Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Options

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I actually bought my 5th blueflag.png 4Thor cover and I am still OK with this change. She was incredibly OP, this was a better nerf than the previous ones *cough* icon_sentry.png *cough*
    She is still playable but you will instead think twice and maybe play with someone else who is not an auto-win like Fury or LThor. Roster diversity is a good thing. Now let's fix roster slots.

icon_ragnarok.png new abilities, just meh. Happy that the ai can't spam his greenflag.png in PVE anymore.

MNMags, just bad. Punishing 2* teams.

icon_mystique.png, not caring. Was never going to use her, too squishy.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Power Surge - Old - 9 AP
    Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes. Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and converts 3 random Red, Blue, or Yellow basic tiles into Charged tiles.
    Level 2 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 3 charged tiles.
    Level 3 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Stuns for 3 turns. Makes 5 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Stuns for 4 turns. Makes 12 charged tiles.

Power Surge - New - 9 AP
    Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes. Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and converts 2 random Red, Blue, or Yellow basic tiles into Charged tiles.
    Level 2 - Stuns for 1 turn. Makes 3 charged tiles.
    Level 3 - Stuns for 1 turn. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Stuns for 3 turns. Makes 5 charged tiles.

Well, time for all the people who said that they'd quit the game if 4or was nerfed to quit the game.

I'm looking forward to the changes. maybe we'll have a balanced metagame now! Some of the nerfs seem a little off though: did 4or yellow really need to be changed?
    They should quit and if they don't I'm sure the next round of nerfs will do it. Metagame will be better when more p2w players quit and the game is ran by mostly f2p players?
    I mean really what are they saying?
    Is it
      (A)The game is only fun if you save iso and don't buy covers (B) Don't invest in this game because we will upset you later on (C) Were just making the game more even but we won't fix the characters that need buffs. No money to be made. (D) People on forums whined and this is their pacifier (E) I have majority covers of a character but you shouldn't buy them because if their worthy of being purchased, were going to nerf it.

100% agree!
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    To everyone that is comparing the AP to Damage ratio for XF and 4or, factor in the 3 turn stun and her 50% more HP.

Ok, A) the 3 turn stun isn't really worth squat. Unless it's the last charcter standing they are still collecting AP and will still hit you with that ability 3 turns from now. It has marginal usefuless as a stun at a cost of 9 (MBWs is still better). 2) L.Thor has the most possible HP for a 3* and he still does crazy damage per AP with a power fed greenflag.png . And finally, she USED TO be 637 damage per AP, and now she's 402. That isn't a balance tweak that is out and out character assassination.

If you want slightly less damage because of the more HP I'd accept 500-550 damage per AP for base Smite (and Power Smite). This 402 stuff has to go.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    I think the 4hor changes look good, she's a lot less scary but still the second best character in the game. lol at the yellow nerf but it's not like that difference will affect anything ever, sooo

In a vacuum I like the cMags change but unfortunately in practice I think it means he just doesn't have a place on any teams, 3 or 2 star, anymore. It would have been nice if his other powers were boosted a bit to compensate.

Iron Fist looks balanced now, I think the auto-damage he gives makes him a bit on the overpowered side but not incredibly so.

I don't think the Mystique changes are good or necessary. If you need to tone it down, at the least keep it a 3-match ability.

I can't decide if the new "Thor-mirroring" aspect of Rags is cool or lame, but I really like the new Rags. His red was always a good ability and still is, and I think people are underestimating his new blue - I'm assuming it's fake healing, but it's fake healing on a character you want to be tanking and isn't incredibly overcosted - I foresee a lot of red and blue spam and the green isn't useless if the guy with the better green dies...

There is no way she is the second best character in the game now, not after these changes, her surge+smite dmg ratio now is pretty bad... only 402dmg per ap for 19ap.
    Lukes Yellow alone is 546dmg per ap.
    Cyclops black is around 615dmg per ap.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    I think the 4hor changes look good, she's a lot less scary but still the second best character in the game. lol at the yellow nerf but it's not like that difference will affect anything ever, sooo

In a vacuum I like the cMags change but unfortunately in practice I think it means he just doesn't have a place on any teams, 3 or 2 star, anymore. It would have been nice if his other powers were boosted a bit to compensate.

Iron Fist looks balanced now, I think the auto-damage he gives makes him a bit on the overpowered side but not incredibly so.

I don't think the Mystique changes are good or necessary. If you need to tone it down, at the least keep it a 3-match ability.

I can't decide if the new "Thor-mirroring" aspect of Rags is cool or lame, but I really like the new Rags. His red was always a good ability and still is, and I think people are underestimating his new blue - I'm assuming it's fake healing, but it's fake healing on a character you want to be tanking and isn't incredibly overcosted - I foresee a lot of red and blue spam and the green isn't useless if the guy with the better green dies...

It's not useless, but it is overpriced. It's CtS lite for CtS cost, which is incredibly incredibly lame.
    I think it could probably cost less, but Rags's "boosting" moves are cheaper than Thor's and I can see how it's hard to balance costs on a "self-boosting" character. And beyond that, CtS is just SUCH a pushed power.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kthunder wrote:
    Moral of the story; do not give these filthy rats another penny of your hard earned money.

I swore off giving them any cash when they made the True Healing changes, when I was just getting into 2*->3* transition and really needed that OBW heal time.

That was almost a year ago, and time had almost healed my wounds....was waiting for an HP sale so I could level 4hor. Glad they went nerf before HP sale, lets me keep that vow.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    History lesson:

1. New OP strategies emerge in the meta.
    2. Devs nerf said strategies.
    3. People complain like no other, because they were relying on those strategies.
    4. Repeat step one.

One day all you youngin's who haven't been around that long with catch on, and life will be better. I promise.
  • akiratang wrote:
    gamar wrote:

There is no way she is the second best character in the game now, not after these changes, her surge+smite dmg ratio now is pretty bad... only 402dmg per ap for 19ap.
    402dmg per AP, plus stun, plus charged tiles (which you will utilize better than the opponent), and most importantly, she has 20k tinykitty HP
  • The general consensus in regards to the 4hor nerf:

Yay - 98% of people that don't have 4hor or don't quite understand her game mechanics.

Nay - 100% of the people that have invested in 4hor, nerfing is warranted but went too far with the ugly stick.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MN Mags's blue will now only make 1 critical tile on average, and the amount of blue he can potentially generate has been heavily cut down. The Stormneto combo is still somewhat viable, but it's a lot slower, and both of them are rather squishy...

I would have liked to have seen a buff to his other two powers, to make up for the nerf. Why should 2* transitioners be punished (by neutering one of the most effective combos - one that even your own artist Jae listed as his favourite ability combo) for a combo used by 3* players, without getting anything back in return? Yes, it made a lot of matches easier, especially with boosts - but wasn't that the point? It wasn't particularly overpowered and did require a favourable board to drop enough purple. You shouldn't be nerfing legitimate synergistic ability combos just to correct the balance of a 3* character that came along later.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    History lesson:

1. New OP strategies emerge in the meta.
    2. Devs nerf said strategies.
    3. People complain like no other, because they were relying on those strategies.
    4. Repeat step one.

One day all you youngin's who haven't been around that long with catch on, and life will be better. I promise.

Right - but what to take from that lesson is don't spend money on any resources that will get you to the OP strategy, because you'll simply be out that money pretty soon. That's what to learn from this history lesson (once again...)
  • gamar wrote:
    akiratang wrote:
    gamar wrote:

402dmg per AP, plus stun, plus charged tiles (which you will utilize better than the opponent), and most importantly, she has 20k tinykitty HP

402 is pretty low, Luke, cyclops, BP and Lthor do more than that for dmg per ap ratio.
    She now makes 5 charged tiles instead of 12, Goodluck trying to match those 5 charged tiles on a 64 tile board.
    She actually has 16k Hp not 20k.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quite honestly, I feel I should've learned my lesson after sentry. Now i'm positive this is just something this company does and certainly I will not put risk into paying anything for this game again.
  • akiratang wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    akiratang wrote:
    gamar wrote:

402 is pretty low, Luke, cyclops, BP and Lthor do more than that for dmg per ap ratio.
    She now makes 5 charged tiles instead of 12, Goodluck trying to match those 5 charged tiles on a 64 tile board.
    She actually has 16k Hp not 20k.

Cyclops is a squishy striker, not a tank, and team damage is less valuable than single target damage and, appropriately, generally costs less
  • So why is Rags green so much like supernova, yet costs more for less damage?
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chirus wrote:
    Quite honestly, I feel I should've learned my lesson after sentry. Now i'm positive this is just something this company does and certainly I will not put risk into paying anything for this game again.

If they had even the slightest bit of care for their players they would DO or SAY something about the fact that people can spend REAL money on this stuff. It's not a small amount of money either. We're not talking about $5 to buy a couple covers. A month is not really enough if you're talking about some kind of refund of HP. What if you were collecting her covers with the 1k progressions. Those take considerable time and HP investment in shields especially since you most likely did not have her to ward off attackers. Then you add in the fact that you could also spend time or HP trying to obtain those covers in PvE top 2 prizes which is a bit different but still a possibility. If they do nothing more than nerf her and walk away they're as poor a group of devs I've seen. LOOK AT THE HOW MUCH REAL MONEY PEOPLE COULD SPEND ON THE COVERS for a 4* and tell me there's not something wrong with them not refunding ppl who used their HP on her covers. It's insane.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh man, I just got this in the mail today:

Dear valued customer:

Thank you for your recent purchase of a 2015 Corvette. We at Chevrolet truly hope you've enjoyed it over the past few months. We will be replacing it shortly with a 2015 Cavalier. Details on the pick up of the Corvette and the drop off of the Cavalier will soon follow.

Sincerely, Chevrolet.

Son of a..... Well, I guess I won't be spending any money on a Chevy product anymore.

Disclaimer: Yes, this is being overdramatic, but the principles of the bait/switch are the same. The metadata for months showed that the only real way to be successful was with xforce/goddess. People spent money on her so that they could keep up with the Jones and now she won’t be the same product they paid for. I can live with this, but my financial support for D3 has ended.
  • This is harsh. MMags playing with Storm was a key part of my 2 To 3 transition ans obviously I'm not the I only one. It's baffling to me the developers would nerf him because of interactions with a character not many have covered (Mystique) and one not many will ever have covered (Xavier). You'd think characters who can ease the transition would be more important than ever now that so many 4 stars are being added. The more people getting to three and four stars teams with more expensive covers the better for everybody.

And Mystique has been pretty much universally praised as balanced, versatile, and fun. I don't remember even one person saying she is overpowered. I don't get why both of them are being nerfed.

Super skeptical that "winfinite" has had or will have any negative effect on the game anyway. Nobody uses that combo in pvp, and to get to use it pve means one is putting in enough time and/or money to cover Mystique , who while fun, is about the 25th character down the list you'd want to spend hp on. it's difficult to believe the incentive for covering her doesn't outweigh any negative effects of winfinite. This doesn't leave her as garbage but there is really almost zero reason to put anything into her vs others now. and I'm speaking as someone who bought a cover for her and leveled her in the last week or so, precisely because of winfinite.
  • RWTDBurn wrote:
    Oh man, I just got this in the mail today:

Dear valued customer: Thank you for your recent purchase of a 2015 Corvette. We at Chevrolet truly hope you've enjoyed it over the past few months. We will be replacing it shortly with a 2015 Cavalier. Details on the pick up of the Corvette and the drop off of the Cavalier will soon follow.

Sincerely, Chevrolet.

Dear valued customer: We meant a Prius, not a Cavalier, it wouldn't be fair to all those other Prius drivers to give you a Cavalier nor a Corvette.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And where in the hell were the announcements for these changes? I only ask because it seems like you guys wanted people to buys covers right up until the point they got changed. How did you think people would react if they had bought IF covers this week or any of these covers, let's say yesterday? I keep thinking about it and it keeps making me mad. Now I really want to know, are you trying to make people angry or did you have a team of people and this really not cross any of their minds? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif