Avengers vs Ultron event info

Options

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we PLEASE LOWER the Scaling on the 2nd go though. If you cant beat the Daily events there is no way to even play this Event past Round 5

ALSO why does only QS have a chance to earn token pulls why not all 5 ESS nods to get token pulls.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    So, it's now past 4pm in the One True Time Zone, on a Monday, and not one of the guys from Demiurge has posted today (except Will posted something completely unrelated).

Not one comment on server problems, or anything else of concern since Friday evening.

I thought there'd be something.

Me too. I'm surprised there wasn't at least an acknowledgement of the issues at launch and that they're discussing it. This radio silence is frustrating.

In all honesty, they try to ostrich their way through problems and hope that they go away while their heads are buried in the ground. The silence is business as usual.

Remember their motto is "This too shall pass".
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They really need to do better for the people they expect to spend the ungodly sums of money they are asking for people to pay for stuff in this game. You guys have a playerbase!!!!! How bout treating us like you care about keeping us around? You have said nothing about the awful start to the event. Nor the amazingly large number of issues that people have with a variety of things involving the event. Are we really supposed to be competing against our own alliance to get the progression covers? What about the fact that the sentries don't follow the actual stated conditions on their abilities?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate the concerns and questions you have regarding the Age of Ultron Event and the developers hope to have some answers posted for you very soon. Thank you for the overwhelming response to the Event. We planned for a major increase in players, but the incredible amount of participation was well beyond expectations. The awesomeness of the MPQ community in motion is truly a beautiful thing to behold!

Please hang in there and look for further info tomorrow. Thanks!
  • slidecage
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

We appreciate the concerns and questions you have regarding the Age of Ultron Event and the developers hope to have some answers posted for you very soon. Thank you for the overwhelming response to the Event. We planned for a major increase in players, but the incredible amount of participation was well beyond expectations. The awesomeness of the MPQ community in motion is truly a beautiful thing to behold!

so instead of having 4 fan boys we had 5 and that is what crashed it icon_e_smile.gif

really though is Hulkbusted confirm for a 4 star if so will the Numbers still be the same or will we see major increase in AI.

Also will it be like the first round meaning we will see info for the hulkbuster event listed early to mid tomorrow night.

Also the next time these events are held (if they are) we really need a 48 hour break between them so allainces can boot out people if they want.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

"Overwhelming" used literally instead of figuratively. Have a +1.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Perfect PR spin on a lousy situation. Definitely a +1 to that post. icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

hopefully some good info tonight
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hello,

In case you missed it in the "Ultron PvE questions" thread - here's word from Demiurge this morning regarding the Age of Ultron Event:

"Hey all,
    Just weighing in on the issue Alliances are experiencing where the main Avengers vs Ultron sub-chapter is closed after Round 8 is done. We initially designed it this way because when you reach the point target in Round 8, you’ve beaten Ultron. This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun. Thanks for the feedback about this. We’re looking at fixing this issue in the future, but won’t have a fix in time for Run 2.

After this run of Avengers vs Ultron finishes tonight at midnight, if you got locked out of progression rewards because your alliance finished the event early, please contact support from in-game. We're looking into ways to make it up to you.

Thanks,
    Kabir"
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

In case you missed it in the "Ultron PvE questions" thread - here's word from Demiurge this morning regarding the Age of Ultron Event:

"Hey all,
    Just weighing in on the issue Alliances are experiencing where the main Avengers vs Ultron sub-chapter is closed after Round 8 is done. We initially designed it this way because when you reach the point target in Round 8, you’ve beaten Ultron. This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun. Thanks for the feedback about this. We’re looking at fixing this issue in the future, but won’t have a fix in time for Run 2.

After this run of Avengers vs Ultron finishes tonight at midnight, if you got locked out of progression rewards because your alliance finished the event early, please contact support from in-game. We're looking into ways to make it up to you.

Thanks,
    Kabir"

...and if we got locked out from completing round six because of the first day issues and the "ultron is at zero health but the next round won't open for hours" issues?
  • slidecage
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

"Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir"

do we have to wait till after midnight tonight if our allaince is already done with the event and we got locked out
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

"Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir"
    Just as an FYI this post would have been welcomed in a new thread or announcement. I had to search to find an answer to this question.
    I also want to say I appriciate D3 looking to make it up to players who were locked out of the progression rewards. This is a fun style of event and my alliance had more communication than normal which I felt was good. Keep tweaking the event and it will be awsome.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other than Kabir's post about the progression reward issue, have they addressed any of the other questions/concerns (leaderboards, 0 points, end of season snafu, etc) about the Ultron event? Did I miss it? If so, can someone give me a link?
  • slidecage
    Options
    Other than Kabir's post about the progression reward issue, have they addressed any of the other questions/concerns (leaderboards, 0 points, end of season snafu, etc) about the Ultron event? Did I miss it? If so, can someone give me a link?

nope they mostly just came out with changes that start thursday and blew off most of the rest of the problems. Though i highly doubt we hear a thing about it until End of week or next week what will be done about it. I think back in Dec when season ended early it took them almost a week to come out and tell what was going to be done about it. They have the 2nd round of the event and then the new season and stuff to worry about so im sure they are pushing it off until they get all the new stuff sorted out

Hopefully something will be told by end of this week but im mostly looking until next week before what is going to be done about it is told
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That would be okay if we still weren't experiences major issue or about to repeat the event with all of the issues. Not commenting or communicating that they are attempting to correct this stuff is just crazy.
  • Are the side essential nodes closed for everyone? Not just checked off and completed, but no mission availible?
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've had multiple issues during AvU logging on and staying on. It looks like d3 wants to end it the way it began; ever since the update today I lost access to my Alliance and all events again. So much for working with my Alliance to take Ultron down and say goodbye to my progression and placement in Heroic and MSH.

This is awesome d3, I want more of this.
  • So after days of grinding and putting up over 1.5 million, I can't access the event right before my alliance finishes off round eight? This is getting old quickly....
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

"Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir"

do we have to wait till after midnight tonight if our allaince is already done with the event and we got locked out

This. I am sitting here watching the clock tick down, looking at a 0 hit point Ultron, knowing that if the **** node would just unlock like it's supposed to I'd have a Scarlet Witch. I'm not happy about it.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Options
    AionTeleos wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

"Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir"

This. I am sitting here watching the clock tick down, looking at a 0 hit point Ultron, knowing that if the tinykitty node would just unlock like it's supposed to I'd have a Scarlet Witch. I'm not happy about it.

Having the same problem here. 0 health on round 8 Ultron and he isn't bent recognized as defeated.