Avengers vs Ultron event info

Comments

• TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    tcourtney wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    tcourtney wrote:
    Ugh why are 2 of the 5 nodes that unlock after you beat ultron each time for quick silver? that is just flat out stupid!
    They said they knew that it sucked, both needing QS and him being weak, so they made those easier. In fact so far on round 3 they have around 3k HP each sentry, so its fairly easy to win if you dont get unlucky with AI cascades. And they happen a lot.

and if you missed out on QS instead of just getting punished once, you get it twice, pretty stupid move IMHO

This is all supposed to be a big marketing campaign for the Age of Ultron movie so how is having essentials and blocking people from playing it supposed to get you excited for the movie?!?!? RIDICULOUS.

I get buffing people that are in the movie but straight up blocking anyone from playing this event in any capacity at all is counter-productive to the reason for the event in the first place and not very well thought out.

I tried making this point yesterday before the event started. http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28293&start=20#p342594

I was down voted 6 times because people thought I was bringing attention to a non-issue.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know what's the alliance score required for round 6 of ultron?
  • Apologies if this was addressed before, but something this event needs added to it is some way to view the entire score list. It's no good to not be able to see what half of your teams scores are. They could not be playing at all down there for all we know.
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, since I don't have QS, i'm not doing as much as I could be doing, but i'm just going ham on it and doing well. Hopefully i'll have enough points to get QS anyway icon_razz.gif
    Apologies if this was addressed before, but something this event needs added to it is some way to view the entire score list. It's no good to not be able to see what half of your teams scores are. They could not be playing at all down there for all we know.

That is an issue. I know 18 people in our alliance are working, but I can't tell who's working and who's not.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a really fun event. This is how PvE should be.

My only suggestion is never running this against the end of the season, ever again. Just way too much going on to deal with.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    atomzed wrote:
    Anyone know what's the alliance score required for round 6 of ultron?

3 million, up from 2 million in round 5. A battle against ultron scores 19760 if you are trying to see what progression is possible.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Apologies if this was addressed before, but something this event needs added to it is some way to view the entire score list. It's no good to not be able to see what half of your teams scores are. They could not be playing at all down there for all we know.
    This is a major problem since I can only see the top 10 and have to ask people with the lowest scores to post pics, even Demiurge_Kabir wrote in the beginning of this topic ' If you are a commander of your alliance and your leaderboard has 20 members, consider making your alliance private so no one accidentally tries to join a full event. This is very important.' Well I can't see if my leaderboard has 20 members.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    xdogg wrote:
    This is a major problem since I can only see the top 10 and have to ask people with the lowest scores to post pics, even Demiurge_Kabir wrote in the beginning of this topic ' If you are a commander of your alliance and your leaderboard has 20 members, consider making your alliance private so no one accidentally tries to join a full event. This is very important.' Well I can't see if my leaderboard has 20 members.

You could always ask the 10th or 11th ranked member to confirm there are 20 active members. Also, for the middle rounds if you have only 12 active members you could still clear those rounds.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    xdogg wrote:

You could always ask the 10th or 11th ranked member to confirm there are 20 active members. Also, for the middle rounds if you have only 12 active members you could still clear those rounds.

You can also see how many members are in the bracket from the main screen. Won't tell you if they're active, but you'll at least know if they joined.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    tcourtney wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    tcourtney wrote:
    Ugh why are 2 of the 5 nodes that unlock after you beat ultron each time for quick silver? that is just flat out stupid!
    They said they knew that it sucked, both needing QS and him being weak, so they made those easier. In fact so far on round 3 they have around 3k HP each sentry, so its fairly easy to win if you dont get unlucky with AI cascades. And they happen a lot.

and if you missed out on QS instead of just getting punished once, you get it twice, pretty stupid move IMHO
    I tried making this point yesterday before the event started. http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28293&start=20#p342594

I was down voted 6 times because people thought I was bringing attention to a non-issue.

I was bringing this up as well the other day. They used to have introduction then following PVE essential that -didn't- give new rewards, so the playing field was mostly even.

Then they went to the terrible, terrible, pay-to-win (more than ever) back-to-back new character releases, where you have to earn one to have the best chance to get the next one. What?!?

It looked like they had gotten over this: PVE to get QS, then PVE that (I assume he was essential, I didn't play it) didn't have new character. But nope! Instead, the next PVE that brings the new character, even though it doesn't follow the PVE that released QS, still uses QS as essential for 2/5ths of the nodes.

To those saying "ah, no problem, they are easier"...here are my QS nodes during Ultron round 6.

QS 155-159
    QS 155-155
    Black Widow 105-159
    Iron Man 162-163
    Hawkeye 162-182

Every time QS has had about even nodes, and often slightly more difficult nodes. Also QS is boosted much more than others: I think my LT gets +30 levels and my QS gets +90, to make his 0/4/2 (thanks RNG) level 89 butt even more worthless, since I assume his high worthless level scales his enemies higher.
  • Is there anywhere posted the health Ultron has in each round? The alliance I joined isn't very active (only 8 of us are playing and half of that is below 100k), but I'd like to see what waits ahead.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Narkon wrote:
    Is there anywhere posted the health Ultron has in each round? The alliance I joined isn't very active (only 8 of us are playing and half of that is below 100k), but I'd like to see what waits ahead.

I don't think I've seen that posted anywhere, but as far as I know 6 is 3M, 7 is 4.5M and I'm guessing 8 will be 6M.
  • puppychow
    Narkon wrote:
    Is there anywhere posted the health Ultron has in each round? The alliance I joined isn't very active (only 8 of us are playing and half of that is below 100k), but I'd like to see what waits ahead.

I don't think I've seen that posted anywhere, but as far as I know 6 is 3M, 7 is 4.5M and I'm guessing 8 will be 6M.

I believe rounds 4 and 5 are 2 million each. A member of Xmen confirmed round 8 is 6 million health.
  • Not entirely sure where to post feedback on this one given there are soooooo many posts about it so I'm just going to stick it in here.

Concept is a great idea... Getting members of an allience together to work towards a goal that isn't facing off other alliences. The reward structure is a nice idea, but maybe out of reach for a lot of people outside of the top 100 alliences due to various issues as I'll outline some below.

However! It has a lot of bad issues

1. can't see the bottom ten members of your allience, thus you can't really see who is actually contributing or is a deadweight.
    Proposed Solution: Show all twenty members in the score

2. The essentials for the nodes... more or less guarantee no participation for a moderately new player (less than 2 months of playing)
    Proposed Solution: Node requirements should be 1x 1star, 1x 2star, 1x3star, 1x4 star, 1x featured 3star
    You can probably do some other variation but having four nodes needing 3 star characters, basically mean anyone who isn't moderately along the 2 to 3 star transition is ruled out

3.The ultron enemies are way too strong having just passive abilities, it causes no end of cascades, which in turn rules out any for some strategy for a lot of characters that depend on strike, protection, attack tiles. or Ap denial. So you are left with just straight damage heroes else you don't bother taking them. In fact the Ai causing multiple cascades per turn is very demoloralising to play against. Doens't matter if you win or not... when it keeps happening due to AI passive abilities causing endless cascades, you get the picture... ITS NOT FUN!
    Proposed Solution: Turn at least one of the abilities for ultron enemies to one that needs AP, to fire.

That's it for now, there's just too many bad issues for me to go over but those are the main three which have me annoyed. The concept is a good idea, but those three things is what bugs me most.

I hope to see the event more frequently in the future but with the problems addressed, either as I suggested or some other solution that deals with it.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler

1. can't see the bottom ten members of your allience, thus you can't really see who is actually contributing or is a deadweight.
    Proposed Solution: Show all twenty members in the score

2. The essentials for the nodes... more or less guarantee no participation for a moderately new player (less than 2 months of playing)
    Proposed Solution: Node requirements should be 1x 1star, 1x 2star, 1x3star, 1x4 star, 1x featured 3star
    You can probably do some other variation but having four nodes needing 3 star characters, basically mean anyone who isn't moderately along the 2 to 3 star transition is ruled out

3.The ultron enemies are way too strong having just passive abilities, it causes no end of cascades, which in turn rules out any for some strategy for a lot of characters that depend on strike, protection, attack tiles. or Ap denial. So you are left with just straight damage heroes else you don't bother taking them. In fact the Ai causing multiple cascades per turn is very demoloralising to play against. Doens't matter if you win or not... when it keeps happening due to AI passive abilities causing endless cascades, you get the picture... ITS NOT FUN!
    Proposed Solution: Turn at least one of the abilities for ultron enemies to one that needs AP, to fire.

1. Agreed. This needs to be fixed. Being a commander is difficult when you don't know who you need to motivate.

2.Every PvE has essentials, this PvE can still be played without them. And a good portion of the essentials have a 1* or 2* varient that can be used. Requiring a 4* would make the situation worse not better

3. The new goons aren't that hard to fight. Their abilities only activate under certain conditions. Click on them during a fight and learn them. I also suggest bringing a someone that can make protect tiles

The devs did a great job making a new and cool event. Yes it's different than what we are used to...But that is what makes it so cool
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    eaise wrote:
    The new goons aren't that hard to fight.
    Says the guy who's not looking at lv251 goons...
  • Has anyone finished round 8? Can you continue grinding it after his health is 0? I'm at 1 million so I got the last prison reward and my alliance just opened round 8 but I'm not sure if I should keep grinding or if I'll take away other people's progression rewards.
  • puppychow
    Goobady wrote:
    Has anyone finished round 8? Can you continue grinding it after his health is 0? I'm at 1 million so I got the last prison reward and my alliance just opened round 8 but I'm not sure if I should keep grinding or if I'll take away other people's progression rewards.

You should keep grinding because if round 8 is not cleared you won't get the last scarlet witch cover from ultron prime node 8.
  • puppychow wrote:
    Goobady wrote:
    Has anyone finished round 8? Can you continue grinding it after his health is 0? I'm at 1 million so I got the last prison reward and my alliance just opened round 8 but I'm not sure if I should keep grinding or if I'll take away other people's progression rewards.

You should keep grinding because if round 8 is not cleared you won't get the last scarlet witch cover from ultron prime node 8.

If his alliance is already on round 8, they'll still clear round 8 eventually even if one person drops out. One person can't win or lose this thing for an alliance on their own.

If I were in your situation, I'd probably ask the alliance what their preference is until we know if people can keep grinding after round 8 is finished. My preference would probably be for people to back off once they get their million, but other alliances may not want to risk things slowing down too much. I'd also say, the closer the alliance is to finishing round 8, the more likely you can stop grinding.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Goobady wrote:

We've finished round 8, and as of right now no we cannot continue grinding.

Keeping fingers crossed a new bracket will spawn at 8PM EST to let those of us that haven't reached 1M yet keep grinding.

Edit: New sub/bracket did not spawn at the refresh time. So it looks like the current situation is no additional progression points are available after the alliance defeats Round 8. That contradicts dev statements that Ultron battles would remain available after Round 8 for players to do progression. Guessing at this point we won't hear an update from the devs until Monday morning or afternoon when they're back in the office.