Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• There is no way she is the second best character in the game now, not after these changes, her surge+smite dmg ratio now is pretty bad... only 402dmg per ap for 19ap.[/quote]
    402dmg per AP, plus stun, plus charged tiles (which you will utilize better than the opponent), and most importantly, she has 20k tinykitty HP[/quote]

402 is pretty low, Luke, cyclops, BP and Lthor do more than that for dmg per ap ratio.
    She now makes 5 charged tiles instead of 12, Goodluck trying to match those 5 charged tiles on a 64 tile board.
    She actually has 16k Hp not 20k.[/quote]

Cyclops is a squishy striker, not a tank, and team damage is less valuable than single target damage and, appropriately, generally costs less[/quote]

HAH! First off, Team damage is way way more valuable. Damage in general is the thing of value, and team damage is how you get numbers like 9046 damage for 14 AP onto a power.

Secondly there isn't a team damage ability out there, besides Punisher who does a moderate 783*3 for 7 AP, that costs less than 12 AP. Doc Ock, Gamora, Thor, BP, Deadpool, all >12 AP. They are not cheap.

Thirdly, the "squishy" striker has the 4th highest HP in 3* land you can have. He's the premiere 7350 health character, which was never a thing before. It goes Hulk, Thor/Sentry and his 10200 buddies, Captain America and his 8500 buddies, and then Cyke. He's not so squishy.

Lastly, large amounts of health are not a reason to kneecap a characters damage output. 3* Thor will be better than 4* Thor after these changes and that's just wrong. 550-600 damage per AP is crucial to a 4*s existence, otherwise they are just dead roster weight. You want lower damage for her 16k health, fine, then Smite should do at LEAST 5500 plus 1025 per Charge tile. That's "low" in 4* land.[/quote]

Completely agree, Thoress yellow didnt need to be hit at all, her yellow is now roughly 525dmg per ap... lets compare that to BP, ROTP does 925dmg per ap.
  • And where in the hell were the announcements for these changes? I only ask because it seems like you guys wanted people to buys covers right up until the point they got changed. How did you think people would react if they had bought IF covers this week or any of these covers, let's say yesterday? I keep thinking about it and it keeps making me mad. Now I really want to know, are you trying to make people angry or did you have a team of people and this really not cross any of their minds? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

This is the announcement. There's 11 days between now and the changes, so anyone still buying covers has the information they need. People who bought it yesterday should be refunded.

In the general sense, any character that can break the general game mechanics (stun lock, infinite turns, etc...) has been reviewed and addressed. While there was no announcement that they were contemplating a change, anyone who has been around long enough would know that 'winfinite' was going to be addressed at some point.

I bought two purple covers for IF yesterday , sucks alot =/
  • Welp, this was unfortunate.

I'm actually not happy at all, especially since this is the 2nd character for whom I spent real money and was subsequently nerfed (the other being CMags). No warning, no upcoming character change heads-up. Looking for news on IW only to be Power Surged and Smite'd (Smitten?) in the face.

In addition -- although I didn't invest too much in IF -- D3 has no business nerfing this character so soon after release. It's not like they didn't have a diverse enough character eco-system within which they could balance his powers prior to release. Releasing a character that is OP, getting people excited about him, getting people to spend money (I haven't but obviously others have), and then to nerf is not cool. I still give D3 the benefit of the doubt but I'm just not happy about the way this is being done.

All of this is only heightened more for me because I feel like -- after the last video interview -- the devs don't actually play the game and so they don't have anywhere near the same idea of gameplay that we do. I don't like the idea that even after all this time, money, loyalty, etc. we're being dictated to on a whim...

On the flipside I suppose if I were a transitioning player this is GREAT NEWS and props to D3 for hearing our cry! icon_neutral.gif
  • Welp, this was unfortunate.

I'm actually not happy at all, especially since this is the 2nd character for whom I spent real money and was subsequently nerfed (the other being CMags). No warning, no upcoming character change heads-up. Looking for news on IW only to be Power Surged and Smite'd (Smitten?) in the face.

In addition -- although I didn't invest too much in IF -- D3 has no business nerfing this character so soon after release. It's not like they didn't have a diverse enough character eco-system within which they could balance his powers prior to release. Releasing a character that is OP, getting people excited about him, getting people to spend money (I haven't but obviously others have), and then to nerf is not cool. I still give D3 the benefit of the doubt but I'm just not happy about the way this is being done.

All of this is only heightened more for me because I feel like -- after the last video interview -- the devs don't actually play the game and so they don't have anywhere near the same idea of gameplay that we do. I don't like the idea that even after all this time, money, loyalty, etc. we're being dictated to on a whim...

On the flipside I suppose if I were a transitioning player this is GREAT NEWS and props to D3 for hearing our cry! icon_neutral.gif

To be fair, CMags and IF were ridiculous. It wasn't a question of IF they were going to nerf IF, it was really WHEN. I'm surprised they got to IF so quickly...I expected 5 months at least.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    I think the developers confused Rags with a 2*, because his ability is decent for a 2* at 94. 2200 damage to all enemies and 400 to his own team (-1200) = 5400 net gain vs 2* Thor's 2200 to one, 1100 to the others = 4400 net gain.

ROFL

On a side note, if they are going to defang 4* Thor they need to defang 3* too. He has all the HP of 4* per capita, but way more power than her now. Sad, is it because she is a girl D3?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    akiratang wrote:
    Secondly there isn't a team damage ability out there, besides Punisher who does a moderate 783*3 for 7 AP, that costs less than 12 AP. Doc Ock, Gamora, Thor, BP, Deadpool, all >12 AP. They are not cheap.

She Hulk says hi, but she wants a buff to her blue.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Just how out of touch are D3?

Look at the rewards preview for the GSBW PvP....guess which cover is the *2 reward if you don't make top 100? You guessed it - MNMags purpleflag.png !!!

Out of touch, or infinitely cruel?
  • Dauthi wrote:
    I think the developers confused Rags with a 2*, because his ability is decent for a 2* at 94. 2200 damage to all enemies and 400 to his own team (-1200) = 5400 net gain vs 2* Thor's 2200 to one, 1100 to the others = 4400 net gain.

ROFL

On a side note, if they are going to defang 4* Thor they need to defang 3* too. He has all the HP of 4* per capita, but way more power than her now. Sad, is it because she is a girl D3?

It seems like they only care if you're overpowered if you make 'infinites'(ProfX nerf, IF nerf, Mag nerf)

So why nerf 3*Thor when he doesn't infinite *kappa*
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    This is the announcement. There's 11 days between now and the changes, so anyone still buying covers has the information they need. People who bought it yesterday should be refunded.

Unless they don't visit the forums. Woe to the other population just now buying their 4hor/IF covers, or for the next two weeks!

How many people are off the forums, spending enough to buy 4Thor/IF covers, and are not in a top 150-200 alliance (as I'm certainly this is being talked about in all of them)?

I'm sure there's some people in the middle of that Venn diagram, but guessing it's a pretty small group.

I agree in a general sense, it's silly they don't announce these things in game, but it's so frequent that I have to imagine anyone who cares enough has found their way here by now.
  • Dauthi wrote:

ROFL

I think that ability of rags is gonna be no joke, the amount of times we face Rag in PVE, and the amount of those that reach lvl 250+, i'd imagine that aoe will do 4k+
    Goon that feeds green to Rag... GG
  • What he can do in PvE as a level 300 is not relevant to what he does for us as characters on our rosters. For us, his green is stupidly overpriced team damage drivel.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Devs are making this game slower, longer, more stresfull.
    This game was good maybe aroung first month of playing.
    Practicly best this on this game is this community.

Maybe we all should go to another game?
  • raziel777 wrote:
    QKtEYkH.jpg

<standing ovation>
  • Phillipes
    Oh, I almost forgot, I leveled Mystique to full around two weeks ago.

Since she is not usable from now on, I want you to underlevel her back to level 40,
    so my scaling should lower (lets say) around 10 - 15 levels...

And of course, I want my ISO back.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is all part of an amazingly long term plan to make everyone else worse than Moonstone.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    The change to polarity shift is a Moonstone buff because of more red on board.

#devsmoonstoneagenda

icon_e_wink.gif
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    D3, i implore you to reconsider this nerf. or give paying customers fair recompense (note: not the **** "elevated resell price" you've tried in the past).

i really enjoy playing this game, i'm a fan of the Marvel multiverse, and i really enjoy playing with my alliance. but on principle i would have a real problem with continuing to support a company with unethical and deceptive business practices.

you can check my posts on this forum, and i have consistently spoken out against those who constantly want something for nothing. so i hope you take this as an opinion of someone who tries to be fair and balanced. this is clearly unethical.
  • Phillipes
    Developers are still fixing what isn´t broken istead of most obvious flaws (PVP mechanics, PVE scaling, ...)
    Sigh. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • evil panda wrote:
    D3, i implore you to reconsider this nerf. or give paying customers fair recompense (note: not the **** "elevated resell price" you've tried in the past).

i really enjoy playing this game, i'm a fan of the Marvel multiverse, and i really enjoy playing with my alliance. but on principle i would have a real problem with continuing to support a company with unethical and deceptive business practices.

you can check my posts on this forum, and i have consistently spoken out against those who constantly want something for nothing. so i hope you take this as an opinion of someone who tries to be fair and balanced. this is clearly unethical.

Thats the answer they gave me today "Resell Price" hows that gonna fix it seriously...