Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thatguy13 wrote:
    I'm curious to know if anyone has a legit shot of getting those XF Wolverine's right now? Note: I am not asking if it's possible to get them, I know it was if you were a grind horse throughout.

Nah. Daredevil at 30k maybe, but even that can be considered impossible
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    I'm curious to know if anyone has a legit shot of getting those XF Wolverine's right now? Note: I am not asking if it's possible to get them, I know it was if you were a grind horse throughout.

Pretty sure you'd have to grind out each mission 4 times every 12 hours to have a shot. With the given roster and difficult missions taking 15+ minutes and requiring stunlock (Storm tempest would take too many health packs and is inconsistent) you would need to play all day for 5.5 days straight. Then you might have a shot.
  • (sorry dont know how to post pictures if anyone wants to enlighten me?)
    [img]url of your image here[/img]

Your gmail url won't work (without login?). Just use a free image upload service. Most of them will also resize for you, since forums like this generally restrict image size you can post.
  • Veracity wrote:
    (sorry dont know how to post pictures if anyone wants to enlighten me?)
    [img]url of your image here[/img]

Your gmail url won't work (without login?). Just use a free image upload service. Most of them will also resize for you, since forums like this generally restrict image size you can post.

many thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • unnamed.jpg

Difference between 1st and 10th is just stupid and the guy in 1st hasnt even got on today yet, so judging by his previous days it will shoot up another 3000 or more. FIX YOUR STUPID GAME.....please
  • Really not enjoying this event. I'm sitting in 18th place with around 2k points. I lose every other match either because I A) can't afford boosts) or B)I don't get enough blue drops. Other than getting a lucky cascade of criticals, I honestly don't see another way to win these lvl 200+ matches without some type of stun. (can't wait for the spidey nerf icon_e_sad.gif ) The leader of my bracket is 5k AHEAD OF ME! That's a minimum of 25 matches(15 min a match = 6+ hours) just to catch up. And the real kicker is, somehow he's gotten that far with his best character being a 4/4/4 lvl 34 Modern Storm. So am I being punished for months of playing and building high level characters? What gives?
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Really not enjoying this event. I'm sitting in 18th place with around 2k points. I lose every other match either because I A) can't afford boosts) or B)I don't get enough blue drops. Other than getting a lucky cascade of criticals, I honestly don't see another way to win these lvl 200+ matches without some type of stun. (can't wait for the spidey nerf icon_e_sad.gif ) The leader of my bracket is 5k AHEAD OF ME! That's a minimum of 25 matches(15 min a match = 6+ hours) just to catch up. And the real kicker is, somehow he's gotten that far with his best character being a 4/4/4 lvl 34 Modern Storm. So am I being punished for months of playing and building high level characters? What gives?

Nope just been punished cause D3 are sadistic money grabbing nerfing patching ****
  • Lol! I'm 1st on my bracket with 1290 points.
  • Pichsterz wrote:
    Lol! I'm 1st on my bracket with 1290 points.

I HATE YOU icon_e_sad.gif
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Really not enjoying this event. I'm sitting in 18th place with around 2k points. I lose every other match either because I A) can't afford boosts) or B)I don't get enough blue drops. Other than getting a lucky cascade of criticals, I honestly don't see another way to win these lvl 200+ matches without some type of stun. (can't wait for the spidey nerf icon_e_sad.gif ) The leader of my bracket is 5k AHEAD OF ME! That's a minimum of 25 matches(15 min a match = 6+ hours) just to catch up. And the real kicker is, somehow he's gotten that far with his best character being a 4/4/4 lvl 34 Modern Storm. So am I being punished for months of playing and building high level characters? What gives?

The level code for the PvE event is apparently bugged but yes, you are basically being punished for having played for a while and levelled your heroes. If it makes you feel better after doing well at TaT, although I haven't been playing all that long I got lvl 230 encounters after the first Daken (who's 114) and I have nothing eligible over lvl 60 (C.Storm then nothing over 30 which is an ever so useful IW) and my spidey has 1/1/2 icon_e_smile.gif. Can you guess how i'm doing this event? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    I just **love** how "Imposters Assemble", a mission I stated earlier in this thread I could not beat, has creeped up from 120... to 130... to 140... to this morning 150.
    I *wish* it had even been that low for me. Mine is leveled 201/201/202 I played it once, moderately boosted, and scratched my way out with just one character alive.
  • Imposter's Assemble is easier than Time for Some Answers at least.

If the enemy team manages to match two greens, round over. Ares Onslaught + 4 Daken strike tiles.
  • I originally intended to aim for 30k but enemies kept scaling so it would take too long now, unless they lowered the enemy levels back down. I've passed 10k so have 3/1/1 Daredevil now (thanks to lucky Oscorp Assault Team reward token) so can level him to level 43.
  • My bracket is very structurally similar. I'm at #1 with 10309, there's a low-roster player at 8856, then #3 and #4 are in the 5000s and #10 is only at 2794.

The staggering difficulty is one big reason. Another is that, frankly, there's really not much reason to _try_ to rank high. The difference between 4th place and 50th place is 750 ISO and 50 Hero Points, which are miniscule, so with the low participation all you have to do is make a half-hearted effort and you're pretty much guaranteed a Daredevil Red. The only bonuses for finishing top 3 are more ISO and 50 more Hero Points, which are also not even remotely worth sweating it out for a week.

Early progression rewards are lackluster -- you have a chance at a Spidey, GW or Daredevil but a slim one. The guy who's in 10th place in my bracket has gotten 1350 ISO, 50 Hero Points, two Oscorp tokens and one standard, a couple of miscellaneous boosts and a Storm Classic for his trouble so far. Not exactly what I'd call a rewarding experience.

Later progression rewards are pretty good, but as noted, nobody is going to come close to getting there. If more than a single handful make it to 30K, I'll be impressed.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My bracket is very structurally similar. I'm at #1 with 10309, there's a low-roster player at 8856, then #3 and #4 are in the 5000s and #10 is only at 2794.

The staggering difficulty is one big reason. Another is that, frankly, there's really not much reason to _try_ to rank high. The difference between 4th place and 50th place is 750 ISO and 50 Hero Points, which are miniscule, so with the low participation all you have to do is make a half-hearted effort and you're pretty much guaranteed a Daredevil Red. The only bonuses for finishing top 3 are more ISO and 50 more Hero Points, which are also not even remotely worth sweating it out for a week.

Early progression rewards are lackluster -- you have a chance at a Spidey, GW or Daredevil but a slim one. The guy who's in 10th place in my bracket has gotten 1350 ISO, 50 Hero Points, two Oscorp tokens and one standard, a couple of miscellaneous boosts and a Storm Classic for his trouble so far. Not exactly what I'd call a rewarding experience.

Later progression rewards are pretty good, but as noted, nobody is going to come close to getting there. If more than a single handful make it to 30K, I'll be impressed.

Another key issue is that repeatedly grinding the missions doesn't give you any iso once you've gotten the 500 iso rewards. If mission rewards reset daily, I would be grinding this mission a lot more than I have been (currently sitting at #4 with 3k points, don't see any reason to continuously grind when I'm not getting any iso for it).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Imposter's Assemble is easier than Time for Some Answers at least.

If the enemy team manages to match two greens, round over. Ares Onslaught + 4 Daken strike tiles.
    Yeah, I burned a +3 all to clear that once. Immediate stun lock is nearly required.
  • Is everyone earning only 200 pts max? Or is that scaled as well?
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Is everyone earning only 200 pts max? Or is that scaled as well?

Yeah, max is only 200 pts per mission for everyone, but you can repeat it at a slow diminishing rate (200, 160, 120, 80).
  • They just pushed something through I think. My steam version self updated right after a match. Damned if I can find anything different though.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Well, I finally made it to 1500 points, I'm hoping I can crack the top 25 just as a personal goal. I haven't played this event much because it absolutely sucks.