Avengers Vs. Ultron

Options

Comments

• Essentials I've been running teams like what I use for Goon nodes in regular PVE. Bringing people to deal with tiles.

Main Ultron I have been finding luck so far with 3* torch of all people. low cost/high damage makes most matches go by quickly. Pairing him with IF for the regenerating passive helps a lot too.

Ultron Prime I did well on the first node, but don't remember who I brought. Second one was ALOT harder but still managed the win at the last minute. Definitely need someone to deal with all the blasted tiles. Daredevil or Capt Marvel(who have also come in handy on the essentials), or board shakers like Mohawk Storm/Juggs/or even Grocket work better than Falcon as there are just too many tiles for him to keep up with.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just ran into a bug. Played the Iron Man essential node and won. Ultron node remained locked and countdown went to over 8 hours. Last essential node is showing unlocked.

edit----

Went back in 10 minutes later and essentials were locked and Ultron node was open. Between connectivity issues and this I guess patience is the operative word
  • My alliance is made up of personal friends and mostly defunct... I'm used to just playing through events on my own. I didn't realize the alliance cumulative score on this event is not only helpful, but necessary.

I played through all the Ultron Round 1 and now I'm slightly less than halfway through his hit points, with no ability to play further for 8 hours - and it's going to take forever to kill him if I can only play the middle round every eight hours now.

I tried changing alliances to a bigger one but my score obviously didn't carry over. Am I completely screwed for this event now, or is there something I'm missing?

I really hope this alliance-dependent thing doesn't continue. It's supposedly meant to make it easier to get the rewards, but it's completely and utterly unfair to anyone who is a good player but has a **** alliance.
  • Are people able to get in now? After getting booted from event and having it reset, now I can't get into any events, even PvP. Just lost out on the Steve Rodgers cover I desperately needed.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    I'm in, they had to beat ultron to allow the other server to work apparently. Come on Devs, you can do it, open those servers up. icon_lol.gif
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    freakygeek wrote:
    Just ran into a bug. Played the Iron Man essential node and won. Ultron node remained locked and countdown went to over 8 hours. Last essential node is showing unlocked.

edit----

Went back in 10 minutes later and essentials were locked and Ultron node was open. Between connectivity issues and this I guess patience is the operative word

I've gotten the same behavior...beat Ultron and see 8-hour countdown until he's available to fight again, with all nodes unlocked...defeat a node and then all nodes are locked, with Ultron available to fight again...beat him again, and now the defeated node is "red checked" with everything else open...rinse and repeat...

I don't have Hulk though, so I can't get to a "all nodes red checked" state...
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    my alliance is in round 3. i personally have done ultron and all 5 essentials and am locked on an 8 hour timer. is there any mention of the essentials "unlocking" if you wait the full 8 hour timer?? if not im stuck at the mercy of my alliance mates killing him to advance to round 4.

tokens have been decent. pulled my first elektra aka new roster slot, and two 3*s which were both scrapped icon_twisted.gif

so far patch has been my mvp letting him take the hits where needed and regening away. the cascades with the bots is insane sometimes.
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    the event looks like fun, too bad many of us cant play.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Play a match, comm link disrupted, play a match, comm link disrupted.

Well, At least I can play a match. in between the disruption.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, consistency to login aside, I just completed all nodes, and defeated Ultron for the final time (even though the Alliance hit points read zero).

And the next stage (prime) is still showing that it is locked and that I need to defeat Ultron to unlock it.

Ugh.
  • Vinny The Fish
    Vinny The Fish Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Seems like an awesome event, but almost my entire alliance is stuck not being able to get into the event or see their other events. Right now its just me and one other guy, so hopefully they fix it fast or extend the event
  • It sucks still not being able to play and missing tokens and rewards. icon_e_sad.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So Patch is fun against the Sentries, specifically whichever one eats tiles to heal themselves.

Cast Berzerker, the Sentries remove the bad tiles. Sure they heal, but who cares when you have 1k in strike tiles out
  • patch loki and IF BP seem to be the best teams for essentials
  • Ruibarian
    Ruibarian Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For everyone who isn't bright enough to find the pattern, the buffed heroes are obviously just the heroes coming to the AoU movie that comes out next week.
  • Ronburgundy
    Ronburgundy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mpq just crashed on me. It went to only have the original Dark Reign nodes and now it's Comm Link Disrupted. Too bad, I was liking this Ultron mission to that point.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ruibarian wrote:
    For everyone who isn't bright enough to find the pattern, the buffed heroes are obviously just the heroes coming to the AoU movie that comes out next week.

VJsw1MaU_400x400.jpeg
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I have to admit I'm having a lot of fun w/ this event. My alliance mates (1/2 of them showed up at noon est) went crazy and jumped right in. I only did 3 matches in round 1 before it was already over. LOL It was an absolute feeding frenzy b/c everyone wanted to accumulate points asap. Now we're in round 5, and ultron is down to his last 100k health (5%). Hopefully I can start round 6 before I go to bed. icon_lol.gif
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Re: the Quicksilver essentials

I'm somewhat coming around on QS. His black is pretty good -- I can often use it to create a match-5 or match-4, or two match-3s. That's a pretty good AP return, depending on how cheap the black is when you spend it. (I've realized that the damage element of his black is incidental.). Plus it's decent at clearing away special tiles. Or I'll use it to match blue, if there's enough locked tiles on the board.

That's another thing... Ultron's goons seem to love matching blue. I've had his blue explosion happen several times, with little effort from me, including twice in one match! Too bad I only have two covers in it.

Edit: I should note I'm running him with Patch, so I don't use QS's green. But Berserker Rage makes QS's powers that much more effective.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a little more than surprised how well Psylocke's Bewilder of all things works against these goon bots! Every time I get it off it's stealing the full 16 AP! I had one use that stole 16 Blue, enough to use it twice more which each stole Green & Red, feeding both my Sniper Rifle more Psychic Knives than those bots could stand. icon_lol.gif

Anyone who is in the process of building their Psylock and happens to have 4 or 5 Blue covers, this is that abilities chance to shine! Just make sure you build a rainbow team because it's pretty non-impressive still when she steals a ton of AP for a color you have no Active abilities in.