket with bob-omb as the leader? If so, check his roster and cry to yourself. WTactualF.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    They want noobs to get three star covers because it forces them to expand their boxes and incentivizes them to buy HP in order to keep them. Since they are new, they are under the delusion that these scant covers will somehow help them get further in this game. Little do they know, they need about 8-10 of their covers (and ISO to level them up) before you really get the benefit of those covers.

I think that we're stuck with this $hit system. Why they chose to allow us to view the rosters of other opponents is beyond me. All it has done is upset people.