*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• With the almost non stop new characters, how about a price cut on roster slots?

Locked tiles to me, actually sounds like the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak.

Just sayin.
  • Black, Blue, green. Green isn't good enough for me to replace a character on my kamala, Cyclops, grocket team. Still looks cool though
  • Is it "Stop releasing so many characters in quickly" man/woman? Cuz I'll buy all 13 covers for that character.
  • I'm pretty sure it's Quicksilver.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is the game in trouble? Doing this, knowing how upset people are going to get about, comes off like the game is about to go under or something.

This is utterly ridiculous.
    We're aware that there will be blowback that we'll have to weather, but we have methods to our (supposed) madness. I assure you that our financials are absolutely not a concern at the moment.

Never expected to see this - quickly screenshot it as proof for later.

Also, this means they think this pace of releasing characters is good. *throws up*
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is the game in trouble? Doing this, knowing how upset people are going to get about, comes off like the game is about to go under or something.

We're aware that there will be blowback that we'll have to weather, but we have methods to our (supposed) madness. I assure you that our financials are absolutely not a concern at the moment.

Also, this means they think this pace of releasing characters is good. *throws up*

My suspicion is that their regular schedule is one new character every alternate week. But a contract clause requires them to release a specific character for marvel tie-in.

So they are bonded by the contract....
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Of course, give 'em the old "this too shall pass". icon_lol.gif
  • atomzed wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

My suspicion is that their regular schedule is one new character every alternate week. But a contract clause requires them to release a specific character for marvel tie-in.

So they are bonded by the contract....

I think you're right. But I also think they knew Daredevil was coming, they knew Age of Ultron was coming, Professor X wasn't tied to a tie-in, Kamala Khan might not have been, and they could have rearranged the schedule so that the gaps were maybe a bit shorter than usual, but not three characters in a row, with the first coming in an incredibly grindy event.
  • So with this new character on each team, which team takes the damage when a fifth locked tile would be added to the board?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    So with this new character on each team, which team takes the damage when a fifth locked tile would be added to the board?

Hmmm, I would think both would.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    So with this new character on each team, which team takes the damage when a fifth locked tile would be added to the board?

Whoever would place that 5th tile would trigger the explosion. The other opposing character was just too slow to take advantage of the situation. The consolation prize is that the opposing character would place a Locked tile after the cataclysm, so there's that.
  • IceIX wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

Whoever would place that 5th tile would trigger the explosion. The other opposing character was just too slow to take advantage of the situation. The consolation prize is that the opposing character would place a Locked tile after the cataclysm, so there's that.

So if you're not very Quick, you'll take Silver.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quicksilver
    looks pretty underwhelming. That's sad.
  • So with IW and prof x one could line up bubbles in fives, two fives even and nuke the enemy?

/end wishful thinking icon_e_smile.gif
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Update - Bit of a change and hence the removal of the dev note (see what I said about pre-release?): This character's abilities *will* now work with other Locked tiles, so Invisible Woman? Force Bubble away!

Or does a blue match still have to trigger the detonation?

The way I read it, detonation can only come through a blue match, so IW's 8 Bubbles wouldn't trigger the explosion by itself.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    GTannen73 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Update - Bit of a change and hence the removal of the dev note (see what I said about pre-release?): This character's abilities *will* now work with other Locked tiles, so Invisible Woman? Force Bubble away!

Or does a blue match still have to trigger the detonation?

The way I read it, detonation can only come through a blue match, so IW's 8 Bubbles wouldn't trigger the explosion by itself.
    Exactly. Invisible Woman or Bag-Man or whoever will create the right situation for it but it wouldn't trigger until a Blue match is made.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Figure we have a cycle of characters that need to be released ahead of the new Avengers movie. I'm sure Demiurge has some promotional in-game content on its way to tie in with the movie.
  • This character doesn't seem very quick to me. On the contrary, he seems pretty slow. Bad luck with the opening board and he won't even be able to run.
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems like a variant of Hawkeye to me. Ion know it's just me.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

Hmm, any one remember if it's always player passives triggering before enemy ones like with daken mirror matches?