*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Comments

• daibar wrote:
    Both greenflag.png and blackflag.png are thinking man's abilities. This character isn't going to hit the top 10 (even 20?) any time soon. I agree with the pairing with Xavier (max blue).

I'm just glad I started playing Pokémon Puzzle on the 3ds as this will really help with the black ability swapping.
    Those stupid lucario and rioulu look exactly the same T_T
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    So, seeing this, you can probably expect what's going to happen next PVE. That being said, this character release will also be followed with the normal week off, so nothing new next week.

Next week?! There shouldn't be anything new for the rest of the tinykitty MONTH. Back-to-back-to-back releases with a 4* in the middle is **** insane, both in terms of burnout and HP drain for all the new character slots. Give. It. A. Rest.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think we can be about 100% sure this is a tie-in character from Age of Ultron. Quicksilver seems most likely, but the other ones we're likely getting from that movie are Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hulkbuster (probably a 4*) and Ultron. Any other character from the movie would be a spoiler character and wouldn't be released until after the movie (and, I should add, is the kind of character they could get in trouble about being announced). If it wasn't a tie-in character they wouldn't be forcing it out.

Seems like a waste not to use unlucky Season 13 to release Scarlet Witch with her hex bolts. I guess if they take a week off before another release, that gives one more PVE in the season to fit her in there.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    It's quicksilver.

Meaning we soon will get scarlet witch and I'd bet hulkbuster. Gotta get in before that free Avengers publicity arrives, yo. Like d3 gives a F if back to back new character releases is soul crushing.

At least this is doc ock power level. Yeah great way to balance a character, make it so his abilities get conditionally cheaper and balance the ability to be mediocre at the lowest cost, just genius.

This is a particularly funny release when you consider how soon after Iron Fist they're releasing this. Both his black and green function as much worse versions of IF's purple.

His black is quite interesting as you can place with damage, his green however is completely random, you could pay x green do the damage and then possibly not be able to match the crit tile, let alone both, meaning if you create 2 you could end up eating one to the face as the AI does like to match those.

I personally do not want to take a level 395 match 3 or 4 critical tile back, 1 tile is all I need. His black however I think is alreayd being underrated. You are always going to be able to make 2x 3 tile match, not to mention he can help in PvE when those CD tiles are about ready to go off and you can use this to get a match on it. If you have 6 blue tiles on the board, with 2 sets of pairs, you can get 2 match 3 blues and create 2 more locked TU tiles.

This guy isn't going to be shredding PvP anytime soon but I think he is a really, really good PvE character, I mean with how easily the AI finds blue for Daken I'm thinking this guy will be a powerhouse icon_lol.gif There's a very interesting play between him, MnMags and Mystique. Get blue to get Infiltration to gather black and purple which now this guy has a cheaper black due to locked tiles so now I can swap tiles to pick up the large amounts of scattered purple and black into very easy match 5's to feed MnMags to create more blue etc, etc.
  • I don't see Quicksilver at ALL. What does he have to do with "locking down a tile" He/She has ONE power involving swapping.

Frankly, (No pun intended) Reed Richards makes WAY more sense to me.
    1. Everyone who locks down tiles is a member of the Fantastic Four
    2. Obvious synergy with IW
    3. Lockdown would be equivalent to him wrapping around people in his body (which he does all the time) or possibly using an invention for the explosion.
    4. Quick Silver would most likely cause WAY more shake-up/cascades
    - Unreall
  • It's not Reed Richards. It's someone from Age of Ultron.
  • I don't see Quicksilver at ALL. What does he have to do with "locking down a tile" He/She has ONE power involving swapping.

3. Lockdown would be equivalent to him wrapping around people in his body (which he does all the time) or possibly using an invention for the explosion.
    - Unreall

fantastic four = irrelevant

age of ultron = relevant
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    It's quicksilver.

This guy isn't going to be shredding PvP anytime soon but I think he is a really, really good PvE character, I mean with how easily the AI finds blue for Daken I'm thinking this guy will be a powerhouse icon_lol.gif There's a very interesting play between him, MnMags and Mystique. Get blue to get Infiltration to gather black and purple which now this guy has a cheaper black due to locked tiles so now I can swap tiles to pick up the large amounts of scattered purple and black into very easy match 5's to feed MnMags to create more blue etc, etc.

I would rather have him with Iron Fist and Mystique than with MnMags. You can use Iron Fist purple for massive spike damage or more black after getting the blue and the infiltration going. Easy match fives, and less risk of two crit tiles not being matched with both Iron Fist and Mystique.

- Unreall

As soon as the abilities get names it will make much more sense. It's like how "Be Invisible" for Professor X made 0 sense until it was called Blind Spot.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    It's quicksilver.

I would rather have him with Iron Fist and Mystique than with MnMags. You can use Iron Fist purple for massive spike damage or more black after getting the blue and the infiltration going. Easy match fives, and less risk of two crit tiles not being matched with both Iron Fist and Mystique.

but without Mags you can't keep the blue going to get the damage from matching, that's kinda the whole point.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Prodigal Sun preview is up. It's officially Quicksilver.
  • Eric1985
    Eric1985 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Quicksilver is the new reward for individual and alliances in the Prodigal Sun PVE
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Yeah, and he seems fun. I'm curious as to how he'll gel with others.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Well, that escalated quickly...
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Huh, they went with his blue. Wasn't sure if they were gonna use his green or yellow outfits or not.

The X-Factor cover just makes me sad that it might be a while before anyone else from X-Factor crew makes their debut ._.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    On paper he looks underwhelming. Low health and green/black powers. Thefirst problem is that we already have great green and black abilities. Another problem is that his green will most likely give a critical to the opponent, and the black, which is essentially an AP generating ability, is worse than other similar abilities we got recently. Worse than IF's and Ms.Marvel purple, although a positive is that this ability is more flexible since it can give whatever color you want. On defense his green will be terrible as the AI will just move random tiles. His blue is the only strong ability on paper, but I doubt it will fire often. Not only do you have to find 5 blue matches, but as the game drags on it is very likely that at least 1 of those locked tiles will be either matched or destroyed by a 4-match, 5-matchor an ability that destroys tiles (with the best of them being XF's green). We will be happy if the blue deals damage 20-30% of the time.
  • Narkon wrote:
    On paper he looks underwhelming. Low health and green/black powers. Thefirst problem is that we already have great green and black abilities. Another problem is that his green will most likely give a critical to the opponent, and the black, which is essentially an AP generating ability, is worse than other similar abilities we got recently. Worse than IF's and Ms.Marvel purple, although a positive is that this ability is more flexible since it can give whatever color you want. On defense his green will be terrible as the AI will just move random tiles. His blue is the only strong ability on paper, but I doubt it will fire often. Not only do you have to find 5 blue matches, but as the game drags on it is very likely that at least 1 of those locked tiles will be either matched or destroyed by a 4-match, 5-matchor an ability that destroys tiles (with the best of them being XF's green). We will be happy if the blue deals damage 20-30% of the time.

Even if you just played him for his blue in an X/5/X capacity he's decent. Not stellar but good in a buffed PvP enviroment.
  • I almost forgot. Is it just me, or would it be more thematic for his green ability to place attack tiles instead of critical to show the barrage of hits? And not just one, but he should add 2-3 smaller ones instead of 1 which is easier to be matched. Even the icon for the attack tiles matches the power's name.
  • Narkon wrote:
    I almost forgot. Is it just me, or would it be more thematic for his green ability to place attack tiles instead of critical to show the barrage of hits? And not just one, but he should add 2-3 smaller ones instead of 1 which is easier to be matched. Even the icon for the attack tiles matches the power's name.

An elf would've thought of something better: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26221
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    I almost forgot. Is it just me, or would it be more thematic for his green ability to place attack tiles instead of critical to show the barrage of hits? And not just one, but he should add 2-3 smaller ones instead of 1 which is easier to be matched. Even the icon for the attack tiles matches the power's name.

An elf would've thought of something better: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26221
    Thanks for the link. Some interesting ideas there.