*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• Lerysh wrote:
    9-4 is much slower than 6-1. Just sayin'.

I kinda liked him the way he was before the change, a LITTLE slow to get going, but if you focused green/black and let the enemy make a couple blue matches you could get a bit of decent damage in. At old levels and cheapest costs his tile swap ability was 330 damage per AP plus probably 3-4 match 3s and/or 1-2 match 5s. So MAYBE 400 damage per AP. And that's with a lot of set up time. Now it's just junk. Once again we point out synergy with Charles Xavier and a guy gets immediately ****. Maybe it's Charles blue you should be looking at, not anyone with any kind of tile manipulation what so ever.

His green is just ugh. RANDOM crit tiles? Plus why doesn't he have 4.5x crit if this is his thing? I see he's lost his second crit tile and his second tile swap as well. 6 AP for 1800 damage plus one random crit tile? Not a good ability. Even if you give the benefit of the doubt and say the crit generates 800+ damage, that's still only barely 400 damage per AP and that's at it's minimum cost.

I thought Quicksilver was supposed to be quick. Instead he takes at LEAST 3 turns to get anywhere, and that's if the enemy matches nothing but blue while you take black or green. The only reason I'd even take Black/Green covers at this point is to level him to 166 for his blue. x/5/x, does not even matter anymore for his build. He went from mildly interesting support character to ... uninteresting roster spot hog.

Also, I think these "pre release" character leaks are huring morale around here. Especially with last minute changes going on.

don't complain about character pre-release, do u want another pre-nerf iron fist lurking knowing the devs take FOREVER to fix anything?
  • JqGcaVZ.jpg
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey MPQers!

Quicksilver, one of the older characters (but getting a bit of a revival as of late) in the Marvel universe, is now available to play!

If you are like me you had no idea that he had been around this long. Fortunately, Casey has provided a reading list that will give you a good start to learn more about this super-fast character!

So what do you think? Did we miss something? Please let us know!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The most glaring omission here would be Peter David's fantastic original run on X-Factor in the 90's, which really fleshed out Quicksilver as a character, and gave us the iconic shrink session where Pietro explains why he has such a huge chip on his shoulder.

xfactor87puzzle.jpg
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    One interesting side effect of Quicksilver is that this puts Force Bubble Crush as doing a minimum of 2X2156 to team assuming the implementation of IW's skill is still functionally the same. Otherwise, you'd be better off just flushing the bubbles with Quicksilver instead of ever using any of IW's skills, and it takes two moves to do damage with Force Bubble Crush hence the X2. Anything less than this and you'd never crush the bubbles in the first place.
    IceIX wrote:
    Supersonic - Passive bluetile.png
    (PASSIVE) Quicksilver dashes through the battlefield messing with the enemy's plans and causing a bit of chaos. Whenever anyone makes a Blue match, Quicksilver locks 1 random Team-Up tile. But if there are already at least 4 Locked tiles, they detonate, dealing 190 damage to the enemy team instead.
    It's unclear for me how supersonic interacts with IW ability. If IW put 8 locked tiles, what will then happen with a Blue match:
      - Quicksilver blows up 4 locked tiles and do 2156 damage (leaving 4 more tiles for a further explosion) - Quicksilver blows up
    ALL locked tiles and do 2156 damage
    I assume the latter and in this case not using IW's field crush would spoil the bubbles! icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what do you think? Did we miss something? Please let us know!

You missed designing* Quicksilver quick enough! Now he is sloooooow.

*or keeping the design
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously, what's the point of teasing character powers if you're just going to change them before release? I'd rather see a mediocre character I don't care about and have them stay that way than a decent one that turns into a mediocre one.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh wow, they made him from an okay guy to just ****, like seriously this guy is now in Doc Ock territory, must be something with black/blue/green characters.
  • 3/5/5, no question. His black is bad even at 5 covers, and if you're using it for damage, you've got serious problems.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He's super fast. Except his lowest cost power is 10.

Granted, that lowers if there are blue matches and you can keep those locked TU tiles on the board.

I think we are looking at the second coming of Beast here.

The Devs tried to be a little too clever for their own good and just ended up with a steaming pile of...you know.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    I'm just glad this "yoink!" mentality wasn't around when they designed Blade.

The only difference between this and other characters is that we see the pre-release stats before they change them.
  • mu7an7
    mu7an7 Posts: 34
    Options
    I know it's late and possibly slightly off topic, but meh...

IW_QS.png
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ya know, I wasn't SUPER excited about him before seeing the ACTUAL stats. Now.....meh.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    I love in the edit notes it says AP cost to 11, blah, blah large damage bump. Lol, so going from just shy of 1300 to 1650 is a large damage bump? Sure it's a 26% increase in damage, but a 26% increase of something not really good is still not a large bump. Ugh, so disapointed, however they could fix it all if they did this.

Supersonic - Passive bluetile.png
    (PASSIVE) Quicksilver dashes through the battlefield messing with the enemy's plans and causing a bit of chaos. Whenever anyone makes a Blue match, Quicksilver locks 1 random Team-Up tile. But if there are already at least 4 Locked tiles, one tile detonates, dealing 190 damage to the current target instead.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 251 damage.
    Level 3: Deals 312 damage.
    Level 4: Deals 433 damage.
    Level 5: Deals 678 damage.
    Max Level
    Level 3 - Deals 991 damage.
    Level 4 - Deals 1377 damage.
    Level 5 - Deals 2156 damage.

Basically get rid of the AoE, but don't destroy all the tiles, that way black and green will hopefully stay at 7 and 6 costed skills. Do this and he's fine, otherwise this guy is bad, oh so bad. Hell, you can even halve the damage of blue to the target
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that we have a character who can easily swap two tiles, can we fix Moonstone so her tile swapping isn't random? She would be a 100x better if I could choose the two tiles I want swapped.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Eh, he was randomly broken with his old stats, so I can see why they nerfed him. He'd be pretty weak most of the time but if you randomly have 4 bubbles locked in the right place he'd pump out absolutely insane moves. Now I guess these moves are meant to be used after the board has stablized for a while where you can collect enough AP and then wait for 4 tiles to be locked. I'm not sure if that's a good design but creating 2 crit is worth at least 4 random AP in even the worst cases and swap 4 tiles is strictly better than being able to place 2 tiles of any color so that couldn't have stayed at a potential cost of 5 AP.

Except one match blue and all the lock tiles are destroyed and you have to start over again, so sure you could of had some fun swapping here and there but it still would have been a 5AP costed black, even if he was going crazy he would have been unrelyable. I say bring black and green back to what they were and make blue single target but only destroying one locked tile
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Honestly he does seem terrible. Even when he has 4 locked tiles out he is only just OK. It feels like the devs costed all of his powers with this in mind but seriously at anything less than 4 locked tiles he is TERRIBLE! I am really hoping for one of those immediate rebalances like with IF except this time a significant buff.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Eh, he was randomly broken with his old stats, so I can see why they nerfed him.
    You are the only person on the planet who would draw that conclusion about a character that was barely marginal.

But I have to add my voice to those who appreciate another Beast-level character that we can safely ignore.
  • The only hope for this character now is as a sidekick to a significantly upgraded IW (or some future locked tile using character). Otherwise, total snooze.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    So... let me get this straight. They broke up really good team synergy's (Stormeto/Winfinite) discovered by the masses and used extensively because it was too broken. But now they are changing/releasing characters that pretty much require them to be paired with specific characters in order to be good and by themselves, they are just sort of meh (i.e. 4hor/Pietro)?

After watching notamutant's video of Quicksilver, he really does seem weak, even maxed. Agree with others, at least this means I can lay off Prodigal Sun since he doesn't seem worth the effort.

But seriously... ISO-8 followed up by TaT followed up by Prodigal Sun (not to mention all the new character releases + PVP MMR shenanigans), Super Grindy > Super Scaled > Uber Scaled, I'm pretty sure you actually want us to have fun and even said so... lol, I'd like for you to try and play through all of these and see how much fun you're having developers!