Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• The 2 3XDA battles seems to have been made significantly easier. At least it's no longer 2 green match = game over.

I wouldn't mind if the other battles kept their offensive stats but have 1/3 less HP.
  • jozier wrote:
    thatguy13 wrote:
    So how do I get the "guaranteed" daredevil they are advertising in the event rules section for the Oscorp event?

Buy the Oscorp Assault Team 10-Pack

Ugh PTW. Should have known. Sad Panda.
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    thatguy13 wrote:
    So how do I get the "guaranteed" daredevil they are advertising in the event rules section for the Oscorp event?

Buy the Oscorp Assault Team 10-Pack

Ugh PTW. Should have known. Sad Panda.

Daredevil isn't going to win you anything in this event.
  • At least I'm gonna get two Daredevil covers out of this debacle.
  • Phantron wrote:

Except that I can't do the 2 fights that require him and I have a few people closing on me on my leaderboard. Not that there is a significant difference between places as long as you're in the top 45 anyway.
  • Just wondering...what do ppl and ppl top scores look like right now? I'm a little over 7,500 and in first with 2nd at about 6k and third at about 5k.
    Top score slightly above 10k, second and third around 4k. There used to be another player with 2k more points until yesterday, disappeared without trace.
  • Managed to claw myself to 2500 points and sitting at rank 25 so far. I think I'll finish this event around the 20s.

I wonder what the top finish will be. I think there are only a handful people that breached 10k a while ago. Probably 15k tops, since it's the next achieveable progression reward.

Considering the progression rewards go up to 50k, the scaling is way off for sure. Especially funny considering how easy it was to reach the top progression reward in the Thick as Thieves event. I think I way overshot that...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on 10k right now. I can't see how I'd get past 15k though, might be pushing it just to get that tbh.
    2nd has 8k and 3rd has 7k and 4th and 5th have 4k. It almost a semi competitive bracket, almost.
    Top 5 all have semi decent rosters too. No one with like 5 chars. And all 1*
  • whorst wrote:
    Considering the progression rewards go up to 50k, the scaling is way off for sure. Especially funny considering how easy it was to reach the top progression reward in the Thick as Thieves event. I think I way overshot that...
    They pretty much miscalculated progression for Thick as Thieves. Most points were generated after the main event missions were unlocked, which was initially scheduled at 210 million global points. Due to the horrid level scaling points were generated much slower than expected, so they reduced the unlock to 70 million global points. Then players found out how to counter level scaling, causing points to get generated much faster. I suspect their planning intended the main missions to unlock somewhere around the last event day. Also explains why the main event was such a grind, it wasn't supposed to be repeatable that often.
  • Just registered to post about this event.

At the highest of my roster, I have:

Moonstone lvl61
    Iron Man Model 35 lvl50
    Storm Modern lvl50
    Hulk lvl38

And goes down from there (well, I have been levelling Black Widow Original, up to 46 today, but it was in the 20s when I started with this).

Roster available for this event: Iron Man Model 35 lvl50... And a bunch of one-cover nobodies. Joy.

On the first day, I was pleasantly surprised to see the missions unlocked after completing the first one were level 30 enemies or so. I assumed, silly me, that it'd go up as I progressed, and it'd be level 50-60 at the top. Figured it was scaling based on my available roster, and that I'd have a chance or two.

Imagine my surprise when, after completing a few missions and closing for the day, I came back the next morning to every freaking mission being populated by level 45-70 enemies.

So yeah, scored some points on the first day, and I've been stuck with two missions I can actually complete ever since.

Not sure how the "scaling" is supposed to work, but it's beyond **** up for me. There's bugger all I can complete.

(To add insult to the injury, I managed to reach the Oscorp Force Token reward... And got a Hawkeye off it).
  • Walkiry wrote:
    At the highest of my roster, I have:

Moonstone lvl61
    Iron Man Model 35 lvl50
    Storm Modern lvl50
    Hulk lvl38
    You sound like one of these cheaters I've been hearing so much about. Can't believe you'd come here and advertise it.

Welcome! It's perhaps worth noting that quite a lot of people hereabouts believe that roster entitles you to complete precisely "bugger all" of a heroic event, and you may be regaled with tales of how the proper events in their day (a few weeks ago) had them walk backwards through the snow, uphill both ways, and so on. Hopefully their ire will be assuaged by confirmation that the scaling is doing a fine job of ensuring this game teeters on the brink of having no future for everybody, regardless of established status.

I didn't think you could use Black Widow Original in this. Do you mean Modern? Or you're just leveling her, anyway? Good choice.

Hawkeye's a wildly underrated secret weapon. His day will come. Actually, it kinda came in the first Hunt when he could crit for thousands, so maybe I'm overly optimistic.
  • Ok, so I enjoyed a nice couple of days off playing at the weekend, much needed!

Joined a bracket Sunday morning... currently leading with 7,010 (going to push to 10,000 for that DD cover if I can). 2nd place has 2,644 and 1,502 is good for a top 10 spot. Fun times. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Even noticed some of the missions dropping to more manageable levels, what is occuring? icon_eek.gif
  • Phantron wrote:

Come on now, when he's required for third of the missions any of which provide about same points of the rest? Ok, make it half of the rest but still.

Play-wise sure he's just ballast but both progression and placement comes from gathered points.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    I think that regardless of what happened to income over the last two events, the drop in player engagement will speak heavily. A drop in engagement eventually leads to lost revenue.

Nobody's even trying in my bracket. Not a single player over 10k, and I'm easily staying in the high 30s with just one or two missions a day and less than 2k points.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    I think that regardless of what happened to income over the last two events, the drop in player engagement will speak heavily. A drop in engagement eventually leads to lost revenue.

Nobody' seven trying in my bracket. Not a single player over 10k, and I'm easily staying in the high 30s with just one or two missions a day and less than 2k points.

People are sadly trying. It's so broken it doesn't matter.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Even noticed some of the missions dropping to more manageable levels, what is occuring? icon_eek.gif
    Stealth patch yesterday afternoon (Demiurge time) tanked the levels on the 3xDA fights, I believe. Not 100% sure - I'm spectating this event from a 10pt seat with nice aisle access because it seems the only entertaining option. Only communication on the update was a D3P Customer Service news post about fixing a crash bug involving hostile Daredevils.
  • I was able to get to about 3200 when I threw in the towel on this event (Saturday afternoon). Which was good for 9th place.

As of this morning I've only fell to 17th place.
  • WHEN WILL THIS **** EVENT BE OVER!? (it's rhetorical, im clearly aware of the time left)
  • Don't think the patch was related to this event at all. I still see missions with 230s in them. Some missions dropped in difficulty after some time, but still it's a tough grind and by now I've finally managed to grind out 3k points.

In general I wonder if we'll hear something from the Dev team today. Mostly I wonder how they'll handle the fallout of this event.
  • whorst wrote:
    I still see missions with 230s in them. Some missions dropped in difficulty over some, but still it's a tough grind and by now I've finally managed to grind out 3k points.
    Yeah, if you were getting mostly 230 you still will. It's only the ones that are three Dark Avengers (no countdown mooks) that people were saying yesterday had shot down from 230 into the 100s somewhere, after the update was pushed. I'm assuming they're related because Demiurge has been prone to forgetting what's in its patches before.