Avengers vs Ultron event info

Options

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    re: event. Okay, from my reading of the announcement there is one BIG mission node against Ultron that refreshes every 8 hours, and requires the alliance to do 75,000 damage to defeat Ultron and unlock the next chapter. The other tiny nodes are SURVIVAL style missions limited to avenger characters only; successful completion of one of the smaller pins will immediately refresh the big node in the middle. oh boy. This is interesting---a hybrid heroic event. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Just for clarification, it doesn't look like Time Slices are in effect since there is no "competition" and is more a "play at your own Alliance pace" kinda thing like Gauntlet? Alliance goal is just to beat Ultron and his minions down until all nodes unlocked, we win tokens, maybe HP/ISO, covers at the end and profit?

yes, there is no time slice because the event is based on alliance. First 20 members to sign up will participate and damage done by these 20 will count towards the 75k against Ultron's node in the middle. But i wouldn't be surprised if there are additional prizes based on first to complete all missions type of placement.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    The other tiny nodes are SURVIVAL style missions limited to avenger characters only; successful completion of one of the smaller pins will immediately refresh the big node in the middle. oh boy. This is interesting---a hybrid heroic event. icon_e_surprised.gif

I believe, like other essential nodes, there will be one required Avenger character, and the rest you can choose as you wish. Though with the Avengers characters being the only ones buffed, you prob won't be playing with much else.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    Let's be honest though; it's an event based around evil robots who don't gather AP or lay countdowns - why exactly would anyone use OBW?

Maybe you didn't read the PVE description:

Ultron Prime:
    Gravitational Force is an active ability that creates 3 Countdown Tiles. When they detonate, they each drain some AP from the player’s strongest color, and stun the character in front.

There is CD tiles. Plus his Sentries do swap tiles. So yes OBW would be quite useful.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    re: event. Okay, from my reading of the announcement there is one BIG mission node against Ultron that refreshes every 8 hours, and requires the alliance to do 75,000 damage to defeat Ultron and unlock the next chapter. The other tiny nodes are SURVIVAL style missions limited to avenger characters only; successful completion of one of the smaller pins will immediately refresh the big node in the middle. oh boy. This is interesting---a hybrid heroic event. icon_e_surprised.gif

That and every time the middle node is defeated, a new node will open up in the Ultron Prime sub-event, of which there are 8 in total, the final three of which have Scarlet Witch covers as a reward.
  • How long will this event last, and is there any feasible chance of solo'ing it (creating a 1-person alliance if necessary), or is it dependent on alliance members playing nodes at the same time?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ultron has 75,000 health. How do we win a match against him? Or do we just play until we die and do as much damage as we can before then? If so, gonne be heck on health packs.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Woo Hoo!

Haven't even played it yet, but I'm just going to throw this out there. Can we get way more events like this one for new characters please? Pretty Please?

I really REALLY hope this is the new PVE and they dont go back, Just think 9 days of this and then bamm back to grinding for hours on end if they bring back the old PVE Blah. would rather have this all the time

If I was into memes, I would link one, but since I'm not, I will just say it:

Why can't we have both? Maybe grinding for new characters/more covers for previously featured ones for the first three weeks of the month, and for the fourth week, have such an event? The three weeks will give time for them to come up with a new event/swap skins for a more appropriate setting.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The thread Ultron PVE Questions answers many of these questions.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28269
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am slightly upset. So you have this big marvel event, and you choose qs to be the biggest featured marvel character. The one character most players will be missing covers for. The worse character you have introduced in months, who originally was great before Y'all changed him.

It wasn't easy, but Y'all found a way to dampen what was supposed to be an awesome event. Congratulations to everyone that spent money buying his covers. Mpq just gave you few a major advantage.

Edit - Congratulations! There are at least 6 people incapable of reading what I wrote. Thank you for putting words in my mouth instead of simply reading and comprehending what I wrote.

Edit - I actually figured out the answer to my own concern. When they were designing the pve qs was still great in his original form. The change was only about a week ago, so there was not enough time to change the pve that substantially even if they wanted to.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One question, I have, based on the original posting.

"You and your alliance will work together to complete as many missions as you can against Ultron Prime!"

I understand the mechanics of everything else. Beat Ultron, beat essential, beat ultron, up to 6x against Ultron in 8 hr period. Alliance beats Ultron, unlocks Ultron Prime node.

How are the Ultron Prime nodes handled? Especially with the sentence "You and your alliance will work together to complete as many missions as you can against Ultron Prime!" in the original post.

Will you be completing these on an individual basis, unlocking rewards for yourself?

Or does your whole alliance have to beat each Ultron Prime node, to unlock the rewards?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am slightly upset. So you have this big marvel event, and you choose qs to be the biggest featured marvel character. The one character most players will be missing covers for. The worse character you have introduced in months, who originally was great before Y'all changed him.

It wasn't easy, but Y'all found a way to dampen what was supposed to be an awesome event. Congratulations to everyone that spent money buying his covers. Mpq just gave you few a major advantage.

Congrats on the first complaint! It wasn't addressed here, but Will did comment on the youtube video.

"Will Jennings-Hess 9 hours ago
    (We're also accounting for the fact that Quicksilver's a recently released character and there have been fewer opportunities to earn covers for him - the missions where he's required are easier than the other ones.)"
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sorry to keep beating the same drum, but in another thread Kabir said that the event starts:
    Noon EDT tomorrow, the 24th. You'll see the mission preview go up in the early evening tonight.

How long will the devs be sticking around and monitoring gameplay before heading off for the weekend?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    How are the Ultron Prime nodes handled? Especially with the sentence "You and your alliance will work together to complete as many missions as you can against Ultron Prime!" in the original post.

Will you be completing these on an individual basis, unlocking rewards for yourself?

Or does your whole alliance have to beat each Ultron Prime node, to unlock the rewards?

I wondered the same thing when I read that sentence. I thought Kabir had made it sound like it was individual on the Prime nodes, but it wasn't clear.
  • Ultron Prime
    Each Round of Avengers Vs. Ultron unlocks a battle against Ultron Prime and his Sentries. Ultron Prime has 3 deadly abilities:
    • Energy Beams is an active ability that deals damage to your entire team.
    • Gravitational Force is an active ability that creates 3 Countdown Tiles. When they detonate, they each drain some AP from the player’s strongest color, and stun the character in front.
    • Hive Mind is a Passive ability. At the start of Ultron Prime’s turn, he chooses a random Strike, Protect or Attack tile belonging to the enemy team, over-writes it with a new strength and then creates a copy on an adjacent Basic tile.
    Hive Mind also prevents Ultron Prime from becoming Stunned.
    On this "secondary" map, is it individual per member of the 20 person leaderboard? Each person will have to beat each of those 8 nodes to get the rewards? It sounds like a regular goons only node against a strong opponent, not like the first Ultron with shared HP for everyone.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanks man! I didn't actually spend money, but I did spend time and effort to make sure I got some QS covers. Really looking forward to Scarlet Witch too!
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lukewin wrote:

Congrats on the first complaint! It wasn't addressed here, but Will did comment on the youtube video.

(We're also accounting for the fact that Quicksilver's a recently released character and there have been fewer opportunities to earn covers for him - the missions where he's required are easier than the other ones.)"

correct, that's why I said "slightly" upset. But it doesn't change three things.

1. If you have a max qs, you have an advantage over other players with the same scaling.

2. Many players were not spending iso til the iso change went into effect. This puts them at a bigger disadvantage as well, or compels them a little more to spend iso before the change.

3. Many players have 0 qs covers. So it doesn't matter how easy the nodes are.

Neither one of these things are earth shattering, especially with rewards mainly alliance based, not individual. However, with all the recent criticism, I do not understand why not go the safe route to avoid more.

Edit - I also said dampen, not ruin or spoil. No need to make more out of what I said than what I actually said.
  • lukewin wrote:

correct, that's why I said "slightly" upset. But it doesn't change three things.

1. If you have a max qs, you have an advantage over other players with the same scaling.

2. Many players were not spending iso til the iso change went into effect. This puts them at a bigger disadvantage as well, or compels them a little more to spend iso before the change.

3. Many players have 0 qs covers. So it doesn't matter how easy the nodes are.

Neither one of these things are earth shattering, especially with rewards mainly alliance based, not individual. However, with all the recent criticism, I do not understand why not go the safe route to avoid more.

Those who don't have QS will just have to do the best they can. Besides no one has Scarlet Witch, and yet she's also a powered up character.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

\i thought most would have QS. some how i have like 7 covers for him without buying any
  • The QS progression cover for Meet R&G was set at a standard low value so it should be pretty easy to at least have a single cover for him.