Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options

Comments

• Veracity wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Even noticed some of the missions dropping to more manageable levels, what is occuring? icon_eek.gif
    Stealth patch yesterday afternoon (Demiurge time) tanked the levels on the 3xDA fights, I believe. Not 100% sure - I'm spectating this event from a 10pt seat with nice aisle access because it seems the only entertaining option. Only communication on the update was a D3P Customer Service news post about fixing a crash bug involving hostile Daredevils.

Thanks for the info. The Ares mission for me dropped into the 140s, much more manageable.

Really only playing to get that 10,000 purple DD reward, which is a generous target for a 3* cover in comparison to other PvE's, and the red DD. Just a shame the scaling is so broken that not everybody is able to take advantage of it.

I'm persisting to give the game a chance, more out of my own stubborness, rather than any belief that the creases will be ironed out any time soon.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I'm persisting to give the game a chance, more out of my own stubborness, rather than any belief that the creases will be ironed out any time soon.
    For all the blood and thunder flying around the last few days, I don't doubt the great majority here will keep right on playing if the thing gets on track within the next major update or two, and probably keep spending to whatever extent they were before within a matter of weeks. That infamous Steam group boycott of one of the CoDs or whatever it was springs to mind. I've just been dropping in and out milling around the mob in No Holds Barred to eke out a few more levels for old smiley Frank.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    For all the blood and thunder flying around the last few days, I don't doubt the great majority here will keep right on playing if the thing gets on track within the next major update or two, and probably keep spending to whatever extent they were before within a matter of weeks. That infamous Steam group boycott of one of the CoDs or whatever it was springs to mind. I've just been dropping in and out milling around the mob in No Holds Barred to eke out a few more levels for old smiley Frank.
    +1 to this.

If D3 and Demiurge can get their act together soon, along with a new non-event PVE chapter to continue the storyline I think players will learn to forgive and continue playing.
  • Yeah... I mean, I get why some of the originals have quit, but I feel I've invested too much to leave all of that on the table and walk away. I'm thinking the upcoming Spidey nerf might push me closer to the door (he's been my most used character by far since I started), if it is truly severe. I've adapted to everything that has been thrown at us since the start, but that might just make me have the same epiphany that other originals have had before me.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Yeah... I mean, I get why some of the originals have quit, but I feel I've invested too much to leave all of that on the table and walk away. I'm thinking the upcoming Spidey nerf might push me closer to the door (he's been my most used character by far since I started), if it is truly severe. I've adapted to everything that has been thrown at us since the start, but that might just make me have the same epiphany that other originals have had before me.
    I only leveled my Spidey b/c the Oscorp chapter forced me to - I was avoiding investing ISO b/c of the incoming nerf. Even at 4 AP, his stun is so ridiculously good. Now that I've invested in him, I'm dreading the upcoming balance whereas before I was ambivalent at best. As the others above you have said, I think my stubborn love of both Puzzle Quest and Marvel is being tested at this point.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    thatguy13 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Daredevil isn't going to win you anything in this event.

Except that I can't do the 2 fights that require him and I have a few people closing on me on my leaderboard. Not that there is a significant difference between places as long as you're in the top 45 anyway.

Do you have a good Purple power on Grey Suit Black Widow? What I eventually figured out last night is that the best way to trigger trap tiles is to bait the AI by creating a "swap to match-4" ( , ' , ,) that points at a trap. It has some significant disadvantages (green match for Daken, generating greens to leave on the table for the AI, only does about 1500 damage with my Daredevil Level 20) of course. It was a LONG fight against Daken, Lieutenant, whoever the third was, but between Spider-man stunning/healing and Black Widow clearing hard-to-reach countdowns and enabling Daredevil Ambushes I managed to finish it better than previous high-level Daken attempts.
  • I'm intrigued - is anybody playing against high level baddies with a party not containing Spider-Man? I'm struggling to see how they are even viable without copious stun, based on my own experiences.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I'm intrigued - is anybody playing against high level baddies with a party not containing Spider-Man? I'm struggling to see how they are even viable without copious stun, based on my own experiences.
    The only 3* characters we can use in the event are squishies - Spidey and BWGS. I can't see how it would be possible without stuns. The only color I can match in my roster that doesn't put one of those 2 out front is green which throws Wolvie out front, who also is rather squishy against 230+. It's impossible without stuns.

Edit: I forgot about DD, mostly b/c I didn't get him in the previous event. But without a large number of covers, his buff won't make his healthpool high enough to be relevant. I'll cede the point though that they did give us 1 3* cover that could theoretically tank the non-AOE shots.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I'm intrigued - is anybody playing against high level baddies with a party not containing Spider-Man? I'm struggling to see how they are even viable without copious stun, based on my own experiences.

No I'm not. I don't have Spidey maxed so I gave up on this event pretty fast, I can only complete the first two missions. The rests are close to impossible, and they aren't 230 for the most part (that I have unlocked).

I refuse spending any funny money or real money on Spider-Man only to have him nerfed and end up with a bad respect.
  • The Ladder wrote:

I've got one, but he only has 2 blue, so I'm really limited when it comes to stunning people. It also means that I require on a ton of luck, since I'm really functionally noncompetitive on most missions; I'm really only doing the first 3 over and over and the 200 point Venom + grenadiers occasionally (but I lose that one half the time, since I have essentially no margin of error.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I actually find sometimes I'm almost taking damage on purpose without spidey to utilize Storms passive. That coupled with her Blue can cause some major AoE.

It's pretty futile against 190+ DA though :/
  • The Ladder wrote:

Between the two PvE events and the Thor tournament, I've come to lean heavily on Spider-man just for my own sanity. I don't really enjoy using him because it makes the gameplay slower and more tedious.
  • I don't get it tbh. Best guess is just that they got burnt out. Where did all the ogs even go I wonder? This is still the best android game imo. Even if I quit, there's not much I've seen to replace it.

I don't really even consider this event that bad. Missions are harder yes, but placement has been the same as always. Maybe it's just that I decided from the outset that I didn't want to get 50k points so I didn't set myself up for disappointment. It's unrealistic for the average player to have those goals, but I also do think it was unreasonable for the devs to set the bar that high. But they are constantly adjusting the numbers. Can't say they don't overshoot things either like the ridiculous amount of HP given in Ares. Or getting a 2nd free Hulk cover.
  • These responses make me fear that the Spidey nerf will decimate the player base even more at the top table...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Levels have dropped twice for me today, that's a new record!
  • I don't really even consider this event that bad. Missions are harder yes, but placement has been the same as always. Maybe it's just that I decided from the outset that I didn't want to get 50k points so I didn't set myself up for disappointment. It's unrealistic for the average player to have those goals, but I also do think it was unreasonable for the devs to set the bar that high.
    My only complaint about this event was the severe restrictions on the roster. If they opened it up to other Avengers (such as IM40 or Hulk) I feel like I could have hit at least 20K. I (and others) would have tried harder, rubberbanding would have kicked in a bit and the higher tiers would have been attainable, I feel. Other than that, this event has been fine in my mind.
    The Ladder wrote:
    These responses make me fear that the Spidey nerf will decimate the player base even more at the top table...
    Once this event ends, I'm done with Spidey again. I leveled him enough that his HP can survive one Flamethrower with no daken strike tiles or a couple silent strikes from the spies. No more ISO is being dumped into him. With No Holds Barred allowing a full roster, my ISO is back into IM40 and Punisher again. I will be annoyed by the Spidey balance b/c I did have to dump ~8K ISO into him but it won't decimate me (granted I'm not in the "top" per se, but I feel I'm close to it. icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Imo the thing with Spidey is not being necessary because he is OP, but rather because he fills a unique role. IM40, Rags, Hulk, GSBW, Mags are relatively interchangeable. The closest thing to being interchangeable with Spidey is 2-star OBW.

Imo they need to do the equivalent to what Ares is to Thor or Patch to Wolvie for when they nerf Spidey.
  • The Ladder wrote:

im running 110 spidey, 90 gsbw, and 85 wolvie for the level 230 baddies. i dont think that defeating those enemies is feasible witbout spidey to stun lock. if one of those countdown tiles reaches 0, its often the end of my whole squad. marc
  • Imo the thing with Spidey is not being necessary because he is OP, but rather because he fills a unique role. <snip> Imo they need to do the equivalent to what Ares is to Thor or Patch to Wolvie for when they nerf Spidey.
    Does Daredevil almost fill the alternate stun role? His stun costs 7 AP for a 2-turn stun, but it's questionable for when it goes off (takes some AI manipulation). Unfortunately, his colors overlap too much with BWGS, and I prefer her red and purple to DD's (her red has saved me so many times in this event).
  • There, got my 5th BWGS green from daily rewards. Now to push for 10K and my DD cover.