Avengers vs Ultron event info

Comments

• Glad to see I'm not the only one... extension on event?
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    So far it's Ultron 1, Avengers 0.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    definitely getting intermittent, random disconnects from server. My alliance has managed to down Ultron for 2 rounds so far. lol And an alliance mate even got a scarlett cover off the special ultron token. icon_lol.gif
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I've beat him 3 times but I'm not seeing his energy go down at all. Any one else getting this?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    OnyxSnake wrote:
    I've beat him 3 times but I'm not seeing his energy go down at all. Any one else getting this?

I was seeing similar (or so I thought) but I think it's server lag. Just be careful when you get it down to zero, because it took a few minutes (for me) to recognize level 1 was complete.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    crashfest 2015
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    So definite question thus far is how the progression works for each Ultron level.

Does it reset (and thus you're fighting your own alliance for rewards) or is it cumulative across the 8 levels?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do like this event, once they get the server glitches ironed out, it's going to be interesting!

I'm trying out 2*Thor, Cyclops and Mystique, my 3 highest color generators, maybe that will help me match at least a few of the colors since I don't have any board controllers leveled very high.

For the sentinels, I'm definitely using Falcon to clear out some of these strike, attack and defense tiles that keep getting generated, whew! Maybe Loki...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We killed Ultron, now what? Cannot get to ultron Prime, all nodes are locked..
  • That's way better than the nothing I'm getting access to right now. Go, go servers!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    So definite question thus far is how the progression works for each Ultron level.

Does it reset (and thus you're fighting your own alliance for rewards) or is it cumulative across the 8 levels?

There are two sets, one for Ultron, one for Ultron Prime. Ultron progressions have 4 rewards, these reset every level, so you could say we're fighting our own alliance for these. Ultron Prime progressions is the one everyone wants, these do not reset. Points from Ultron contribute to both sets of progressions.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    metallion wrote:

There are two sets, one for Ultron, one for Ultron Prime. Ultron progressions have 4 rewards, these reset every level, so you could say we're fighting our own alliance for these. Ultron Prime progressions is the one everyone wants, these do not reset. Points from Ultron contribute to both sets of progressions.

Thanks, it's Ultron Vanilla I wasn't clear on.
  • Ugh why are 2 of the 5 nodes that unlock after you beat ultron each time for quick silver? that is just flat out stupid!
  • tcourtney wrote:
    Ugh why are 2 of the 5 nodes that unlock after you beat ultron each time for quick silver? that is just flat out stupid!
    They said they knew that it sucked, both needing QS and him being weak, so they made those easier. In fact so far on round 3 they have around 3k HP each sentry, so its fairly easy to win if you dont get unlucky with AI cascades. And they happen a lot.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    tcourtney wrote:
    Ugh why are 2 of the 5 nodes that unlock after you beat ultron each time for quick silver? that is just flat out stupid!
    They said they knew that it sucked, both needing QS and him being weak, so they made those easier. In fact so far on round 3 they have around 3k HP each sentry, so its fairly easy to win if you dont get unlucky with AI cascades. And they happen a lot.

and if you missed out on QS instead of just getting punished once, you get it twice, pretty stupid move IMHO
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I can't even see the damned event, nor any PVP. Really really unbelievably frustrating.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I can't even see the damned event, nor any PVP. Really really unbelievably frustrating.

Feel ya buddy, nor can I. I checked the thread just now to see if I was the only one, imagine my surprise to see others in the same boat AND my utter dismay to see that other alliances are already deep into the event and have even won some SW covers. Arrgh!
  • This event sounds really fun! When does it go live?
  • tcourtney wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    tcourtney wrote:

and if you missed out on QS instead of just getting punished once, you get it twice, pretty stupid move IMHO
    I get throwing him in the pool or potential required characters, but making him the guaranteed required character 40% of the time is not great. When I first heard I thought I'd feel differently if I had a Quicksilver. I don't think I would though. It'd be better if the 5 nodes were drawn from that pool and guaranteed to be 5 unique characters. As it is now I'm missing Quicksilver and Hawkeye so there's a chance that in the any given round I can only play 2 out of the 5 character-essential nodes.

I play every day and can't play every node. Hell, on an unlucky draw I can play less than half. If you're looking to bring in new players and bring back in old players you'd think the intent would be to get as many players on as many nodes as possible.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those who were able to play are the Levels FIX or Based on your levels.

Meaning i have a level 1 hero bullseye will he even be useable or will they just laugh at him until he cries and runs home