**** Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) **** Updated (8/22/17)

Options

Comments

• PULL MY FINGER! icon_lol.gif
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    I totally picture Kingpin and Doc Ock having some happy fun time together. Ock uses his tentacle ticklers while Wilson is poking at Otto. When the lights go out for the Sinister Six, only the Shadow knows what goes on.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    Another fun team: Kingpin + DD + Patch. DD's blue create a CD tile. Kingpin's black can benefit from CD bonus + Patch's strike tile. It's powerful even when you use it with default Kingpin they give you in Hostile Takeover.

Does Kingpin's Black get the AP from tile destruction? These ability descriptions really need to clarify this sort of thing.
    The question I'm getting at is: Does destroying DD's Billy Club grant you the bonus AP like you would get by matching it?
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    Another fun team: Kingpin + DD + Patch. DD's blue create a CD tile. Kingpin's black can benefit from CD bonus + Patch's strike tile. It's powerful even when you use it with default Kingpin they give you in Hostile Takeover.
    Erm... no. DD needs 9 blue to make a CD tile, you better off using someone with a tile that is at most 2 matches cost range. Also, DD blue tile is one that you really want to make last as long as possible.

So far, the best options still either Loki or Falcon as they make CD tiles for free so you can just gather black AP to poke people around.
  • Since you're supposed to sacrifice a CD's potential for damage for the instant damage it'd rarely work out to be in your favor to pop your own CDs on purpose. Falcon would be the cheapest at creating CDs but that completely depends on the enemy creating something for you to pick up with Redwing. After that Loki is likely the most reliable though you're giving up up to 4 AP advantage, which is more than popping your own Maggia Thug CD (takes 10 yellow to create 7 CDs, so each is worth no more than 2 AP). Of course you could pop a Sniper CD too but Sniper CDs have a hard time surviving that long (5 turns) so while it seems like a waste to blow up a 5K CD for 3K damage, it might not be that bad of a deal after you factor in that 5 turn CD isn't very likely to survive in the first place.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Since you're supposed to sacrifice a CD's potential for damage for the instant damage it'd rarely work out to be in your favor to pop your own CDs on purpose. Falcon would be the cheapest at creating CDs but that completely depends on the enemy creating something for you to pick up with Redwing. After that Loki is likely the most reliable though you're giving up up to 4 AP advantage, which is more than popping your own Maggia Thug CD (takes 10 yellow to create 7 CDs, so each is worth no more than 2 AP). Of course you could pop a Sniper CD too but Sniper CDs have a hard time surviving that long (5 turns) so while it seems like a waste to blow up a 5K CD for 3K damage, it might not be that bad of a deal after you factor in that 5 turn CD isn't very likely to survive in the first place.
    Wait, arnt Loki's CDs 2 AP steal each? And the idea here, I think, is to not rush for King's yellow, instead just get black while the CDs pop-up by themselves with Loki/Falcon. And because you can see who are you fighting against you can just choose the best partner; if you see a Ldaken or Blade just slap Falcon in.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Wait, arnt Loki's CDs 2 AP steal each? And the idea here, I think, is to not rush for King's yellow, instead just get black while the CDs pop-up by themselves with Loki/Falcon. And because you can see who are you fighting against you can just choose the best partner; if you see a Ldaken or Blade just slap Falcon in.

You get 2 AP and they lose 2 AP, so it has a value of 4 AP. On the other hand, since it takes you 10 AP to creates those 7 CDs with Maggis Pawns, each of them in theory has a value under 2 AP to you. Of course, at some point you got to be able to convert a raw AP advantage into damage but in a sufficiently long game, it'd be better to pop Maggia Pawns CDs that takes an average of less than 2 yellow AP to put up, compared to popping Loki's CD that nets you a 4 AP advantage. From the test drive scenario, it's not often for Kingpin's CD to survive even when the opponent isn't moving the board at all. All kinds of weird things can happen in 5 turns that blows up your CDs, so they're really the best kind of CD to sacrifice for the black because the chance of any particular CD on Maggia Pawns surviving isn't very good, while Loki's CD have a very good chance of taking effect and you'd be sacrificing more. Of course Falcon's CD is a no brainer to sacrifice, but that's not something you can always count on.
  • Phantron wrote:
    You get 2 AP and they lose 2 AP, so it has a value of 4 AP. On the other hand, since it takes you 10 AP to creates those 7 CDs with Maggis Pawns, each of them in theory has a value under 2 AP to you. Of course, at some point you got to be able to convert a raw AP advantage into damage but in a sufficiently long game, it'd be better to pop Maggia Pawns CDs that takes an average of less than 2 yellow AP to put up, compared to popping Loki's CD that nets you a 4 AP advantage. From the test drive scenario, it's not often for Kingpin's CD to survive even when the opponent isn't moving the board at all. All kinds of weird things can happen in 5 turns that blows up your CDs, so they're really the best kind of CD to sacrifice for the black because the chance of any particular CD on Maggia Pawns surviving isn't very good, while Loki's CD have a very good chance of taking effect and you'd be sacrificing more. Of course Falcon's CD is a no brainer to sacrifice, but that's not something you can always count on.
    Got it. And I think that any of this yellowflag.png tiles are worth sacrificing in the end, because they either have a lesser effect than his blackflag.png secondary damage or are not likely to survive anyway.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Since you're supposed to sacrifice a CD's potential for damage for the instant damage it'd rarely work out to be in your favor to pop your own CDs on purpose. Falcon would be the cheapest at creating CDs but that completely depends on the enemy creating something for you to pick up with Redwing. After that Loki is likely the most reliable though you're giving up up to 4 AP advantage, which is more than popping your own Maggia Thug CD (takes 10 yellow to create 7 CDs, so each is worth no more than 2 AP). Of course you could pop a Sniper CD too but Sniper CDs have a hard time surviving that long (5 turns) so while it seems like a waste to blow up a 5K CD for 3K damage, it might not be that bad of a deal after you factor in that 5 turn CD isn't very likely to survive in the first place.

It's pretty obvious the devs want us to control shift a countdown then use Kingpin's black on it
  • maximumboo
    maximumboo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just got 13 covers (553) and run him with LadyThor and Ironman. Use Kingpin's purple to feed ironman yellow, ironman recharges, and fire K's black to get maximum demage. The remaining 2 recharge tiles fuel LadyThor red and blue in 2 rounds later (also Kingpin's Black and Purple if Ironman recharge has 5 covers). Pair him with Spiderman and LThor is also fun, Use his purple to feed LThor Thunderstrike, which accelerates Call the Storm and create protect tile at the same time.
  • raisinbman wrote:

It's pretty obvious the devs want us to control shift a countdown then use Kingpin's black on it

At a cost of 23 black AP, this still loses the original 26 red AP 'spam Psychic Knife very fast' strategy (8+7+6 to spam a 5 red AP move = 26).
  • maximumboo wrote:
    I just got 13 covers (553) and run him with LadyThor and Ironman. Use Kingpin's purple to feed ironman yellow, ironman recharges, and fire K's black to get maximum demage. The remaining 2 recharge tiles fuel LadyThor red and blue in 2 rounds later (also Kingpin's Black and Purple if Ironman recharge has 5 covers). Pair him with Spiderman and LThor is also fun, Use his purple to feed LThor Thunderstrike, which accelerates Call the Storm and create protect tile at the same time.

Hey calm down there, buddy, do you want to get those characters nerfed?????
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    maximumboo wrote:

Hey calm down there, buddy, do you want to get those characters nerfed?????

Thunderstrike now does 1k damage and now creates 2 green charges tiles rather than converting basic tiles.
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Scarlet Witch and Fisk seem a natural combo. Always having at least one cd or feeding pink into wilsion.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's inconsequential, but Kingpin in this game matches the Netflix series well. Didn't expect that.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Options
    I wanted to know some good combinations to go with Kingpin.

He is 5/3/5 and have tried him with Scarlett Witch, which works great but lacks that power.

Any suggestions?

Thank you icon_e_smile.gif
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Maybe you can try with 2*/3* Wolverine and Daken since with them, there will be no overlap with the colours of their active attacks as both Wolverine and Daken's passive are Kingpin's active colour.
    But beside this, other combo are other characters that has countdown tiles that you don't mind get rid of (like Falcon's blueflag.png which is one you will want to destroy it asap so he can use that passive again), however they have purpleflag.png active overlap.

I just think of a new idea - using 3* Wolv to generate enemy strike tiles, then you can use Falcon blueflag.png to target the strike tile and use KIngpin's blackflag.png to destroy Falcon's countdown tiles.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gagutz wrote:
    I wanted to know some good combinations to go with Kingpin.

He is 5/3/5 and have tried him with Scarlett Witch, which works great but lacks that power.
    I don't have a viable KP yet, but I thought that this was the best combo, so I'm surprised to hear you say it lacks power. You've always got a countdown up, so every 6 black is going to do 5.3k damage, and SW's free purple generation ought to enable KP to spam more countdowns than the AI can keep up with. Where does all this go wrong?
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Options
    Yeah...

I just feel against top teams with high health will be very challenging.
    Especially once Kingpin is down, Scarlett Witch is useless unless the featured character does high damage themselves.

It would take so many turns to beat a maxed hulkbuster, female thor/kingpin team.

But for now they are my go to kingpin team.. With Loki/Kingpin coming in second.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kingpin doesn't play well particulary with anyone but i would try a Kingpin/Sentry and maybe IF just to see if it makes Sentry more useful