Avengers Vs. Ultron

Options

Comments

• Is Round 4 bugged? I completed main node once, then a sentry node, but main node is still on refresh! Or are multiple Sentry nodes required to get rid of the refresh for round 4???

Edit: ended up only being able to do 5 Ultron fights total in Round 4 before the unskippable refresh, since the first Sentry node didn't remove the refresh from the first fight...
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wiped hard on Round 4 node. wth?

LCap is garbage, he can't get his protect tiles out fast enough

Patch gets downed quick, i've never seen so many cascades and crits before.
  • Avizor
    Avizor Posts: 5
    Options
    Come on Guys, your screwing this Game up IMO.

Core Meltdown and all those other Abilities from those Sentrie's are really effing me up. This aint no fun, this is bulls*it.
  • mjh wrote:
    Just wiped hard on Round 4 node. wth?

LCap is garbage, he can't get his protect tiles out fast enough

Patch gets downed quick, i've never seen so many cascades and crits before.

So long as you get the gunner quick it shouldn't be much of a problem, gunners are the only ones that can actually hurt you. If you have a good Luke Cage he does a lot of work negating pretty much all the damage, just focus on the special tiles and you will take a max of like 100 damage a round. I am on round 5 and am not having anything resembling a problem yet.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Round 5
    Quicksilver essential

The team i went in with
    3* Thor lvl 137 (unboosted) 3/5/5
    Spidey lvl 135 3/5/5
    Quicksilver lvl 40 (unboosted) 1/3/2

Thor goes down in 1st wave and i'm not even halfway through the 1st wave. Damn AI cascades and Core Meltdowns.

So all i'm left is a half dead Spidey and an almost full health QS. Would it have made sense to retreat? Anyway i didn't cos i Wth i might as well go down fighting. Grabbed whatever i could and i ended up with protect tiles dropping damage to 1, Spidey healing both of them to almost full health, Quickie's Fists of Fury generating critical tiles which his Idle Hands placed in strategic positions, Spidey's stun and QS Supersonic actually going off once. And i ended up winning the node with almost full health on QS and Spidey.

Pffft. Who needs Thor these days. Spidey and Quicksilver for the win!
  • Nymr83 wrote:
    the Prize packs are only 50 HP each? roughly 25% chance of a 3 star, 4 star, or more HP/ISO... these might be worth gambling on.

****. i never realized the "daily deal" only applied to the first one you open. clicked through the 2nd one and lost 500 HP, oops!

I got excited from your first line and also went and bought 2 of them. To realize that the daily deal applies only for the 1st pick. Then I read your' 2nd line.

Stupid is, stupid does.
  • I joined an alliance with 16 members hoping to do relatively well, but only 8 members are playing so far. So far, in round 3 Ultron has 113k health left and I am first scorer with 64460. I guess that's it for me and the progression rewards. I assume SW will also be out of reach. I hate that this event depends so much on alliances. It's like they are giving the middle finger to casual players and those who joined an alliance that isn't very active. For many seasons we had 4* covers being available exclusively to good alliance, now we see this happen to 3* as well. This game is getting more frustrating with every passing day.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    I joined an alliance with 16 members hoping to do relatively well, but only 8 members are playing so far. So far, in round 3 Ultron has 113k health left and I am first scorer with 64460. I guess that's it for me and the progression rewards. I assume SW will also be out of reach. I hate that this event depends so much on alliances. It's like they are giving the middle finger to casual players and those who joined an alliance that isn't very active. For many seasons we had 4* covers being available exclusively to good alliance, now we see this happen to 3* as well. This game is getting more frustrating with every passing day.
    Its about time they gave the middle finger to casual players if u ask me.
  • Just double checking - do the Prime nodes scale up as we complete them? I wrote down all the levels I see, but haven't played any of them yet (My alliance has opened 4, the 5th will be open very shortly)
  • Narkon wrote:
    I joined an alliance with 16 members hoping to do relatively well, but only 8 members are playing so far. So far, in round 3 Ultron has 113k health left and I am first scorer with 64460. I guess that's it for me and the progression rewards. I assume SW will also be out of reach. I hate that this event depends so much on alliances. It's like they are giving the middle finger to casual players and those who joined an alliance that isn't very active. For many seasons we had 4* covers being available exclusively to good alliance, now we see this happen to 3* as well. This game is getting more frustrating with every passing day.

This is a dumb thing to say. I consider myself a casual player these days because I am not part of an alliance (can't stand the **** and moaning about not getting 800+ in every pvp) and I play only on the pvps I want. Why should SW be out of reach for me when my personal progression is good? I joined an alliance without knowing that only half the players are playing in the pve and I am already #2 in Ultron Prime score with 160k. Because of the **** alliance system I am now locked in a bracket with only 8 more players and only 3 of them are 75k+ after 3 rounds (We just opened round 4).
  • CaseyJones
    Options
    Nymr83 wrote:
    ****. i never realized the "daily deal" only applied to the first one you open. clicked through the 2nd one and lost 500 HP, oops!
    I did exactly the same thing. icon_e_sad.gif

My thoughts on Ultron PVE.
    Considering all the hype I was really excited too - it seemed that we will have opportunity to play something new, something really cool in MPQ. I started playing right after event had started. I'm gonna skip problems with connecting, what was first annoying thing - **** happens.
    We quickly finished first 2 rounds - what a great idea of event I thought. Opened few Ultron Prize Packs - only 2* ****. That was second annoying thing considering that majority of people were pulling mostly 3*. Then round 3 started which showed me that it may not be so cool with all those AI cascades and frustrating Sentries abilities. Round 4 was really tough, I was barely able to finish it.
    We are playing round 5 at the moment and it's not possible for me to finish all the nodes what means that I will be wiped out in round 6. It also means that I'm gonna miss all of most important rewards. Too bad. At least I pulled Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch and Loki from Prize Packs today.

So to sum up, it is very good idea of the event, but I was basically hoping for more in the matter of ability to finish it for non-hardcore players.

What percentage of players will be able to finish all the nodes in 9 rounds? Quite curious about that.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Just double checking - do the Prime nodes scale up as we complete them? I wrote down all the levels I see, but haven't played any of them yet (My alliance has opened 4, the 5th will be open very shortly)
    Nope. Final one is 212
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Just double checking - do the Prime nodes scale up as we complete them? I wrote down all the levels I see, but haven't played any of them yet (My alliance has opened 4, the 5th will be open very shortly)
    Nope. Final one is 212

Thank you. Interestingly enough, I can see the numbers of them all before I start, and none of mine are 212. Personal scaling?
    Mine are as follows (before starting any...):

1. 96/97/97
    2. 109/109/109
    3. 123/124/124
    4. 132/133/132
    5. 136/137/136
    6. 159/159/159
    7. 151/151/151
    8. 181/182/181
  • Currently on round 6. 3 million health and normal difficulty. As a player with only maxed 2* stars, this getting difficult. Ultron does 3000, which can one shots most of my characters.Not sure how I can get all the progression points before the event ends.
    They should of made the refresh time 4hrs. Some of the sentry modes are getting more difficult. 4hrs would allow me to get atleast some of the progression rewards and not have to feel bad about dying to ultron. It's not fun to lose and have to wait 8 hours just to try again.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Nope. Final one is 212

Thank you. Interestingly enough, I can see the numbers of them all before I start, and none of mine are 212. Personal scaling?
    Mine are as follows (before starting any...):

1. 96/97/97
    2. 109/109/109
    3. 123/124/124
    4. 132/133/132
    5. 136/137/136
    6. 159/159/159
    7. 151/151/151
    8. 181/182/181

Definitely personal scaling - mine top out at 248. There's a thread comparing what scaling people see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28399
  • Mrx0 wrote:
    Currently on round 6. 3 million health and normal difficulty. As a player with only maxed 2* stars, this getting difficult. Ultron does 3000, which can one shots most of my characters.Not sure how I can get all the progression points before the event ends.
    They should of made the refresh time 4hrs. Some of the sentry modes are getting more difficult. 4hrs would allow me to get atleast some of the progression rewards and not have to feel bad about dying to ultron. It's not fun to lose and have to wait 8 hours just to try again.

I'm a bit in the same boat as you... round 6 is killing me. I tried Ultron twice and was smashed so badly... couldn't even put him half life...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Narkon wrote:

This is a dumb thing to say. I consider myself a casual player these days because I am not part of an alliance (can't stand the **** and moaning about not getting 800+ in every pvp) and I play only on the pvps I want. Why should SW be out of reach for me when my personal progression is good? I joined an alliance without knowing that only half the players are playing in the pve and I am already #2 in Ultron Prime score with 160k. Because of the **** alliance system I am now locked in a bracket with only 8 more players and only 3 of them are 75k+ after 3 rounds (We just opened round 4).

D3 is forcing players to make a choice---play casual and have zero shot at SW cover, unless you're lucky w/ a token. Or join a more hardcore alliance that goes into every round w/ guns ablazing. Unfortunately, you can't go casual and expect to reach those last 3 ultron rounds.

It is interesting, though, that D3 made quicksilver covers the final 3 individual progression rewards, with hard-to-get bk being the easier to obtain. I already have 500,000+ points and got that cover, my second bk QS cover. So personally I'm fine w/ it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    saurus wrote:
    I am on round 5 and am not having anything resembling a problem yet.
    What levels are your opponents?
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Narkon wrote:

Not really;and u should have joined a reputable alliance or checked that every1 is goin to be doin it in the alliance u joined.after all the nerfs and,the stupid mmr its about time that people who have been playin for a long time and have put time and money into this game get something back instead of pandering to people that pick this game up and then move on to the next big thing.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So looking at some quick back of the napkin math.

Optimally, 20 members x 6 hits x 3 times a day x 4.5 days + 7 unlocks (which resets everything) = 2460 hits of Ultron available.

I didn't write down exact health numbers for Ultron, but from what I do have (and guessing on level 8), it's about 850 hits to clear the whole thing.

So defintely doable at a leisure pace, so long as there is full cooperation. Can be done with as little as 7 playing optimally.

I'm expecting first alliances done by tomorrow night, roughly.

Edit: Adding the progression reward.

One full clear of every level gets to around 750k. With an extra clear at level 7 and 8, you have your million. Again, reachable as long as you can unlock the last level (see above) and participate consistently.