Avengers vs Ultron event info

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spend 4500 ISO to get a 1 star Hawkeye cover and 650 HP to give him a slot.. wonder if it will be worth keeping a 1 star 1 cover hawkeye or the AI would chew him up and spit him out in 2 seconds
  • slidecage wrote:
    Spend 4500 ISO to get a 1 star Hawkeye cover and 650 HP to give him a slot.. wonder if it will be worth keeping a 1 star 1 cover hawkeye or the AI would chew him up and spit him out in 2 seconds
    Probably the latter, at least u could play the essentials tho
  • How did I miss this post? Oh right it wasn't in event forum -_-
  • Wait, so...

1) New gameplay mode
    2) Deny Alliance hopping meta
    3) Lots of awards
    4) New character for Alliances that reach the final rounds REGARDLESS of placement???

Well done.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Do you have any unclaimed Hawkeye cover rewards in the prologue? You may not need to spend ISO at all.
  • Wait, so...

1) New gameplay mode
    2) Deny Alliance hopping meta
    3) Lots of awards
    4) New character for Alliances that reach the final rounds REGARDLESS of placement???

Well done.
    upvote this person
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keen!

Gonna be even keener after seeing AoU tonight!

Props, devs. Finally some new content that looks fresh and exciting. Nice work.

Now, let's hope my puny casual 5 person alliance has a chance icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    Moon Roach wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Do you have any unclaimed Hawkeye cover rewards in the prologue? You may not need to spend ISO at all.

DOH!! forgot about those. now to go run and look at those early chapters icon_e_smile.gif thanks for that info.

looks like i got most of them found a few
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrGame004 wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    I am slightly upset. So you have this big marvel event, and you choose qs to be the biggest featured marvel character. The one character most players will be missing covers for. The worse character you have introduced in months, who originally was great before Y'all changed him.

It wasn't easy, but Y'all found a way to dampen what was supposed to be an awesome event. Congratulations to everyone that spent money buying his covers. Mpq just gave you few a major advantage.

Congrats on the first complaint! It wasn't addressed here, but Will did comment on the youtube video.

"Will Jennings-Hess 9 hours ago
    (We're also accounting for the fact that Quicksilver's a recently released character and there have been fewer opportunities to earn covers for him - the missions where he's required are easier than the other ones.)"

correct, that's why I said "slightly" upset. But it doesn't change three things.

1. If you have a max qs, you have an advantage over other players with the same scaling.

2. Many players were not spending iso til the iso change went into effect. This puts them at a bigger disadvantage as well, or compels them a little more to spend iso before the change.

3. Many players have 0 qs covers. So it doesn't matter how easy the nodes are.

Neither one of these things are earth shattering, especially with rewards mainly alliance based, not individual. However, with all the recent criticism, I do not understand why not go the safe route to avoid more.

Those who don't have QS will just have to do the best they can. Besides no one has Scarlet Witch, and yet she's also a powered up character.

For the Hulkbuster rerun and also for rounds 6-8 of the first segment, presumably?
  • slidecage
    my hopes are 1 cover for Witch and 1 cover for Hulkbuster anything higher then that i be Very happy but you got to remember if they are 3 stars

3 star top 10 got 3 Top 50 got 2 and top 150 got 1
    I think
    4 star Top 5 got 3 Top 20 got 2 and top 50 got 1

So i would expect the scores to be based on that and how many teams they think can make those ranges- i doubt they are going to be giving out more covers. So I be happy with 1 of each but if i can get more i will keep fighting for them. Love to end up with 3 of each but i wont hold my breathe
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Alliance Gameplay
    In order to enjoy this event, you’ll need to join or start an alliance.

Please be careful when switching alliances before this event. Before you start playing, you’ll be asked if you want to play this event with your current alliance members:
    rvtgY_cQKeCXFUft2kjLNH6e8-GrRLN9z3xypIulumv-9VFcDNEJUHy_87CPxQMBJfxAx9dkZv7hNJd502lDCLUKTuRW6cK3osUlGj3kxt-TaSZFjWZrf-i8gfZzSo3Z1kLW84g
    This event is for 20 players. If you join a new alliance, and 20 people are already playing under that alliance’s name, you’ll start a new event by yourself and won’t be able to play with your current alliance. When you join the event, we recommend posting in alliance chat so new alliance members know how full the event is. If you are a commander of your alliance and your leaderboard has 20 members, consider making your alliance private so no one accidentally tries to join a full event. This is very important.

Can we get clarification if we actually have to be in the alliance we started it with during the entire event? What happens in this scenario:

1. I'm a regular member of alliance "PVPOnly" who are PVP focused only
    2. I leave this alliance and join alliance "PVEUltron" and start the Ultron event
    3. I leave alliance "PVEUltron" midway and re-join my original "PVPOnly" alliance to contribute and get season rewards.

Now, while I continue to play PVE, will it still be associated with the alliance "PVEUltron" and will I be contributing to that alliance so that we can get the event rewards?

The image in the OP seems to indicate this but I'd like to be sure.
  • slidecage
    danae wrote:
    Alliance Gameplay

Please be careful when switching alliances before this event. Before you start playing, you’ll be asked if you want to play this event with your current alliance members:
    rvtgY_cQKeCXFUft2kjLNH6e8-GrRLN9z3xypIulumv-9VFcDNEJUHy_87CPxQMBJfxAx9dkZv7hNJd502lDCLUKTuRW6cK3osUlGj3kxt-TaSZFjWZrf-i8gfZzSo3Z1kLW84g
    This event is for 20 players. If you join a new alliance, and 20 people are already playing under that alliance’s name, you’ll start a new event by yourself and won’t be able to play with your current alliance. When you join the event, we recommend posting in alliance chat so new alliance members know how full the event is. If you are a commander of your alliance and your leaderboard has 20 members, consider making your alliance private so no one accidentally tries to join a full event. This is very important.

Can we get clarification if we actually have to be in the alliance we started it with during the entire event? What happens in this scenario:

2. I leave this alliance and join alliance "PVEUltron" and start the Ultron event
    3. I leave alliance "PVEUltron" midway and re-join my original "PVPOnly" alliance to contribute and get season rewards.

Now, while I continue to play PVE, will it still be associated with the alliance "PVEUltron" and will I be contributing to that alliance so that we can get the event rewards?

i think they said something like this..

you join the event under Team a. you then leave team a and jump to b , c, d,e . You points only go into team A total.

so how you asked all of your pts would only go into team PVE ULTRON and no matter what team you jump to

at least how i understand it
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    slidecage wrote:
    danae wrote:
    Alliance Gameplay

i think they said something like this..

you join the event under Team a. you then leave team a and jump to b , c, d,e . You points only go into team A total.

so how you asked all of your pts would only go into team PVE ULTRON and no matter what team you jump to

at least how i understand it

I didn't notice that this was answered in another thread already. For those who might not have read that thread:
    Hey guys, we're still working on the FAQ for this but it's important so I'm posting more info here.

If you're alliance hopping, you need to be VERY careful. The AvU leaderboard is for 20 people, so if your 20 person alliance joins the event leaderboard, you'll play the event with those 20 people. You can all leave the alliance and join another one. All the rewards for the event go to the people in that 20 person leaderboard; there are no alliance rewards. I hope that makes sense.

The thing you need to be VERY CAREFUL of: If you form a 20 person alliance and then all join the AvU event, your leaderboard is full. If one person leaves the alliance, and someone else joins the alliance and tries to enter the event, they will get stuck in a leaderboard by themselves. I would recommend that you post how many people are in your leaderboard in alliance chat, so no one accidentally tries to join after 20 people are in the event.

We can't fix this for that player; there's nothing we can do to switch them out of that leaderboard. They'll be stuck by themself (or with anyone else that joins late) in the event, and there's no scaling for smaller alliances.

It's not ideal, and we're working on fixing this, but it won't be ready in time for both runs of this event.
  • This is exactly what this game has needed. I don't want to speak too soon, but this sounds amazing. Kudos, devs.
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort, but sounds like this will pay off if there aren't any technical issues. Love new exciting events! I want to start it right now!
  • Hopefully they will break with tradition and keep a couple people around the office over the weekend in case something goes wrong. This event sounds like it'll be a lot of fun as long as it all works icon_e_smile.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    I've been pretty negative lately but this is great. I hope their higher ups notice the effort to create something new and generating a buzz for the new movie, this is not just another boring rehash. This is cool like the Wolverine PvE or Gauntlet.

I don't even care if it's fun or not, I'm very happy that they are coming up with new stuff, new modes, fresh ideas. If it's fun, perfect, if not, thank you just for the novelty and keep it up.

Also finally a true PvE, no grinding vs others for placement.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just one question regarding the essential missions. Will or will not Nick Fury be an essential node?
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    I've just one question regarding the essential missions. Will or will not Nick Fury be an essential node?

I think they said yes in the video, they even made a little quip about Fury having only one version

I don't think they mean 4thor as being a version of thor though
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cayasha wrote:
    Hopefully they will break with tradition and keep a couple people around the office over the weekend in case something goes wrong. This event sounds like it'll be a lot of fun as long as it all works icon_e_smile.gif

No, they've actually sent a bunch of them to C2E2 - which, if I understand American Geography correctly, is a completely different state.