How to beat the Big Enchilada with 2 Star team

Options
Unknown
edited April 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Does anyone have advise on how to beat this and who they use? I have a few 2 star 94's but only Hood 91 and Punisher 76 3 star that are high.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Human Torch probably has the best power set for Survival mode. Try him with Daken and Thor maybe?
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    MnMags/Cstorm/mHawkeye still works (+3 b/p boost optional). Focus on building up blue and green during waves 1/3 and quickly cast 1/2 windstorms in waves 2/4 always stunning priority targets (i.e. Hood, Hulk, CMarvel, DP) or targets that have a power ready that will wreck your team (e.g. BP with enough black). Remember to either let a countdown (Speedshot, or mag's red) or a skill like cstorm blue (important for those ninjas) or green (when you only need to do ~500/600 damage and don't want to overkill or a match 5 kill the last goon.

Alternatively, OBW/(Thor/Ares)/X works most of the time, if you use OBW to deny AP from the enemy and then build up green for CotS during waves 2/4 to wipe them out quickly before they can fire off powers. X can be someone with a Black power for example, to have rainbow coverage. OBW blue will also save you from tricky CD tiles that you can't quite deal with in time.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Use Storm (Classic)[5/5/3] ; Magneto (Marvel Now)[3/5/5] and either Hawkeye (Modern)[3/5/5] or Black Widow (Original)[3/5/5].

Chip away at all the goons with Espionage (if you went with Widow over Hawkeye) until they are all dead/low, prioritizing Purple, Blue and Red matches. Take special care to keep them alive until you meet the following criteria

22 Blue AP ; 9 Purple AP ; 14 Red AP OR 14 Green AP

OR

11 Blue AP ; 18 Purple AP ; 14 Red AP OR 14 Green AP

Once you have that, you can finish off the final Goon. Do so in the following manner ;
    Set up Magneto's Red and end your turn with a match that won't kill the Goon, then let the Countdown finish him.
    OR
    Bring the Goon as low as possible without killing him, then fire Storm's Green.

Collect the Bonus AP, then upon the new wave Alpha Strike them with
    Storm Blue ; Storm Blue ; Magneto Purple
    OR
    Magneto Purple ; Storm Blue ; Magneto Purple ; Storm Blue

depending on which AP you were able to collect.

Rinse and repeat for the second Goon wave and second Character Wave.

Important notes ;
    Always finish a wave with a power
    Try not to let the characters have a single un-stunned turn, when applicable
    If you get a bad board, don't be afraid to retreat and try again.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My go to team is C.Storm-oBW-MNMags. I rarely even have a CD tile go off and then just make sure I use a power to end each wave so I get first turn when the new wave starts.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only had one try with thor/storm/mags that didn't work - and on that one I made a mistake. They are nearly foolproof if you play them right. Thor yellow feeds Storm green that feeds everything. Mags red feeds everything. Mags purple feeds storm blue and his own red. The only color that isn't useful is black. I usually always enter wave 4 with 30 ap in purple/blue and one other usable color. With that you can triple storm easily and mop up whoever is left since they'll be stunned for 4 turns. As mentioned by others keys are building ap during goon nodes but finishing goon nodes with an ability - very important especially finishing wave 3. Once you get the ap generation going, its just about a winfinite but takes some time to get going, which waves 1 and 3 give you time for.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My "video club" submission is a guide on exactly this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaCjkmXF-pY (shameless plug)

I like to use OBW, 2* Thor and 2* Storm. I usually make it through without even taking damage. But as you see, everyone has their go-to teams.
  • igz
    igz Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My go-to team to clear the 4 rounds (after the most recent nerf) has been obw, 2* thor, and 2* mags.

I use blue matches and mags purple power to build up blues used to postpone goon countdowns with obw. Mags power allows for faster hoarding of reds, which feeds down to yellow and green with thor. I can almost always clear the 2nd and 4th rounds with thor's powers.

But a very good suggestion already mentioned: do not allow the 2nd and 4th rounds to start after one of your matches, always start at the beginning of a series of attacks. This completely neutralizes any stocked up AP the enemy team may have.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My team has been (left to right) OBW - 2* Daken - 2* Thor. As said, use the goon waves to stockpile AP, focusing on blue/pink/anything but black. End the wave with a power, probably Thor red. You should probably have enough AP to unleash each of Thor's yellow/green powers twice, maybe more. Bring the pain to the characters. Repeat for waves 3 and 4.
  • Phage42
    Phage42 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm on board the Magstorm train. The major difference from a lot of people seems to be the use of Ms Marvel as the third. It's an excellent pairing, actually. Her yellow is cheaper than Thor's and tends to lead to merry cascades. Also, unlike Thor's yellow, her yellow actually had a chance to overwrite those pesky countdown or special tiles. She also covers black, so with this combination you actually have all the colors covered. I actually liked to use her black to finish off the last enemy before wave transitions, or sometimes as finishing moves on wave 2 or 4.
  • I use normally OBW (3/5/5), Ares and cMags (even after nerv).

Against Goons I use now damage powers (with the exception to kill the last goon and get the first turn against the fresh enemy team . cMags red is great for this as the oponent can´t match the tile and you get additional resources.)
    Use OBW blue to prevent goon tiles to trigger. The heal is also great to ensure all my characters will survive. Use cMags purple to get additonal blues. Due to her black, OBW can deal a good amount of damage while matching tiles.

Ares is there for tanking (a lot of HP) and kill the final wave of enemys (you should have 30 green and 30 yellow). Green will kill the most hp enemy and three times yellow will kill the second (the third minion should not have a green active ability). If you use the yellow on the second wave, heal back with OBWs blue.

It takes some time, 99% of the time I will succeed on the first try.
  • Phage42 wrote:
    I'm on board the Magstorm train. The major difference from a lot of people seems to be the use of Ms Marvel as the third. It's an excellent pairing, actually. Her yellow is cheaper than Thor's and tends to lead to merry cascades. Also, unlike Thor's yellow, her yellow actually had a chance to overwrite those pesky countdown or special tiles. She also covers black, so with this combination you actually have all the colors covered. I actually liked to use her black to finish off the last enemy before wave transitions, or sometimes as finishing moves on wave 2 or 4.
    MagStorm+MsMarvel is my usual choice too
  • I did it today with OBW, Thor, Ares - banked abilities in the first, popping an ability if a counter was about to go off that I couldn't address. Wiped out the character wave with abilities. Healed on the third wave and gathered. Popped abilities in the final round. Pretty basic, but you have to watch the counters - blue ones hurt and can cripple OBW if you're not careful. You need her heal to make it through most likely. I guess if I had Daken levelled up, I wouldn't need Ares and Thor, but that's what I've got to work with right now.
  • Thanks for the great tips everyone. I finally beat the whole Deadpool daily and got ironically enough the purple Deadpool cover. I squeaked by with a level 86 Daken,level 86 Ares, and level 31 OBW. I'm glad I had the purple and blue covers. I also used a blue/purple boost. That OBW heal power really saved me between waves.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I seem to be the only one using a 2* squad of OBW, Captain America, and Thor.

It's really all about Cap here, manipulating tiles to overwrite Goon attacks. OBW just steals all their AP to prevent powers going off from the 2nd and 4th rounds of characters. By the time they show up I have all AP maxed at 30 (ideally) and I just use Thor to CTS and Thunder Strike them to death.

-Always be sure to down the last Goon in the 1st and 3rd waves with a Cap Red attack, that way you ensure yourself 1st turn when the Heros/Villains show up in the next wave.
    -I'm also sure to set off Cap's yellow before the 2nd and 4th waves to prevent any match damage from the Heros/Villains, and to also recharge my yellow AP while still fighting the 1st and 3rd rounds of goons to have plenty left for Thunder Strike.
    -Cap's blue stun comes in handy vs the 2nd and 4th rounds of Heros/Villains when facing Hulk (to prevent Anger), Captain Marvel (Energy Absorbtion), Deadpool (LotP), and Hood (to stop his damn blue from stealing my sh*t), just to name a few.

The most difficult part is the first wave, where you need to quickly build up Red and Blue AP to let Cap do his thing... Once you've accomplished that, you're off to the races. I've only lost with this trio once since the inception of DPD and that was due to ninjas in the first wave turning to smoke and attack tiling my team to pieces.

I've since built up a decent 3* star team, but these guys remain my Big Enchilada go to.

I hope this helps!
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My team is Original Black Widow, 2* Thor and 2* Wolverine. As with most of the folks, I use OBW during the goon waves to either steal AP with purple and/or increase the timers with the blue healing. I bank Thor's and Wolverine's powers for the 2nd and 4th waves. Maybe trigger a couple of Feral Claws to get the strike tiles. On the third wave, I wait until just before I defeat the last goon to trigger another purple steal. After that, on the 4th wave, a couple of Feral Claws and Adamantium Slashes takes care of the majority of whoever they send. Also use Thor's Call the Storm to damage all opponents. Have won with combo more often than any other team.
  • ninja-monkey-91
    ninja-monkey-91 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been using (2*)Ms. Marvel lvl80, CStorm lvl 65 & MNMags lvl 71 and doing ok. I can complete the node but scaling is bringing the hero waves up a fair bit so it's starting to become close call wins, (yesterday I made it through with Mags down to 49 health and Storm ~400. Only won because I had enough powers to stop the last wave making any moves.)

I have Ares & OBW but not enough covers to warrant using them just now.

I find the best tactic is to whittle the goon waves down with match damage and save your powers for the hero waves. The only time I use powers on the goon waves is if I can't get rid of a countdown and really can't afford to take the hit off it (Mags polarity shift is quite good here).

Also remember to finish the last goon with a power or a match-5 as that keeps control with you when the hero wave starts.
  • HawkGuy616
    HawkGuy616 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mags, Hawkeye, and Ares are my go-to team. Mags' purple charges his blue and sets off Hawkeye's purple. Mags' blue takes care of countdown tiles. I charge Ares green, yellow, and red during waves 1/3. Add long as there's enough purple on the board to start with, I rarely fall on the first try.
  • OK, time to ask the pros...

Sooo, I've attempted the Big Enchilada mutliple times, usually with OBW, Thor (or Ares), and Daken, or even OBW, Thor AND Ares... no luck

What usually happens is I lose OBW early on, followed by the rest of the team, usually around the 3rd wave.

Any suggestions? I cannot escape the feeling that there is some stupid obvious thing I'm missing...

TIA!

DBC
  • My 2* team is OBW, Thor and Mags. I've kept my Mags at 82 so that OBW tanks blue and purple (which means she steals an extra blue/purple when I make matches).

In rounds 1 and 3 with the goons I focus on:

a) matching blue until I have enough that I can fire OBW's blue to stop countdown tiles going off.
    b) matching purple so that I can use Mags' purple to generate blue for OBW so she can stop countdown tiles going off.
    c) collecting green, yellow and red for Thor so he can stomp the guys in rounds 2 and 4 before they can fire any abilities off.

I don't fire any of Thor's abilities in rounds 1 or 3 to save AP for rounds 2 and 4. Only exception is if I dont have the blue for OBW to delay countdown tiles any more in which I case I'll use Thor to take down the goon that is going to hurt me.

Once I've got the last goon in round 1/3 down to low health I normally fire off Thor's red or Mag's purple to down them. That means that I get first crack at the incoming team in round 2/4. I then fire off Thor's green twice against the most dangerous member of the incoming team in 2/4 and Thor's yellow as many times as I can which will hopefully generate more green to allow Thor to fire off his green at least one more time. Normally at this point the characters in round/24 you are facing are dead - if not hit them with Thor's red.

This strategy is slow in rounds 1 and 3 because you are taking out the goons with pure match damage but has worked for me so far.
  • Phage42
    Phage42 Posts: 18
    Options
    OK, time to ask the pros...

Sooo, I've attempted the Big Enchilada mutliple times, usually with OBW, Thor (or Ares), and Daken, or even OBW, Thor AND Ares... no luck

What usually happens is I lose OBW early on, followed by the rest of the team, usually around the 3rd wave.

Any suggestions? I cannot escape the feeling that there is some stupid obvious thing I'm missing...

TIA!

DBC

I'm using the team I described above, so ymmv. But there are some guidelines I follow:

- General cadence: hoard AP on wave 1, release some to quickly take down dangerous characters in wave 2, hoard even more AP on wave 3, finish with a bang on wave 4.

- Wave 1 is always the trickiest for me. It's a balance between hoarding AP and dealing with countdown tiles. Go for cascades and match 4+ obviously. Don't be afraid to let less painful countdown tiles go off. In your case, OBW would be a superstar in wave 1. In my case, I use Ms. Marvel yellow power to try to wipe countdown tiles. As numerated many times above: finish your last opponent with a power or a match 5 to retain initiative going to wave 2. This is very important.

- The most dangerous opponent in wave 2 is the one with enough AP accumulated to immediately fire a power, or with strong passive (e.g. Hulk). In my case, I have Storm, so that opponent gets stunned immediately. You want to take down the party in as few turn as possible, while continuing to build AP.

- Wave 3 is much the same as wave 1, except with a greater AP pool to begin with, I usually find it easier to deal with countdown tiles. Stretch this wave as long as possible for you want your team to be brimming with AP by the start of wave 4. Again, finish with a power or match 5.

- By the time I get to wave 4, I usually have enough AP to down everything immediately. Profit!

I don't always get to play a perfect game with my team (i.e. taking no damage) but it's doable. I did it as recently as this morning.