*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Looks fast & fun to use -- want now!!

IceIX, are the locked TU tiles matchable by the enemy to unlock, similar to IW's force bubbles? Or are they a new locking mechanic?

Also, as an aside, thanks to the dev team for keeping 1/2/3 color-strength-order uniform on all recently released characters - it makes it so much easier to remember when teambuilding/theorycrafting. (The mis-ordered ones I *still* have trouble remembering, and I'm around day 450 now icon_eek.gif )
  • IceIX wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Is that "all locked tiles shatter, deal 2k" or "all locked tiles shatter, deal 2k for each"?
    2K overall, plus cascades and the like as a result. 8K for a passive from a 3* character is probably a bit much.
    I thought so, but didn't want to miss a chance to jump on the "pre-nerf" bandwagon icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Looks fast & fun to use -- want now!!

IceIX, are the locked TU tiles matchable by the enemy to unlock, similar to IW's force bubbles? Or are they a new locking mechanic?

Also, as an aside, thanks to the dev team for keeping 1/2/3 color-strength-order uniform on all recently released characters - it makes it so much easier to remember when teambuilding/theorycrafting. (The mis-ordered ones I *still* have trouble remembering, and I'm around day 450 now icon_eek.gif )
    Yep, the Locked tiles behave exactly like a Webbed or Bubbled tile and are matchable to get rid of the lock.

And yes, agreed on the color strengths. Witness my forum folly a few weeks back when I forgot that Black Widow (Grey Suit)'s strengths don't match her abilities. Oh, the humiliation!
  • Billigoat
    Billigoat Posts: 71
    who could it be....

- works really great with invisible woman
    - can stretch across the board to make matches
    - associated with the color blue, the #4, and teamwork

hmmmmm icon_e_wink.gif
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    What PVE will be used to release this character?
  • Wow, we are really zooming through new characters now. The speed at which these are being released is a little disheartening, though this looks like a pretty fun character. I hope my roster can keep up with these fast-paced releases. Looks like we all have a quick turnaround to look forward to after Thick as Thieves ends.

Man I hope I am guessing the right character.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, we are really zooming through new characters now. The speed at which these are being released is a little disheartening, though this looks like a pretty fun character. I hope my roster can keep up with these fast-paced releases. Looks like we all have a quick turnaround to look forward to after Thick as Thieves ends.

The silver-lining is that there will be a break after this one...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, we are really zooming through new characters now. The speed at which these are being released is a little disheartening, though this looks like a pretty fun character. I hope my roster can keep up with these fast-paced releases. Looks like we all have a quick turnaround to look forward to after Thick as Thieves ends.

I wouldn't bet on that
  • IceIX
    fmftint wrote:
    I wouldn't bet on that
    From the OP:
    IceIX wrote:
    That being said, this character release will also be followed with the normal week off, so nothing new next week.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the new Avengers movie coming soon, and if the rumors about ScarletWitch, Hulkbuster and Ultron are true, then we may see several new characters in the next month or so.

I hope so. If Ultron is a playable character that is.
  • fmftint wrote:

I wouldn't bet on that
    a BET? Like cards? Like Gambit! (You guys have broken me)
  • turul wrote:
    Or they may need release some new-story-relevant characters. Hopefully at least Kingpin will not be essential.

Its a shame locked tiles are discriminative btw
    Not sure what kind of mishmash of story they can cook up that involves px, kk, kp & qs. Avengers 2 is kind of a big deal and none of the other 2 or 3 consecutive characters we are destined to get after the break are part of any big marvel surprise. It really feels like a little bit of foresight & planning could easily have avoided the inevitable nerd rage over having consecutive grinds crammed down our throats. Could have easily shuffled the release and put qs & sw where professor X and kk released to sort of build up to whatever avengers extravaganza they have planned for us. No one cares about the qs or sw characters, nor is it a surprise that they are in the avengers. Randomly adding characters (px, kk) and then rushing out a whole **** load for a tie in makes no sense. Imo at least..
  • Is the game in trouble? Doing this, knowing how upset people are going to get about, comes off like the game is about to go under or something.

This is utterly ridiculous.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    That being said, this character release will also be followed with the normal week off, so nothing new next week.

Explain how this matters in the slightest? All that means is there is a week of MPQ that I will not be getting any covers for this character. Explain how that is good news.

Also explain how releasing 3 characters back-to-back is good for players. I am still getting covers for icon_cyclops.png and icon_ironfist.png over here icon_evil.gif
  • IceIX
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is the game in trouble? Doing this, knowing how upset people are going to get about, comes off like the game is about to go under or something.

We're aware that there will be blowback that we'll have to weather, but we have methods to our (supposed) madness. I assure you that our financials are absolutely not a concern at the moment.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is the game in trouble? Doing this, knowing how upset people are going to get about, comes off like the game is about to go under or something.

We're aware that there will be blowback that we'll have to weather, but we have methods to our (supposed) madness. I assure you that our financials are absolutely not a concern at the moment.

Then I think, to make this up to the players, at least a bit, loosen up the reward structure. Top 50 get all 3 covers, top 150 get 2, top 300 get all three. It's a handful of extra covers; it won't unbalance the game a fraction as much as 3 new character PVEs in a row will.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Mysterious! But appreciate all the dialogue you're giving. icon_cool.gif

Looks like a fast fun character - really glad the passive is a "when anyone" one, as it would be an intimidating number of matches for the player alone + anything that punishes those AI super-cascades! icon_mrgreen.gif

Also: some intriguing cover allocations there; 4|5|4 is the optimum numerically, but if you're willing to trade a chunk of attack power you can maximize one secondary effect instead - much more interesting dilemma to build than most.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Update - Bit of a change and hence the removal of the dev note (see what I said about pre-release?): This character's abilities *will* now work with other Locked tiles, so Invisible Woman? Force Bubble away!

So umm....IW as is locks 8 tiles with 5 blue. Does this mean 4 of them instantly blow up if paired with this character?

Or does a blue match still have to trigger the detonation?

Or can we just assume that IW's change reduces the force bubbles to under 5?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I know I'm in the minority when i say i like all the new character releases, the more the merrier. Looks like a fun casual character. Now if only Invisible Woman was worth using... If only.... icon_e_wink.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue tile passive looks like a Rags buff. It's almost like they had this planned...