Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options

Comments

• Lyrian wrote:
    The TaT PvE MMR is in full play here. The game is thinking that since a player keeps winning (despite the levels of the actual encounter played), the levels of all encounter needs to keep being ratcheted up.
    It's not only what you're doing, it's everyone else, too. My levels have been creeping up and I have ten points. I could do the second mission with relatively minor grief, but don't see the point when everything after it is over 200 and, give or take, impossible. It's been far more entertaining popcorning the reactions to this event than trying to play it, anyway.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got to 10k too. WORST PVE EVER
  • How many times have the Devs told you guys that they look at gameplay data to determine if decision they made are working. The forums only represent a small sample size of the actual players (their words, not mine).

So, playing in a miserable event is only justifying their actions.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    How many times have the Devs told you guys that they look at gameplay data to determine if decision they made are working. The forums only represent a small sample size of the actual players (their words, not mine).

So, playing in a miserable event is only justifying their actions.
    Their reporting tool might've crashed. All those zeroes in the participation numbers, only needs a careless attempt to divide by one of them.
  • Well they didn't get much play from me. I only am at 1k and that's all from the first 3 missions. Every other mission I have to back out of or I die. Hopefully they will learn from the mistakes. Whatever they claimed to have fixed on Friday didn't really make it any less difficult to complete missions.
  • Ugh I want more Daredevil covers but this event is so boring I can't even grind there. I'm in first place by a comfortable margin at least.
  • jozier wrote:
    Ugh I want more Daredevil covers but this event is so boring I can't even grind there. I'm in first place by a comfortable margin at least.

how are you so far ahead, your roster seems under-powered compared to 2 and 3 place.
  • deanhak wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Ugh I want more Daredevil covers but this event is so boring I can't even grind there. I'm in first place by a comfortable margin at least.

how are you so far ahead, your roster seems under-powered compared to 2 and 3 place.

Must be a cheater!

People need to stop crying about every person better than they are is cheating. In my bracket there are 2 1* rosters in top 10 but don't think either are in top 5. Everyone else is pretty much a standard 2* roster. I actually have the best roster out of top 10, but the #2 guy recently has been making a harder push and currently took the lead, and if he wins it's because he clearly spent more time on this than I did.
  • deanhak wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Huh? My roster is far more powerful than 2nd and 3rd place in my bracket.
  • Weird, that dude registered to post a bunch of ****. Wonder what cowardly regular that is.
  • jozier wrote:
    deanhak wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Huh? My roster is far more powerful than 2nd and 3rd place in my bracket.

is yours entropy33? seems nuz and roya's rosters are stronger than yours. i may be looking at the wrong one, but roya's seems even strong than and he/she's in 2nd place.

and what bracket? i am prob looking at this incorrectly
  • Uh no, mine is...Jozier...like my username? That's not my bracket at all.
  • For the record, it should be obvious to all after 41 pages of screaming that success in this event _isn't about the strength of your roster_. It is about fitting into one of two categories:

* So low on the totem pole that the event feeds you chump missions with the same payoffs as full-strength ones
    * Having the right combination of heroes (Spider-Man leveled & skilled, Grey Widow leveled & skilled, a Daredevil cover, a Storm Classic or Wolverine as the third wheel) to be able to beat 230/230/230 missions without burning health packs or buying HP boosts

If you're not in either A or B above, you're going to struggle. Period. If you ARE in A or B above, you can (if you choose to) grind out rewards that many with superior rosters cannot. At that point, it simply comes down to grinding -- who is willing to run the refresh treadmill and who is not?
  • jozier wrote:
    Uh no, mine is...Jozier...like my username? That's not my bracket at all.

thx, didn't know there's diff brackets. just noticed the top 3 and entropy33's team seems far underpowered than 2nd and 3rd place. how do i check other brackets and how many are there?

sorry n00b questions.
  • just noticed demiurge_eric lurking the forums, then disappeared. At least we know they are out there somewhere.
  • Looking at the rosters that are in top 10 I really think it's quite possible to make a deep run with Storm as your only high level character. She can definitely do significant damage to minions below level 200. I run through more than enough blue for 3 Wind Storms and that'd be enough to finish most games if the enemy is at level 200 or below. Of course I'm taking the wimp out approach (GSBW/Spiderman/whoever) but if someone isn't getting all level 230 guys, it's certainly possible to go for the offensive approach.
  • Waste of time. I will bang out enough points for a top50 finish and DD cover and nothing more.

Trying to wipe out lev230's by spamming Lightning Storm/Deceptive Tactics/All Tied Up is grueling and unsatisfying. I'd rather grind iso in shield training.

Maksimo... how you grinded out 24,302 pts already is beyond me. 2nd place is 6,590, I think you can put on the brakes now.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Waste of time. I will bang out enough points for a top50 finish and DD cover and nothing more.

Trying to wipe out lev230's by spamming Lightning Storm/Deceptive Tactics/All Tied Up is grueling and unsatisfying. I'd rather grind iso in shield training.

Maksimo... how you grinded out 24,302 pts already is beyond me. 2nd place is 6,590, I think you can put on the brakes now.

I had hoped for the 10k progression reward, but it seems unachievable now, I'm at 5k and the missions keep getting harder :/

on the positive side, it seems that a decently leveled hawkey isn't too bad in this event (I have him at 70, though I can't remember when or why I leveled him icon_lol.gif)
  • This is just another example of why this game is F'd up

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox ... rojector=1

Big difference from 1st to 10th

(sorry dont know how to post pictures if anyone wants to enlighten me?)

Edit: dont think that picture works lol but it shows the difference between 1st and 10th in heroic mode

1st = 9000

10th = 2000
  • I'm curious to know if anyone has a legit shot of getting those XF Wolverine's right now? Note: I am not asking if it's possible to get them, I know it was if you were a grind horse throughout.