Avengers vs Ultron event info

Comments

• Wonko33 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    I've just one question regarding the essential missions. Will or will not Nick Fury be an essential node?

I think they said yes in the video, they even made a little quip about Fury having only one version

I don't think they mean 4thor as being a version of thor though

If you look at the event info it gives a large list of powered up characters and I assume that's the list of characters that can show up for the essentials. Nick Fury is on that list, but not Thor 4* (though 3* and 2* version are there), probably because Thor 4* is not the same person as Thor 3*.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Nick Fury is on that list, but not Thor 4* (though 3* and 2* version are there), probably because Thor 4* is not the same person as Thor 3*.
    Then they should let us use them in the same formation. Can't have it both ways.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I really, really wish they had pushed out the ISO reduction in R74. The other features in R75 could wait, but I imagine quite a few people have characters they could level up for this.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Nick Fury is on that list, but not Thor 4* (though 3* and 2* version are there), probably because Thor 4* is not the same person as Thor 3*.
    Then they should let us use them in the same formation. Can't have it both ways.

But 4* Thor is wielding the same Mjolnir that 2/3* Thor has. If there was a 4* Man-Thor who represented Thor as he currently is (hammerless) then he would a) be able to be paired with 4* Lady-Thor since they are separate people, and b) wouldn't be able to team up with 2/3* Thor since that's himself. So if you had 3* Thor and 4* Thor on the same team, one of them would have no powers.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    What about poor performing alliances? My alliance is full, but has 6 people not contributing to the Simulator and 7 people with less than 5k points. We're currently ranked #1298 (this is where we rank fairly consistently in every event). Should I be shopping for a new alliance before I commit to the event? Or will the 7 top performers be able to carry the alliance to all of the rewards?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    What about poor performing alliances? My alliance is full, but has 6 people not contributing to the Simulator and 7 people with less than 5k points. We're currently ranked #1298 (this is where we rank fairly consistently in every event). Should I be shopping for a new alliance before I commit to the event? Or will the 7 top performers be able to carry the alliance to all of the rewards?
    They said it's "balanced" for an alliance of 20. Any less and yes the top will be carrying the load. You may want to create a new alliance and have the active's move over to it and then recruit to fill the rest. If the inactives don't hop on to read the invitation to move to the newly created one... then they are on their own.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoic wrote:
    I really, really wish they had pushed out the ISO reduction in R74. The other features in R75 could wait, but I imagine quite a few people have characters they could level up for this.

yea i have around 3 in this event i would like to level up, 10 overall but waiting. got around 60k iso but wont spend any.

wonder what will be the best way to play this..

Fight ultron
    do ess
    fight ultron
    do ess
    fight untron
    do ess
    repeat 5 times

or take your time and maybe
    untron
    esss
    untron
    ess

then rest for 8 hours i mean i doubt you can take him down yourelfand your going to be foreced to wait for a lot fo team mates to play
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Cayasha wrote:
    Hopefully they will break with tradition and keep a couple people around the office over the weekend in case something goes wrong. This event sounds like it'll be a lot of fun as long as it all works icon_e_smile.gif

No, they've actually sent a bunch of them to C2E2 - which, if I understand American Geography correctly, is a completely different state.

We send marketing people to comic book events, not developers.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:
    They said it's "balanced" for an alliance of 20. Any less and yes the top will be carrying the load. You may want to create a new alliance and have the active's move over to it and then recruit to fill the rest. If the inactives don't hop on to read the invitation to move to the newly created one... then they are on their own.

That doesn't exactly answer my question. As a top performer in my alliance, I fully expect to be carrying the rest of the team (and I'm ok with that). But is it going to be like Thick As Thieves was where everyone was complaining about how impossible it was to reach the top progression (especially if you lacked the featured character, Kamala)? Or is it going to be a bit more relaxed like the past few PvE events were?
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    This event is for 20 players. If you join a new alliance, and 20 people are already playing under that alliance’s name, you’ll start a new event by yourself and won’t be able to play with your current alliance. When you join the event, we recommend posting in alliance chat so new alliance members know how full the event is. If you are a commander of your alliance and your leaderboard has 20 members, consider making your alliance private so no one accidentally tries to join a full event. This is very important.
    So....does it scale at all based on alliance size? Or are people in alliances of less than 20 just completely boned? Cuz this seems like a GREAT way to completely alienate all of the folks that are just in an alliance with a few buddies.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I hope the timers are not from when last completed and just straight up 8 hour timers- because I am not getting up at night to clear a set anymore.

example
    12:00 to 20:00 you have eight hours to complete the set
    20:00 to 04:00 you have eight hours to complete the set
    4:00 to 12:00 you have eight hours to complete the set

so If you complete it at 19:30 you can complete it again at 20:00, not have to wait until 3:30 and not have a full 3 clears a day.
  • I'm going to miss the first 9 hours or so in the event due to work. Given the alliance-centric nature of this one, if my alliance plugs away and downs Ultron before I get home tonight, am I going to miss out on anything? Just curious as to how this event is going to work overall in that regard.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    I'm going to miss the first 9 hours or so in the event due to work. Given the alliance-centric nature of this one, if my alliance plugs away and downs Ultron before I get home tonight, am I going to miss out on anything? Just curious as to how this event is going to work overall in that regard.

You won't miss out on anything. Each Ultron Prime fight (the battle that gets unlocked when your alliance takes down Ultron's big health bar) is a separate node, each with its own rewards. You can wait to unlock them all and then fight all eight in a row, do them as they open up, whatever.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    My Ultron Event is not working... I went to join then got an event error message, followed by the infamous "Check Internet Connection" error message and now it's not even showing up...
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I couldn't begin the ultron event, so I restarted, and now there is nothing but the original story for me to play.
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Peej13 wrote:
    I couldn't begin the ultron event, so I restarted, and now there is nothing but the original story for me to play.
    ^ This is happening to me as well
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    They must have brought their old server back for this event! Down for everyone?
  • Yep, it's all down. No Ultron and no PVP events either. Heroic 10 packs for everyone!! icon_lol.gif
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    Yes, the servers are down.
  • I suppose this is how an event is nerfed.