Avengers Vs. Ultron

Options

Comments

• Also unable to join the event... Very frustrating
  • I don't understand why there are two Quicksilver essentials nodes and no Thor ones.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    something. went. awry. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Everyone can stop trying now. I beat Ultron and he is down for the count. Too easy.
  • Something definitely went awry. Now I've completely closed the app, relaunched it and found all tournaments are now missing and so is my chat history and there's absolutely no tournaments I can join at all. I can't even try.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I don't understand why there are two Quicksilver essentials nodes and no Thor ones.
    They mentioned 2 nodes will be QS throughout with the rest being rotated with the rest of the Avengers in each round...something something money grab icon_e_wink.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have just come back from a 4 month break just in time for the latest much lauded event and it is borked already.

Same crud and some things never change. I guess seeing as it is POETS day there will be no official word until Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • greengiant33
    Options
    Unable to see any events but at least it still shows I am in our alliance. Ultron crashed MPQ
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    ey1wgqr.png
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    This is obviously the real Ultron causing network issues. I for one welcome our new robot overlords.
  • ih8uf
    ih8uf Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    First, we get ultron's health to zero, but Prime nodes don't open...

Now, everything has disappeared except first 5 of storyline (no PVE or PvP's) and alliance chat has disappeared also...

Y'all developers didn't think this one through...
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    We should all bug it that oBW isn't powered up. They said ALL and her other two are powered up. Clearly a bug or them promising content and not delivering.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274

I've just sent mine in.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone Ultron Health Bar working? Mine still says 0 and i beat him 3 times already
  • orbitalint wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I don't understand why there are two Quicksilver essentials nodes and no Thor ones.
    They mentioned 2 nodes will be QS throughout with the rest being rotated with the rest of the Avengers in each round...something something money grab icon_e_wink.gif

I guess I missed that.

This is a slightly confusing event, but I'm liking it so far.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy **** with the Core Meltdowns!
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Pro Tip: Invisible Woman can stop drop tiles from being created, by locking all the tiles in the top row. Apparently her buff made her more powerful than Ultron. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    It looks like the essentials have different rewards. Only the Quicksilver nodes give the event tokens or hero point awards.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like that the daily deal for Ultron Prize Packs is only 50 HP. Reminds me of the anniversary.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bugs aside, who are you using? For the Ultron fights, I have been doing GSBW/Psylocke/Blade. My thinking is that Blade will put up Strike tiles with the board churn, Psylocke gets some cheap powers to activate quickly, and Black Widow is board control in an emergency. In practice for Round 1, Black Widow was too slow to do much since Ultron had 6800 or so health (I had enough for a Pistol once and got close to a Sniper Shot once). I may have been lucky with matching away bomb tiles... once or twice I have gotten to the penultimate row but no actual explosions.

For the Essentials, I have brought in Magneto to put up protects and hopefully overwrite enemy tiles. I tried the new Doc Ock twice, Blue still doesn't do much clearing even with a saturated board, but the Black attack tiles can pile up. I went back to using Magneto's Blue to stop the healers.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach has been using KK, Luke Cage and Cap subbed with essential. Cage just helps because of the defence tile.

Wolveroach has been using 2* Thor, 2* Hawkeye and his 5/3/3 underlevelled Hulk subbed with essential.

Not working out too badly so far, but now Ultron Prime is open, the game may well change...