Avengers Vs. Ultron

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    We aren't going to finish Round 6, so my alliance isn't going to be able to get the SW cover.

Two of us are over a million (despite missing out on the higher round = higher points), one is over 850K, one is going to clear 750K, three have 300K, the rest are below 100K.

What a frustrating event.

No matter how hard you grind, if your alliance isn't really active you aren't going anywhere. Four of us should have been able to get two or three SW covers based on the amount of work that we put in if we were in a more active alliance.

Now, I think I'm the only one in the alliance with a SW from the reward packs. So I'm going to probably miss out on the hulkbuster covers too, since I'm going to be the only one in the alliance getting five nodes.

The worst of it is, if Ultron hadn't frozen at 0 health on Saturday night without opening the next round and if the server problems on the first day hadn't kept a few of our members from playing the event, we would have been able to finish round six without a doubt.

Reparations:

D3 needs to make amends for the multiple issues with this event, namely:

1) Server issues on D1;
    2) Ultron not clearing at zero health (or Ultron showing 0 health when he was not dead);
    3) Nodes not giving points on a reliable basis;
    4) D3 not explaining that Ultron event could no longer be cleared after round eight;
    5) Ultron bombs staying alive even after Ultron dies; and
    6) Ultron bombs being matched on the bottom row causing them to explode anyway.

I'm talking about a free Scarlet Witch cover for everyone who participated or an Ultron Event Token reward 10 pack so that people can get the chance to draw the SW covers that they are missing.

Edit:

7) Failing to explain that the Ultron nodes would unlock every eight hours, despite showing the Ultron timer as always being eight hours from the last time that he was defeated... there should have been some timer to indicate how long until the nodes would refresh.
  • blinktag wrote:
    So, this may sound a bit odd, but the best char I've found for the Ultron Prime battles is .... 1* hawkeye. I prime him with 2x red/(yellow) and 2x purple/(blue). In 60–80% of the battles, I can use his abilities to stop every bomb until I build up enough juice in the other char's abilities to drop a ton of damage. (I'm backing him up w/ Luke Cage 3/5/5, and Deadpool 5/5/3). Admittedly, Deadpool isn't a great choice, because of the power color overlap.

In any case, my standout hero for Ultron Prime is ... icon_hawkeye.png

Yep. I built and maxed a 1 star.png Hawkeye in 24hrs just for taking on Ultron. Run him with XF and Cyclops. When Hawkeye isn't ready to go, use FX to surgically remove black bombs, use green for the others as needed. Cyclops yellow can match away red and create match 4s and 5s, power up Hawkeye some more.

Best alt was Hulk. Pretty much the same as hulkbombing. Let the bombs hit. Give Ultron the clap for more damage and bomb removal.

Only wiped out once the whole event, when Ultron put (SIX!) bombs in a column. Kept coming up blank. When the first touched down, they ALL rippled. Ouch.

As for battling Sentries ....
      • Bring shields. Luke Cage is best, Spidey second best. Bring the essential, and a team damage dealer (3Thor works nicely) •
    Let the Sentries make their specials, don't focus on destroying them. Many of their power fire when fewer than some number of special tiles don't exist. Focus on creating and maintaining your own shields, and farming AP. Let your shields soak up all the incoming fire while you charge up heavy attacks.
    • Flyers can be extremely irritating. They heal their team when they are below 50%. Save them for last, or one-shot them.
    Take out gunners first(But gunners might be bugged as evidenced in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28554). Because there's so much Board shake, bringing along Loki, Carol 3*, or Hulk might be a good idea. My preferred team was Daken/Blade but sometimes the gunners(or Flyers) would cheese out my Daken to death. If I had a leveled Shulkie I'd use her. But Falcon/Luke Cage was a good team, kind of slow, but saved health packs since you have to do 6 Survival nodes and Ultron if you want a full clear.

Sentries weren't really that hard. But they have "two turns"(board shake + matching) so they always damaged my characters. It's like Ragnarok 4.0!
  • Can't even play game kicked me out with Facebook error and now no events
  • Atros
    Atros Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    With all these errors, it seems like they should give everybody the reward for whatever there next Ultron prime kill would end up being. I know my alliance was really damn close to getting the first Scarlet Witch cover before I had to pause for a couple hours to try to let health packs build back up. If the event was working properly, I've no doubt that I'd have that cover now.
  • Atros wrote:
    With all these errors, it seems like they should give everybody the reward for whatever there next Ultron prime kill would end up being. I know my alliance was really damn close to getting the first Scarlet Witch cover before I had to pause for a couple hours to try to let health packs build back up. If the event was working properly, I've no doubt that I'd have that cover now.
    D3 said to send a support ticket, did u do that?
  • Some_Dude
    Some_Dude Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    We are supposed to submit a support ticket for missed opportunity from this second outage? Us finishing round 8 was iffy, but I know I would have hit 1 mil points.
  • Some_Dude wrote:
    We are supposed to submit a support ticket for missed opportunity from this second outage? Us finishing round 8 was iffy, but I know I would have hit 1 mil points.
    If you feel anything that D3 did or didn't do prevented you from XYZ, you can send a ticket. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28603#p346612

EX:
    -Servers went out
    -Your alliance finished the event so you didn't get max progression
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Our alliance cleared Ultron with four hours remaining! Go All Stars Only! Great job guys!
  • Our alliance didn't have a hope of finishing round 8, at least I hope the outage ends with enough time for me to get the 2nd Scarlet Witch reward!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, after being locked out of everything for most of the evening, I tried one last time before bed and was able to get on and do the two Ultron clears I needed to finally get a Quicksilver progression cover. I was going to log off, but decided to give QS one quick spin to test him out on an essential node. That node gave me a token which gave me Scarlet Witch. Better lucky than good, right? This seems like a good point to call it quits for the night. I have to say, it was a really nice way to end what was a generally fun event, give or take some server outages. icon_e_smile.gif

Good luck to all those who still need to grind the end. I will not even try logging on in the hopes that it frees up bandwidth for someone who needs it...
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok, finally got in, but anyone else only getting 10% of the node value for Ultron? Supposed to be 26k (Round 7), but I'm only getting 2.6k...

Edit: oh nevermind, it's just the display. After next battle, the point total was corrected anyway.
  • Out of curiosity, how many points did people score in alliances where phase 8 was cleared? I sat at 1.5mil with 20h left when we finished phase 7. Since we weren't going to reach the last witch i took a day off at the end.
  • Mutanity wrote:
    Out of curiosity, how many points did people score in alliances where phase 8 was cleared? I sat at 1.5mil with 20h left when we finished phase 7. Since we weren't going to reach the last witch i took a day off at the end.

I hit 1.63 million. cleared round 8 around 16hours before the event ended. I think I missed rounds 3 & 4 completely and also took it easy towards the end to allow the other alliance mates to play more to hit the progression rewards.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Overall, a big thumbs up for the event. Rewards well distributed among steps, gradual scaling (no scaling at all on each phase, and progressive increase every phase), being able to push and help alliance even if you do not actually win the ultron fight.

Two big but fixable cons: server health and not being able to grind for personal progression once you beat last phase (as seen on forums; I only cleared 5th).
  • CaseyJones
    Options
    I want to say few words about Ultron event - it was real fun! Frustrating as well with all those core meltdowns and endless cascades, but I liked it anyway. What I liked the most is that having mediocre roster (no maxed 3*) I was able to almost finish the event (ended with over 1 mil points = collected all progression rewards. Due to the server crash I wasn't able to collect last SW cover - couldn't connect to the game in last few hours of the event). I was affraid at the beginning that I will not be able to finish the event, as starting from round 4 I got problems with Sentries waves, but it wasn't so bad at the end.

I opened 21 Ultron Prize Packs and got 10 3* out of them (most of them had to sell due to the fact I don't need them). Could be better, could be worse.

Good job. Looking forward to next event like this.
  • I am sure someone asked this already, but I still have the image of the event on my phone and it says "rewards pending" are there going to be more rewards given out... for individual performance..? I mean what I got from this event was awesome and I am really grateful, but who wouldn't want more fun stuff?
  • Atros wrote:
    Yeah we were at the tail end of Round 6, he had 100k health, but I was getting text messages, that people couldn't play, so I wasn't able to get my coveted SW despite my grinding.
    - Unreall
  • Legasher
    Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    The event didn't show up for the first few hours for me, and there were a number of times I completed a sentry battle without receiving points. I ended only 1000 pts. from the first SW progression award. I like this event so much. But that was a really big downer.