Avengers Vs. Ultron

Options

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm afraid your sarcasm detector has been malfunctioning. You should take it in for repairs before someone tries to sell off their Hood for the slot to build a Moonstone.
  • Something new! Should be fun
    But yea those rewards in the event preview look pretty underwhelming.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does anyone think it's going to scale based on the SIZE of your alliance? Or is everyone in a small alliance just boned?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone think it's going to scale based on the SIZE of your alliance? Or is everyone in a small alliance just boned?
    also wondering how they are going to scale based on avg levels or something. there are solid pve alliances with not one 166 among them and some high finishing pve players that don't even have 94s, one in my sim slice now. will be interesting. hope furie isn't required too much, he's the only one I don't have besides the 1*s and **cap, but I have different bw/hawk/cap characters.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I'm afraid your sarcasm detector has been malfunctioning. You should take it in for repairs before someone tries to sell off their Hood for the slot to build a Moonstone.
    I was responding to Moon Roach, but I didn't quote his post.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Keeping in mind that I'm an obsessive **** that spent 750HP last night to add 1* Hawkeye, missing an essential here is not the death knell it is in other events. It means you'll only be able to hit Ultron 5 times in his 8 hour period instead of 6. Not the end of the world to not have Fury or one of the 3*s (assume almost everyone competitive has the 1/2* characters)

I'm highly skeptical that this will require anything near optimal play, under the condition that you get full contribution from your alliance. Every player that doesn't contribute will push the others closer towards the optimal path, but I think if you have a strong PvE alliance, or even a subset of strong PvE players typically, you'll be fine in this event.

Maybe I'm being unnecessarily optimistic, but I sense the top 100-150 obsessive alliances will clear this thing quickly (meaning something like 2.5 days instead of 4.5)
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Keeping in mind that I'm an obsessive **** that spent 750HP last night to add 1* Hawkeye, missing an essential here is not the death knell it is in other events. It means you'll only be able to hit Ultron 5 times in his 8 hour period instead of 6. Not the end of the world to not have Fury or one of the 3*s (assume almost everyone competitive has the 1/2* characters)

I'm highly skeptical that this will require anything near optimal play, under the condition that you get full contribution from your alliance. Every player that doesn't contribute will push the others closer towards the optimal path, but I think if you have a strong PvE alliance, or even a subset of strong PvE players typically, you'll be fine in this event.

Maybe I'm being unnecessarily optimistic, but I sense the top 100-150 obsessive alliances will clear this thing quickly (meaning something like 2.5 days instead of 4.5)

HAwks1 red TU is going to be great too for knocking off those Ultron tiles , cost is low
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    _xdrew wrote:
    How come there's no OBW powered up in this event? The video said all the avengers characters would be powered up. All models would be powered up.

Scarlett Johansson did not like the outfit
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    HAwks1 red TU is going to be great too for knocking off those Ultron tiles , cost is low

That's actually a very good point, but I doubt I'll use Hawkeye against Ultron, only added him for the Essentials.

I plan on trying the "lock the top row with IW" trick instead. Cap-IW and "it depends how much health Ultron has in an individual battle." Likely Doom or one of the other 10k in one shot characters like XForce.

Speaking of, I wonder if this really contributed to the 4Thor nerf. Even without the stun, her doing 5-digit damage quickly would sort of make the event trivial, I sense.
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    The drawback here - it removes a row which would bring other ultron bombs 1 row lower.
    I'm thinking of CapAm with IM40 for red generation
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    http://www.themarysue.com/black-widow-ultron-merch/

Disney Excludes Black Widow From Avengers: Age of Ultron Merch

maybe this is why...
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    the Prize packs are only 50 HP each? roughly 25% chance of a 3 star, 4 star, or more HP/ISO... these might be worth gambling on.

****. i never realized the "daily deal" only applied to the first one you open. clicked through the 2nd one and lost 500 HP, oops!
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried to join the event multiple times, and an error message popped up.

Am I the only one experiencing the issue?
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Either I was kicked from my alliance, or MPQ took a bit of a tinykitty icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I also have the "something went awry" issue.
  • _M4ru_
    _M4ru_ Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Same thing here, can't join. Lol, d3 icon_e_wink.gif
  • Same problem as others and now having trouble connecting to MPQ.
  • I defeat Ultron then the Hulk node but now I can't see any events (including Simulator, PVP events, etc..). There is just the story missions..

Looks like the servers crashed
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same, we took down v1 Ultron and it didn't unlock Ultron prime node - rebooted, no events are available...
  • safaridan
    safaridan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same issue, beat ultron then the quicksilver node and frozen...