**** Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) **** Updated (8/22/17)

Options

Comments

• nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The finger poke comes right up in your face and smacks you for 4k plus you see the 1 turn goons tiles about to go off for 2900 + aoe and you look at the 16 of the 69 characters your allowed to use and wonder why heroics have the same scaling as the rest of the game. If I get 3-5 times the health packs maybe my teams w hardly any synergy can get the job done.

Oh and Maggia pawns 2 or 3 turns in a row is fun to deal with.

The first fires and I think good thing I brought jean and obw. Jean gets purple off and there is still a tile left they are easy pickings.

Then oh wait more maggia pawns and a finger poke. Good luck getting either blue or purple before 6 black ap or countdown.

I need my roster to deal w this ****
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    20three wrote:

Wilson's Gambit costs 6 AP, there are constantly countdown tiles on the board due to the goons. Each Wilson's Gambit does 4,500 damage. This is just obnoxious.

This is why you MUST target fisk first. Once ai loads up on yel ap, the match is OVER. Cyk is your friend. Use him to blast baldy into orbit. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    powered up OBW to heal and steal, and manage the hundreds of cd tiles, with powered up KK to heal whenever OBW does any of her cheap moves, cyc to blast people into oblivion while working up KK's green.

Worked every time, no exception, i got the goons down to under 5300 each then went to town on fisk.. the reasoning on the goons is simple... one KK bash kills them dead with under 5300hp. If i take out fisk first with a blast or 2 from cyc, bonus.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    My first time with that node, I obliterated him via one of those "oh look each match-5 you get sets up another match-5" chain. I dropped four straight match-5's on him and then cascaded him. I'm afraid to play it a second time for fear of AI vengeance.

over on the AI forum, it is complaining about "cheating players" getting 5* match cascades.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just let him finger Carol a couple of times.

Then unleash Cyclops.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    powered up OBW to heal and steal, and manage the hundreds of cd tiles

Making countdowns last longer really isn't that great when Wilson Fisk is around and one finger poke blows her buffed butt out of the water. Didn't work that reliably for me so i had to kill him the hard way more often than not. Juggernaut was one of the harder PVE's in a while imho.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    user311 wrote:

Then unleash Cyclops.

Yeah, despite the fact that Carol brings nothing new active, she feeds Cyclops really well.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    user311 wrote:

Then unleash Cyclops.

Yeah, despite the fact that Carol brings nothing new active, she feeds Cyclops really well.

This whole conversation is really dirty out of context icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    Then unleash Cyclops.

You mean the One-Eyed Monster icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    user311 wrote:

Then unleash Cyclops.

In all seriousness, Captain Marvel, Cyclops and Daredevil have been destroying everyone! Captain takes all the big hits to feed Cyc red, I use her Black to stun Kingpin which leaves a strike tile so DD's purple isn't useless while also planting tons of red traps so Cyc's yellow can pop them all at once. Plus DD's blue stun is such a huge factor once you can get two of them out, it's perma-stun.

I've only lost once in this PVE due to Ares going berserk after a lovely cascade of flowing AP just splashing all over him.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Owing to the difficulty of the node, I am appealing to the devs to rename "Wilson's Gambit" to "Wilson's Prostate Exam".
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am just annoyed with this whole pve. If its not Fisk fingering you every other turn, its Bullseye doing deadly precision every other turn since he has a green feeder in every node except the one where he is with 2 other characters. I understand its not supposed to be easy, but still, if I can't get green for KK since there are 3 green tiles on the board, then neither should Bullseye. I am glad that Bullseye got his third color, but did they not think about how many nodes in pve he is with a green feeder now? Also, can we please have the devs stop working on improving 2* DA which we rarely can use since we are fighting them all the time in overpowered states vs improving the 3* characters that no one uses since they have become obsolete due to the power creep?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grunth13 wrote:
    Also, can we please have the devs stop working on improving 2* DA which we rarely can use since we are fighting them all the time in overpowered states
    Do you not realize that this is the only reason why those chose to improve characters such as Moonstone, Bullseye and Daken, while virtually ignoring all other 2*s?
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    grunth13 wrote:
    I am just annoyed with this whole pve. If its not Fisk fingering you every other turn, its Bullseye doing deadly precision every other turn since he has a green feeder in every node except the one where he is with 2 other characters.

To summarize, you are getting fingered with a deadly precision. I'm sorry icon_eek.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Jean Gray + Marvel + Cyclops made quick work of this one. Keep Marvel in front to absorb all that damage and power up Cyclops. Use Jeanie to wipe out the CD tiles.

If you don't have a Jean, there are other good options to speed up Cyc or to do AoE damage, like Thor.
  • Going to second the choice of Cyclops and Daredevil. I have KK as my third (no green covers, though), as she is good to help deny black with her purple if necessary, but mostly just focus on getting those Ambushes and Mutant Rev going...
  • 11887875_10153241603753472_1689538253306896729_n.jpg?oh=576bf953bbef18ed351232e73e810932&oe=56775684&__gda__=1446921101_9b57e08a4252a6c7c6b85e23ce42ef96
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    currently at 4/5/4 and will likely add the 5th black here in earth's mightiest. many say 5/3/5 is a no-brainer and the vote was overwhelmingly for that too, but do the cds stay out long enough for them to go off? with 4 covers, I poke a couple and I maybe get one to go off. if that's all I'm going to get out of yellow, I'd rather gain the ap advantage in purple. yellow for cd damage seems awful slow too (expensive plus the countdown delay). was considering running 5/5/3 and would start leveling him, but now this thread has me wondering if that's best.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    currently at 4/5/4 and will likely add the 5th black here in earth's mightiest. many say 5/3/5 is a no-brainer and the vote was overwhelmingly for that too, but do the cds stay out long enough for them to go off? with 4 covers, I poke a couple and I maybe get one to go off. if that's all I'm going to get out of yellow, I'd rather gain the ap advantage in purple. yellow for cd damage seems awful slow too (expensive plus the countdown delay). was considering running 5/5/3 and would start leveling him, but now this thread has me wondering if that's best.
    If you go 553, you're going to want another yellow outlet, and there aren't a lot of great choices. And if you use someone else's yellow, you probably lose the benefit of his black, unless you have someone else who generates cd tiles.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

Played with both because of how my covers fell. I was 5/5/3 but wanted 5/3/5. I can say aside from pairing him with 3* Thor there really wasn't a reason for max purple and 5/4/4 is bad as neither one is good at 4 covers. If you run him with Deadpool then 5/3/5 all the way. From my experience, 5/5/3 gets you a tile quicker, but 5/3/5 will do more damage and that's assuming a perfect draw. Most of the time you get 4-6 purple and yellow, so when you do use purple, it would have been overkill to be 5/5/3. Trust me, 5/3/5 don't look back, and 5/3/5 is very strong in PvE too. Keep him with deadpool and go 5/3/5 you will be happy.