Avengers Vs. Ultron

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Bugs aside, who are you using? For the Ultron fights, I have been doing GSBW/Psylocke/Blade. My thinking is that Blade will put up Strike tiles with the board churn, Psylocke gets some cheap powers to activate quickly, and Black Widow is board control in an emergency. In practice for Round 1, Black Widow was too slow to do much since Ultron had 6800 or so health (I had enough for a Pistol once and got close to a Sniper Shot once). I may have been lucky with matching away bomb tiles... once or twice I have gotten to the penultimate row but no actual explosions.

For the Essentials, I have brought in Magneto to put up protects and hopefully overwrite enemy tiles. I tried the new Doc Ock twice, Blue still doesn't do much clearing even with a saturated board, but the Black attack tiles can pile up. I went back to using Magneto's Blue to stop the healers.

Ultron I'm using Cap-IW-Doom. Rainbow and Doom's purple is enough to one shot him, at least on the first two levels.

Essential I only used the Cap one so far, which ran Thor-Cap-Doom.

None of the matches in the first two levels took very long. Didn't deal with Ultron Prime yet.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First Ultron Prize Pack won, and opened. Moonstone. I am shocked, shocked I tell you.
  • Good thing they always launch new content on Fridays then head straight out the door for the weekend. What could possibly go wrong.
  • Does Falcon's blue remove the Drop tile? What if the tile is webbed/locked/etc - is it still active?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the Ultron node, I'm just running two stars. Thor+Hawkeye work really well, and Ultron doesn't have a high health pool yet in Round 3.
    For the Ultron Sentry nodes, I'm either running Hulk+Thor+Daken or Cap+IM40+Hood, depending on which Avenger is required. I'm kinda avoiding the QS nodes so far.

Haven't started the Ultron Prime nodes. Mostly because I think that if your alliance defeats Ultron too fast, you may not receive the HP reward in the subs. Not too sure about that though.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bagman's purple and blue are both useful against those drop tiles. Blue locks the tile and purple moves it back up to the top.

Falcon's Redwing does not affect the drop tile.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my first pass on Ultron I ran 2* Captain America, IM40 (only 0/1/1, but he served his purpose) and Kamala Khan (2/1/1). I had a slightly favorable board to get going and it went quite smoothly. The plan was to save my A-team for finishing up Simulator, but with MPQ going down I guess it doesn't matter...

I'm a fairly casual player in a super-casual alliance, though, so I'm just enjoying the new event type more than actually expecting to get any serious rewards.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if Moonstone's purple affects the bomb tiles. Hmmmm.
  • We're getting huge pauses every time we kill an ultron (we're at the third). The servers are coughing up blood, it seems
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    i cant get into the game at all now, well done on the new event
  • vs Ultron using Hulk Modern Hawkeye 2*&3* Thor depending on health
    for the waves doing the Hulk and Thors combo.

Thunder Strikes leading into Thunderous Claps can really clear all those specialty tiles.

2 gold tokes so far, both 2* pulls.

Sorry if its been asked but do we need to get Ultron down to 0 health to unlock the Ultron Prime nodes?
  • Entered event, beat Ultron and both Quicksilver nodes, now they're all locked again like I never played them. No progress, yet I still lost all that health from my main heroes...

Also, from my limited playing, Quicksilver really sucks vs Ultron. Those locked tiles from his blue power were really screwing me over from trying to clear out his special tiles before they hit the bottom.
  • PurdyPrince
    PurdyPrince Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes his health needs to be at zero.
  • aaaaand the event is no longer on the app. Fastest event ever. Guess everyone starting at the same time crashed everything
  • Still can't play the event. icon_e_sad.gif
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cant.get.on!and my pvp score is down because i cant get on that either!
  • The first prime node stomped my full covered 3* team.

How can level 87 goons create so many strike tiles that turn into 2 crit tiles each turn ugh
  • Atros
    Atros Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They each have 2 passives that do various things, including the tile smashing, attack/strike/defend tiles.

Overall... the actual event I really like... well... what bit I've seen. The technical issues involved? Not so much.
  • safaridan
    safaridan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anyone else having connection problems? Game says check connection, I have it, on it now. Can't do anything, frustrated!
  • Curiosity
    Curiosity Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fun event, but connection issues are annoying.

We have killed Ultron to 0 health, and I've smashed every node until locked, but the Prime node isn't opened. I assume that's just the system rather than something I'm doing wrong.