How to beat the Big Enchilada with 2 Star team

12346»

Comments

• fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Glancing through this, I seem to be the only person that regularly used the team of Wolverine/OBW/Bullseye. Basically, Bullseye was in there to provide shields to make sure that Black Widow didn't die tanking, and Wolverine was there to buff her damage. Then I'd take advantage of the fact that she hits twice, can heal, reset timers, and steal AP on a real regular basis if she's got Espionage at 5 and Recon at 3.

Usually, by the final wave, I'd have enough red and black AP saved up that Bullseye and Wolverine could kill the 2-3 members of the final wave before they even had a chance to attack.

It's generally worked pretty well for me, but I also have never had Magneto on my team, since I didn't find him that impressive at face value. The team's become a little more difficult to use recently though, since I seem to pull Bullseye covers at twice the rate I do OBW covers, and he won't let her use Espionage on 2/3s of her colors now.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Thor, storm, and obw may be the most reliable two start combination. I recently tried Hawkeye, Thor and bullseye just for fun and wrecked enchilada like nobody's business. It wouldn't be the most reliable method but made for lots of five matches and was a fun combination to try
  • Agent Why
    Agent Why Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I picked up this team suggestion on a different thread, huge thanks to RevSkip !!! The following is my commentary on his suggested team...

As an early 2* to 3* transitioner, I'd been having a terrible, no, make that nearly impossible time getting through the BE, and had nearly given up on any regular source of 3* covers. I'd tried suggestions from various threads, and also from my alliance. Nothing worked reliably until I tried this combo...

From lowest to highest level for tanking - this is essential (especially never level Storm above the other 2):
    Storm 5/5/3 - with this team, I've taken so little damage her yellow almost never goes off
    MNMags 3/5/5 - you'll nearly always use Storm's blue, so max red & max purple to make blue for Storm
    Ms Marvel 4/5/4 - almost and config will work, but this still gets to remove 3 protect with red if needed, reduces loss of random AP from 4 down to 3 on black, and still gives 8 TU tiles added on yellow.

I don't have any 3* characters that are battle ready, most of the 2* suggestions do not cover all the colors of the MPQ rainbow, and many of the suggestions are based on the "strategy" of "collect such & such a color in the first wave", with basically zero consideration that MPQ rarely indulges your need or desire to collect a specific color in a specific wave. With this team, almost any board will work, since you'll be collecting AP for some power or another. Ms Marvel's powers are relatively cheap and even though they don't hit too hard, she's got crazy health. Cheap powers are really, really useful in the first wave, and crazy health is great on days when Ultron's goons are in a wave.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    fanghoul wrote:
    Glancing through this, I seem to be the only person that regularly used the team of Wolverine/OBW/Bullseye. Basically, Bullseye was in there to provide shields to make sure that Black Widow didn't die tanking, and Wolverine was there to buff her damage. Then I'd take advantage of the fact that she hits twice, can heal, reset timers, and steal AP on a real regular basis if she's got Espionage at 5 and Recon at 3.

Usually, by the final wave, I'd have enough red and black AP saved up that Bullseye and Wolverine could kill the 2-3 members of the final wave before they even had a chance to attack.

It's generally worked pretty well for me, but I also have never had Magneto on my team, since I didn't find him that impressive at face value. The team's become a little more difficult to use recently though, since I seem to pull Bullseye covers at twice the rate I do OBW covers, and he won't let her use Espionage on 2/3s of her colors now.

I love this team and use it every day in the 2* team nodes. Never tried it in TBE but I bet it works great. Glad to see someone else is on the bandwagon.
  • rb8888
    rb8888 Posts: 5
    I've asked a similar question on reddit. I was told to use Magneto, Storm, and Thor. I have them around 99, 110, and 104 and I can get past 2 out of the 4 waves. I think the problem is that people giving advice were completed The Big Enchilada awhile back and things have changed considerably. The team is still good, but I think they need to be at max level to survive 4 waves (of foes up to level 132-ish).
  • jcseely
    jcseely Posts: 5
    rb8888 wrote:
    I've asked a similar question on reddit. I was told to use Magneto, Storm, and Thor. I have them around 99, 110, and 104 and I can get past 2 out of the 4 waves. I think the problem is that people giving advice were completed The Big Enchilada awhile back and things have changed considerably. The team is still good, but I think they need to be at max level to survive 4 waves (of foes up to level 132-ish).
    Not at all! That's roughly the level at which I began beating TBE every day with that same team. Right now my Thormneto team is 113/114/111 and it's getting close to the point that it's an automatic win. You just have to be planning your moves carefully--look for 4 and 5 matches obviously, but also look for double 3-matches and 3-matches that will fall and create another 3 match--and use all your accelerators (Thor yellow, Magneto purple and red, Storm green) until you've got tons of AP and have the ability to make more than you can use.

Good luck!
  • imsel
    imsel Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I tend to use Wolverine, Original Black Widow, and Captain Marvel. They hit all the colors. OBW can keep counters up until you can match them and heal as well as steal AP with purple to keep the AI from getting out of control. Captain Marvel has AOE damage, can nuke tiles with yellow, and in a pinch red can take out protects if you can't get to them. Wolverine makes strike tiles and his red can take out the most dangerous foe, yellow in a pinch will heal him. First wave can be a bit dicey, but after that careful matching and judicious use of various abilities it's generally a win.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    jcseely wrote:
    rb8888 wrote:
    Not at all! That's roughly the level at which I began beating TBE every day with that same team. Right now my Thormneto team is 113/114/111 and it's getting close to the point that it's an automatic win. You just have to be planning your moves carefully--look for 4 and 5 matches obviously, but also look for double 3-matches and 3-matches that will fall and create another 3 match--and use all your accelerators (Thor yellow, Magneto purple and red, Storm green) until you've got tons of AP and have the ability to make more than you can use.

Good luck!

It has absolutely gotten harder. A year ago, before the DDQ changes, I could beat TBE with under-covered, under-leveled 2*'s. My wife recently started playing and has several toons at or near level 94, and there is no way she can beat this (I have tried with various teams of hers as well).

The major change new rosters have to contend with now is that tile movers can show up anywhere. In today's TBE, for example, there are tile movers in every single wave. In the old system, it was always goons/heroes/goons/heroes--you could stockpile then launch, stockpile then launch. It is much more difficult now.
  • I'm 2* transitioning to 3*.
    I just won my first Big Enchilada!

Thor/Magneto/OBW

I've never been a heavy Magneto user, and I love Storm, but she's got that "glass cannon" reputation and I usually only get one chance to use her.
    I lost Thor early - at the beginning of the 2nd wave - and pretty much OBW'd my way through.
    Overall I had 2 Magneto blueflag.png board clears and 2 redflag.png section clears. Magneto went down at the start of the 4th wave, and I took the last two "sentries" down one turn at a time. One freakin' turn at a time. But eventually I caught them.

Now I can say I've done it once, so hopefully it will be a regular occasion soon.
  • PFellah
    PFellah Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I've been using MN Magneto, Modern Hawkeye, and MN Thor with pretty good results.

In general terms, it gives coverage for every color but black, so match damage is pretty consistent.

I usually focus on purple to try and fire Magneto's blue to create crits, which will fire Hawkeye's passive -- four or five of those arrows can wipe the hero on a one-hero-plus-grunts wave, or can possibly take 2 cannon-fodder enemies (even 3 if you whittle them down creatively).

Next priorities are red (Hawkeye) and green (Thor) because there's a group damage option, though if I feel like a particular wave is under control (clearing enemy countdowns pretty well, active heroes not a particular threat), I'll let my red pool so I can use Mag's 1-turn splodey-tile to start a subsequent round against an enemy hero.

Grab yellow and blue when there are no better plays. Yellow to feed Thor's green (and occasionally it'll land a crit if the board already has decent green coverage); blue depends where the battle is -- if there's an active threat, use Hawkeye's blue to freeze it out; if it's mostly fodder, just shake the board with Magneto's.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hawkeye Mags and Storm, 9 Purple tends to start a loop of Match 5's and Stunned enemies
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should this still be stickied? It only contains tips about the 'old style', 4-wave TBE.
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Magneto, hawkeye and a tank. Go purple go