**** Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) **** Updated (8/22/17)

Options

Comments

• hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Its mostly linear so around 19k. Predicting black will do around 10k with a CD tile up.
    Nice. And only for 6AP.
  • hurcules wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Its mostly linear so around 19k. Predicting black will do around 10k with a CD tile up.
    Nice. And only for 6AP.

Yay! 10k damages every other turn! What's not to love about that! SO HAPPY! icon_evil.gif

Seriously. Spidey has been nerfed. Cmags has been nerfed. Sentry has been nerfed. Thor has been nerfed. Winfinite has been nerfed. The boosts now go only up to +2. Why the **** are we still getting scaling up to 395? It's just evil.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    his usefulness is as an opponent in PVE powered by goons level 395
    I don't necessarily disagree, but if that's the case, why haven't they given us what's his name from Enemy of the State yet?
    Edit: Gorgon, finally remembered his name.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    I don't necessarily disagree, but if that's the case, why haven't they given us what's his name from Enemy of the State yet?

My guess is Gorgon is OP. Not that D3 checks that type of thing. I dunno. I mean we didn't get devil dino for a long time.
  • dkffiv wrote:

4*s get only roughly 50% ability damage increase from levels. From level 70 to 270 (roughly 4X level increase), their ability damage only doubles. It'd still not be anything you can easily withstand of course.
  • raisinbman wrote:

If you ever check Gordon during Deadpool Daily, he has an actual cover like a regularly released character. This led me to believe that we would be seeing him sooner than later.

easy...marc
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can pair him with falcon and get redwing out each turn. Will be an awesome pve duo for goons
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After playing with Kingpin a bit, two main things drag him down:

1. He doesn't synergize well with anyone. His powers feed into one another, but he really doesn't play well with others (appropriate?). He color clashes with just about every potentially useful match-up. The best match I found so far was Loki, but then you are trying to hoard black and hope a match-4 gives you ammo. Better uses for black than that.

2. He is slow and takes too much AP. Purple is cheap but does nothing. Yellow is expensive AND creates long countdowns. Black is only 6, but unless your are using Loki and got lucky, some AP was already spent to get a countdown tile on the board just to blow it up.

It is neat to watch his abilities role into one another, purple into yellow then use black to blow up. But to get that going, you need 8 purple, 2-6 yellow and 6-12 black. And in then, you do about as much damage as IF does with 6 purple and way less than XF does with 11 black or 3Thor with enough yellow or green. I wish he simply blew up random countdown tiles from EITHER side. That would make him more interesting/useful. As is, he is a mid-to-high level 3-star, and probably the worst 4-star other than she who need not be named.

Maybe someone will find a more effective way to make use of him, but after about an hour of trying him out, his usefulness appears limited.

Kingpin/Falcon/ Iron Fist is really good against all-goon nodes in pve. As long as he gets fed enough black (which is why I use IF), Kingpin does big damage every turn by blowing up Redwing, which takes out another goon countdown tile next turn, repeat until everything is dead.
  • I like how it seems like he's poking everything to death. Finger of doom!

Been trying to figure out ways to game his black => Elektra + Falcon?
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure why so many people are down on him. Even at only 4 covers he's been hugely useful in PVE. I've been pairing him with CMags and Punisher, early in the match Molotov for cheap AoE and attack.png later use Kingpin to blow up those same molotovs for more targeted cheap damage. Throw in some strike.png and cascades from CMags and opponents are dropping like flies.
  • Dear D3, I've faced some maggia goons on pve and they make two 730+ strike tiles at lv230~, I want THOSE goons on my Kingpin yellowflag.png . Thanks in advance.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I ever got 13 covers I would run him with falcon and LThor. Use his black on redwing and his purple to feed thors yellow to COTS. With only 2 purple I ran him with cyclops and Lthor and that was fun. One match I had a lot of green so I fired thunder strike, one match I had a red so I used cyclops for red.
  • wymtime wrote:
    If I ever got 13 covers I would run him with falcon and LThor. Use his black on redwing and his purple to feed thors yellow to COTS. With only 2 purple I ran him with cyclops and Lthor and that was fun. One match I had a lot of green so I fired thunder strike, one match I had a red so I used cyclops for red.
    In this case, isnt Lazy Cap a better option than Cyke?
  • Is his black a stealth buff for Psylock's blue?
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cayasha wrote:
    Is his black a stealth buff for Psylock's blue?

I'd say no since it would mean ignoring Psylock's black, which is in my opinion her best move. Also for 10 AP you're better off just going for Kingpin's yellow.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After leveling him up and in the perspective of xf nerf i found Its one of the best black in the coming 4* meta.. His high hp pool is a undeniable boost.. I found it meh at the beginning but now i think he is gonna be a good complement depending one the featured char.. Now that xf is out of the equation i could unveil new combo: fisk/dino, fisk/gt, dino/gt, fury/fisk and so on.. I wasnt thrilled to max him but in this day and age his color set are really interesting in pvp..
  • After leveling him up and in the perspective of xf nerf i found Its one of the best black in the coming 4* meta.. His high hp pool is a undeniable boost.. I found it meh at the beginning but now i think he is gonna be a good complement depending one the featured char.. Now that xf is out of the equation i could unveil new combo: fisk/dino, fisk/gt, dino/gt, fury/fisk and so on.. I wasnt thrilled to max him but in this day and age his color set are really interesting in pvp..

everyone says black is good but no one explains how, are u using with a countdown? without?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    After leveling him up and in the perspective of xf nerf i found Its one of the best black in the coming 4* meta.. His high hp pool is a undeniable boost.. I found it meh at the beginning but now i think he is gonna be a good complement depending one the featured char.. Now that xf is out of the equation i could unveil new combo: fisk/dino, fisk/gt, dino/gt, fury/fisk and so on.. I wasnt thrilled to max him but in this day and age his color set are really interesting in pvp..

everyone says black is good but no one explains how, are u using with a countdown? without?

Obviously with. Without a tile his black is a bad investment. For me he's a no brainer 5/3/5 build
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is probably the first 4 stars that I really really want. His artwork & animations are so cool. And he's really fun to play! Too bad I don't think I'll get my hand on his cover anytime soon without paying money icon_e_sad.gif

Currently teaming him up with Captain Marvel & Falcon. It doesn't work that well since two skills compete for black, but it's still fun when you can pull off Hypersonic Punch -> Redwing -> Wilson's Gambit combo.

Another fun team: Kingpin + DD + Patch. DD's blue create a CD tile. Kingpin's black can benefit from CD bonus + Patch's strike tile. It's powerful even when you use it with default Kingpin they give you in Hostile Takeover.
  • I just want to say that Kingpin's black is my favorite move in the game.

"Oh yeah, you little tinykitty, well I'm GOING TO POINT AT YOU."

It's funnier that DD's pink by miles to me.