How to beat the Big Enchilada with 2 Star team

Options

Comments

• Phage42 wrote:
    I'm using the team I described above, so ymmv. But there are some guidelines I follow:

- General cadence: hoard AP on wave 1, release some to quickly take down dangerous characters in wave 2, hoard even more AP on wave 3, finish with a bang on wave 4.

- Wave 1 is always the trickiest for me. It's a balance between hoarding AP and dealing with countdown tiles. Go for cascades and match 4+ obviously. Don't be afraid to let less painful countdown tiles go off. In your case, OBW would be a superstar in wave 1. In my case, I use Ms. Marvel yellow power to try to wipe countdown tiles. As numerated many times above: finish your last opponent with a power or a match 5 to retain initiative going to wave 2. This is very important.

- The most dangerous opponent in wave 2 is the one with enough AP accumulated to immediately fire a power, or with strong passive (e.g. Hulk). In my case, I have Storm, so that opponent gets stunned immediately. You want to take down the party in as few turn as possible, while continuing to build AP.

- Wave 3 is much the same as wave 1, except with a greater AP pool to begin with, I usually find it easier to deal with countdown tiles. Stretch this wave as long as possible for you want your team to be brimming with AP by the start of wave 4. Again, finish with a power or match 5.

- By the time I get to wave 4, I usually have enough AP to down everything immediately. Profit!

I don't always get to play a perfect game with my team (i.e. taking no damage) but it's doable. I did it as recently as this morning.

Hey, thanks for the response!

Yeah, I'm thinking the cadence piece is my biggest issue, that and not having a leveled 2* Storm... lol

I'm going to try focusing more on AP accumulation and less on less painful CTs and see how that goes.

One quick clarification if I may? What balance am I looking for in wave 2? Quicker while depleting AP or slower while maybe taking more damage overall but preserving AP?

Cheers!

DBC
  • Black Widow (original), Captain America (modern), Human Torch (Jonny Storm)

I can't take credit for this strategy. My wife came up with this and has perfected it over time. Even with turn to smoke guys it's pretty easy to finish this fight with little damage.

Use Black Widow to keep timers from going off and depriving the Bosses of AP so they can't do their special moves.
    Human Torch is your offense and Captain America is your defense.

General Note: This is a long fight and you can't hold more than 30 AP of a specific color so keep an eye on your AP. It's better to use a special move than make a match you don't keep the AP for.

Wave 1:
    Try to collect bluetile.png Blue first then greentile.png Green, redtile.png Red and purpletile.png Purple. With Black Widows bluetile.png Blue you can have some breathing room if you can't clear a timer with matches.
    It's always good to start collecting greentile.png Green and redtile.png Red for when wave 2 starts. Only use special moves if you have to. You want to try to keep has much AP as you can for the Bosses.

Wave 2:
    The first thing is to check enemy AP and see if you need to steal some with Black Widow's purpletile.png Purple.
    By now you might be getting close to the 30 AP cap on greentile.png Green. You can often drop Human Torch's greentile.png Green and keep it burning all the way to the end.
    If you have enough yellowtile.png Yellow now is a good time to use Captain America's yellowtile.png Yellow. If you've kept the enemies AP low they won't be able to do special moves and you should only be taking 1 damage match.
    Try to keep your bluetile.png Blue AP high for Wave 3.

Wave 3:
    This is much the same as wave 1. It's your chance to stock pile AP again for the next wave of Bosses. Keep your greentile.png Green burning and keep collecting greentile.png Green. In this wave it's better to let a timer go off then to go into wave 4 with no AP. Use Black Widows bluetile.png Blue only if you have to. Wave 4 is much easier if you have a lot of bluetile.png Blue for Captain America to stun everyone.

Wave 4:
    This is where the first 3 waves really pays off. If your board was okay or good so far you should be able to dispatch the Bosses with taking little to no damage.
    Same as wave 2. Steal as much AP as possible and drop Captain America's yellowtile.png Yellow if you have it.
    Typically there is one or two really annoying characters you'll want to stun with Captain America's bluetile.png Blue right away. Make sure you place his tiles where they won't be cleared. You'll need the AP back to keep them stunned until they are dead. Dr. Oct, Loki and Hulk are a few off the top of my head I like to stun. One those guys get going with special moves it's hard to stop them.
    Now that one or two of the Bosses are stunned and you have a bunch of Captain America's protect.png protect tiles out you can unleash hell. Between Human Torch's greentile.png Green that is still going and his redtile.png Red, you can often kill one boss before they make a move. Check your greentile.png Green AP if you have over 17-20 you can drop a second greentile.png Green and if you have 25-28 you can drop two greentile.pnggreentile.png more for a total of 3 greentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png .
    Best case scenario the 2 most annoying Bosses are stunned and the third is dead on your fist move of the wave.
    Just keep them stunned as much as possible and blast away.

Note: If you have a ton of blacktile.png Black AP (which is very likely) you can drop Human Torch's Black just make sure you've put out Captain America's Yellow, stolen AP and stunned one or two Bosses first since it depletes your teams bluetile.png Blue, purpletile.png Purple and yellowtile.png Yellow AP by 30%.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I go with Thor, Mags, and Storm. It used to be a lot easier with Mags' Polarity Shift, but the change just slightly altered how I do it. Following the standard advice of bank AP for the 2nd and 4th rounds and finish the 1st and 3rd rounds with an attack, it's fairly straight forward.

You're going to want to bank greentile.png and bluetile.png the most and try to have at least 22 bluetile.png and 14 (though 28, while high, is preferable) greentile.png going into the even rounds. Might sound daunting, but it's fairly easy. You can focus on near any color but black, obviously.

Now that Mags' PS gives you blue and red, you can use it to fuel Wind Storm and either Mjolnir’s Might (which will get you yellowtile.png, which allow you to use Thunder Strike which will get you greentile.png) or you can hope for the best with Magnetic Flux placement, which is still helpful for generating AP and knock out some harder goons. As long as you have 22 bluetile.png going into rounds 2 and 4, you'll be fine.

You use WS on the 2 toughest characters/characters that benefit from the goon generated AP, so they're frozen and deal 3676 damage to everyone. If you've got Thor's Call the Storm, put whoever has the highest HP in front. That's 4779 damage to 2 of the 3 and 5882 to whomever is in front. If you managed to bank enough for 2 CoS, not many characters will be left standing. If the only non-frozen character still has HP left, it won't be much and you should be able to knock them out quickly enough to deal with whomever is left frozen, with a few turns to either wear them down or hit them with something else.

I've never gone into the final around with less than 30 bluetile.png and 30 greentile.png. They usually never even get a move off.

I'll grant you this strategy isn't perfect. You'll always take a few hits from countdown tiles (though Thor and somewhat Mags can take them) and it does struggle hard against a goon team made up sole of The Hand in the first round. They have low HP and usually don't give you the time to get a nice cushion of AP, but it's not impossible. That said, I've done it several times with only a handful of fails. It's not pretty (it used to be), but it's been my rock the entire time.
  • Whosaninja
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice on this page. Meant I was able to beat it for the first time, although I went with Thor, Daken and OBW. Was a bit worried when the blues dried up so took a few big hits from the goons, but made it through in the end icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Phage42
    Phage42 Posts: 18
    Options

One quick clarification if I may? What balance am I looking for in wave 2? Quicker while depleting AP or slower while maybe taking more damage overall but preserving AP?

Cheers!

DBC

I had a huge advantage since I have Storm, and that gave me a lot of breathing room on wave 2 sometimes. But the general answer is, it depends on your specific situation. I generally went with fast if the enemy is particularly prone to firing nasty skills or passive, or more slowly if all you would take are match damage. Also I tend to end quick if I already have what I think is enough AP at that point. If the enemy is stunned for 4 turns, obviously, harvest away! Sorry for the vague answer cause it is very situational.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just wanted to report back... I DID IT!

I ended up using OBW, Ares, and CStorm.

It didn't go as planned, but I did it! I banked and banked and banked. Ended up without bluetile.png for wave 2, but fired off CStorm's greenflag.png , and HELLO, LOTS of blue! Wiped out the other team without getting hit.

I finished wave 3 without blue AGAIN, ended with major overkill, using CStorm's greenflag.png again, went into wave 4 and just blew everything I had.

OMG. I did it. With my 2* crew. Realizing I'm probably a bit too excited, I love this forum right now. Before I found this forum, I didn't own, are you ready? Ares, CStorm, OR OBW. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Just wanted to share a really cool experience, and say thanks to everyone who willingly takes the time to suss out the game, and then turns around and shares with us noobs... even day 500+ noobs like me. icon_redface.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Cheers!

DBC
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I go with Thor, Mags, and Storm. It used to be a lot easier with Mags' Polarity Shift, but the change just slightly altered how I do it. Following the standard advice of bank AP for the 2nd and 4th rounds and finish the 1st and 3rd rounds with an attack, it's fairly straight forward.

You're going to want to bank greentile.png and bluetile.png the most and try to have at least 22 bluetile.png and 14 (though 28, while high, is preferable) greentile.png going into the even rounds. Might sound daunting, but it's fairly easy. You can focus on near any color but black, obviously.

Now that Mags' PS gives you blue and red, you can use it to fuel Wind Storm and either Mjolnir’s Might (which will get you yellowtile.png, which allow you to use Thunder Strike which will get you greentile.png) or you can hope for the best with Magnetic Flux placement, which is still helpful for generating AP and knock out some harder goons. As long as you have 22 bluetile.png going into rounds 2 and 4, you'll be fine.

You use WS on the 2 toughest characters/characters that benefit from the goon generated AP, so they're frozen and deal 3676 damage to everyone. If you've got Thor's Call the Storm, put whoever has the highest HP in front. That's 4779 damage to 2 of the 3 and 5882 to whomever is in front. If you managed to bank enough for 2 CoS, not many characters will be left standing. If the only non-frozen character still has HP left, it won't be much and you should be able to knock them out quickly enough to deal with whomever is left frozen, with a few turns to either wear them down or hit them with something else.

I've never gone into the final around with less than 30 bluetile.png and 30 greentile.png. They usually never even get a move off.

I'll grant you this strategy isn't perfect. You'll always take a few hits from countdown tiles (though Thor and somewhat Mags can take them) and it does struggle hard against a goon team made up sole of The Hand in the first round. They have low HP and usually don't give you the time to get a nice cushion of AP, but it's not impossible. That said, I've done it several times with only a handful of fails. It's not pretty (it used to be), but it's been my rock the entire time.
    this is pretty much how I play it. only things I would add is that having at least 18 purple going into 2 and 4 also and 30 blue is my goal. green is gravy but thor's yellow feeds it so well I try and wait until I have more than 25 to cast it. add a mags red every once in a while and you get the AP train going and everything becomes easy. back to purple - if you have at least 9 purple you can triple windstorm and if you have at least 28 green, 2 call the storms and you're done. if you didn't get quite as much ap as you wanted that means you probably have red or yellow, mop up with that. blue for damage - red, purple, green, yellow are all ap generating colors on this team and once going, can almost winfinite. the team is sometimes slow in getting started and sometimes I take several hits in wave 1. if you can successfully spread the damage around and use them right, its kinda hard to wipe unless you get a very bad board (all blacks/TUs) or make a mistake (iron hammer....doh!).
  • crakker
    crakker Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I took the suggestions and tried it the first time with Thor, Mags, and Storm. Waves 1 & 2 went OK but unfortunately in wave 3 those goons have "telepathy" (?) and stunned my guys a few times and I lost Storm and Thor. Mags could not handle wave 4 by himself. Will have to look out for that next time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    crakker wrote:
    I took the suggestions and tried it the first time with Thor, Mags, and Storm. Waves 1 & 2 went OK but unfortunately in wave 3 those goons have "telepathy" (?) and stunned my guys a few times and I lost Storm and Thor. Mags could not handle wave 4 by himself. Will have to look out for that next time.
    use mags purple to match those away even if you have 30 blue - you don't want your team stunned especially if its late in the wave. early in the wave it can be managed but late and your dead.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OBW + Thor + Storm (5 green is a must for her).

No active black power, but you don't need it.

Thor yellow into Storm green = an AP bonanza, and you've got OBW's purple to add insult to injury. I frequently finish wave 4 without allowing the AI to take a turn, because I've got 30 AP (or darn close to it) in all colours at the start of that wave. Wind Storm x2, Call the Storm, Thunder Strike, Call the Storm.. not much survives that kind of pounding.

As long as you survive ninjas or hitmen in wave 1, you're fine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    One thing I thought of recently that I hadn't seen in the forum.

If you are using OBW, make sure to fire her purple off once or twice (or ten times icon_e_wink.gif ) before waves 2 & 4.

If you've got purple banked, nothing says, "Nice try" quite like draining the enemies' AP pool just before the beginning of a " hero" wave...

I probably survived one of my more infamous BE attempts (cStorm & OBW alone for 3 1/2 waves) largely because there wasn't any AP for enemy specials during waves 2 & 4. A couple back-and-forth matches, cStorm green, blue, green, blue... until game over.

DBC
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I use obw 355, capt america 355 and thor 355...

Obw and capt works round 1 and 3... U may end up using obw blue power once or twice in the beginning, but once capt gets his red and blue power going repeatingly, you're all set... Use obw to steal ap for u... Use capt red power as the last move in round 1 and 3 so you will get the first move entering round 2 or 4...

Thor fires away round 2 and 4, sometimes with the enemies without even getting a move. When entering round 2 or 4, your ap for yellow and green should be maxed, start by firing double green power then double yellow to get another green power... By this time, 2 enemies should be down and the remaning third pretty weak... Use thor red power to finish. Anyone still alive, stun with capt blue power...
  • Gandalf333
    Gandalf333 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Black Widow makes a huge difference for me. I still use her with my three stars, as stealing AP, healing, and lengthening timers makes a huge difference for this.

But solid two stars with her can be Daken and Wolverine, as they both can heal and do steady amounts of damage (sometimes by the end I have so many attack tiles out I'm doing crazy damage with just basic combinations, too). They were my go-to team for Enchilada, actually, until I got some 3 stars that could compete.

I don't generally like Ares for the longer waves, as his green gives greens to the enemy team. Though you can cheat on his yellow once he's taken damage and Black Widow has healed him, so if you have another green user like Storm or Thor (though he overlaps too much with Thor), it can work.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gandalf333 wrote:
    Black Widow makes a huge difference for me. I still use her with my three stars, as stealing AP, healing, and lengthening timers makes a huge difference for this.

But solid two stars with her can be Daken and Wolverine, as they both can heal and do steady amounts of damage (sometimes by the end I have so many attack tiles out I'm doing crazy damage with just basic combinations, too). They were my go-to team for Enchilada, actually, until I got some 3 stars that could compete.

I don't generally like Ares for the longer waves, as his green gives greens to the enemy team. Though you can cheat on his yellow once he's taken damage and Black Widow has healed him, so if you have another green user like Storm or Thor (though he overlaps too much with Thor), it can work.

Those attack tiles are why i am very happy Blade is coming up soon. I do not have his green yet.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OBW, wolverine, and storm works fine for this. My OBW has 5 black which works well with feral claws.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    OBW, wolverine, and storm works fine for this. My OBW has 5 black which works well with feral claws.

Storm black would be 3 star or 1 star wouldn't it?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

The topic is 2 stars, so it is 2 star storm. Black is OBW.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

The topic is 2 stars, so it is 2 star storm. Black is OBW.

Misread, maybe time for more coffee. lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    The team that I use for 2*s is Storm, Magneto, and Thor.

I use this team in the general way that people above are posting.

Wave 1)
    Try to beat the team out with as much matching as possible to collect all the AP. Once you think you have a sufficient amount, kill the last goon with a move (like Thor's red). Normally I collect enough AP to do enough for 1-2 Storm Blue's (Windstorm) and 1-2 Thor's Green (Call of the Storm). Once in a while, if I need to, I will resort to using Storm's green to build up AP and possibly another Storm Blue or to get rid of some countdown tiles/strike tiles. If you need to build up or need a match 4 to get rid of a countdown every now and then, Magneto's purple comes in handy.

Wave 2)
    Give them no chance to breath. Fire off Storm's Blue on the hero you think most dangerous. IE Luke Cage because his red is so annoying. Switch to another character and if you have enough AP fire off another Storm blue, then use Thor's green to clean up.

Wave 3)
    Collect AP again, this time for sure get enough Storm blue for 2 Windstorms and enough for 2 Thor green Call of the Storms. A lot of times I find that I have enough AP to go kind of power crazy because the enemies have enough life, so just gauge it. Just make sure you have enough to end with a move like Thor's red or yellow again or even Magneto's purple if you need to.

Wave 4)
    Don't let up, just Windstorm and Call of the Storm them to death. If you need to and have enough for Magneto's purple, use it to build up blue again and use Windstorm for that third time.

GG! The only hard ones I find are the ones with Teisatsu. I just hate those guys with a passion.
  • crakker
    crakker Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    crakker wrote:
    ... in wave 3 those goons have "telepathy" (?) and stunned my guys a few times and I lost Storm and Thor. ...
    use mags purple to match those away even if you have 30 blue

Well I wasn't sure what that meant until it dawned on me while playing. My previous mistake was saving the purple until I can make a 5-match. But now I see that I should use it to get rid of the blue CD tiles even if it's just a 3-match. And use Mags red to hopefully get rid of some of those when not enough purple - that got me out of a tight spot.

Got my first win! thanks