Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Godlike Power - Old - Cost:10 (6 at level 5)
    Ragnarok exhibits his godlike power, cleaving the battlefield in two. Destroys the two center columns of tiles so completely they don’t generate AP.
    Level 2 - Costs 1 AP Less
    Level 3 - Costs 1 AP Less
    Level 4 - Costs 1 AP Less
    Level 5 - Costs 1 AP Less

Godlike Power - New - Cost:14
    Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals 203 damage to all enemies and 137 to allies. Destroys a random column. Does not generate AP.
    Level 2 - Deals 266 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    Level 3 - Deals 331 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    Level 4 - Deals 461 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    Level 5 - Deals 719 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 2276 damage to all enemies and 435 to allies.

Thunderclap - Cost: 6
    Thunderclap didn’t change much. Instead of creating Green tiles, Thunderclap now creates Blue tiles to feed into Ragnarok’s new power. Damage numbers and numbers of tiles created are unchanged.

New Power:
    Lightning Rod - Cost: 8
    Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates 1 Green Charged tile. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of 312 health.
    Level 2 - Creates 1 Charged tile. Ragnarok heals 371 health.
    Level 3 - Creates 2 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 371 health.
    Level 4 - Creates 2 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 480 health.
    Level 5 - Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 552 health.
    MAX Level 5: Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 1754 health.

Godlike Power changes are kinda cool. The cost feels kind of high, but 2300 damage to all enemies is comparable to Call of the Storm. That being said, it's easily worse because you're giving up the extra him on the main target from CotS for team-wide self-damage - and it costs the same amount of AP. I like the idea, but it's slightly off.

Thunderclap is same old Thunderclap, except it makes Blue Tiles. Making 4 Blue for the cost of 6 Red is pretty good in my books.

Lightning Rod is a pretty good idea. We'll see how good it is in practice. 8 Blue is not a lot, so it's really just the two questions of; what teams does Rags fit into now and is his Blue good enough to outshine other Blue in that team? Three Charged Tiles isn't a Godsend, per se, but 1754 Health is a pretty decent chunk of health.

I see new Ragnarok being full in on Red and Green and three in Blue tbh, but I could see 5/4/4 since the bump in Red is not huge from 4 > 5 covers.

////////////////////////////
    Smite - Old - 10 AP
    The gathering lightning strikes Mjolnir as Thor brings the hammer down onto her enemy. Deals 630 damage to the enemy and an additional 137 damage for each Charged tile on the board.
    Level 2 - Deals 886 damage plus 183 per charged tile.
    Level 3 - Deals 968 damage plus 219 per charged tile. Make 2 charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Deals 1388 damage plus 320 per charged tile. Make 3 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Deals 1717 damage plus 365 per charged tile. Make 4 charged tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 3409 damage plus 725 per charged tile. Makes 4 charged tiles.

Smite - New - 10 AP
    The gathering lightning strikes Mjolnir as Thor brings the hammer down onto her enemy. Deals 630 damage to the enemy and an additional 137 damage for each Charged tile on the board.
    Level 2 - Deals 886 damage plus 183 per charged tile.
    Level 3 - Deals 1023 damage plus 219 per charged tile. Makes 1 charged tile.
    Level 4 - Deals 1324 damage plus 292 per charged tile. Makes 2 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Deals 2027 damage plus 365 per charged tile. Makes 3 charged tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 4025 damage plus 725 per charged tile. Makes 3 charged tiles.

Striking Distance - Old - 12 AP
    Thor flings Mjolnir at an impossible speed towards her enemies, the impact dashing their plan of attack. Deals 356 damage to the enemy team and converts 1 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tile into a charged tile.
    Level 2 - Deals 356 team damage. Turns 2 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles into charged tiles.
    Level 3 - Deals 593 team damage. Turns 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles into charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Deals 593 team damage. Turns 3 enemy Strike, Protect, Attack, or Countdown tiles into charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Deal 1150 team damage. Turns 5 enemy Strike, Protect, Attack, or Countdown tiles into charged tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 2284 team damage. Turns 5 Strike, Protect, Attack, or Countdown tiles into charged tiles.

Striking Distance - New - 12 AP
    Thor flings Mjolnir at an impossible speed towards her enemies, the impact dashing their plan of attack. Deals 356 damage to the enemy team and converts 1 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tile into a charged tile.
    Level 2 - Deals 402 team damage. Turns 2 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles into charged tiles
    Level 3 - Deals 402 team damage. Turns 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles into charged tiles
    Level 4 - Deals 739 team damage. Turns 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles into charged tiles
    Level 5 - Deals 1086 team damage. Turns 3 Strike, Protect, Attack, or Countdown tiles into charged tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 2157 team damage. Turns 3 Strike, Protect, Attack, or Countdown tiles into charged tiles.

Power Surge - Old - 9 AP
    Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes. Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and converts 3 random Red, Blue, or Yellow basic tiles into Charged tiles.
    Level 2 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 3 charged tiles.
    Level 3 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Stuns for 3 turns. Makes 5 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Stuns for 4 turns. Makes 12 charged tiles.

Power Surge - New - 9 AP
    Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes. Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and converts 2 random Red, Blue, or Yellow basic tiles into Charged tiles.
    Level 2 - Stuns for 1 turn. Makes 3 charged tiles.
    Level 3 - Stuns for 1 turn. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Stuns for 3 turns. Makes 5 charged tiles.

I feel like these nerfs are not overboard. One less Charge Tile on Smite isn't a killer - I don't think Smite was ever meant to be anything but a gigantic smack in the face and it still is.

The touch on Striking Distance, honestly, does feel a little unnecessary, as mentioned before, if it was kept as is, five yellow would have been viable - especially for PvE. It feels especially overstepped because they lowered it's already small damage and shaved off two Charge Tiles (which was fine in-of-itself). I think the better course of action would have really been to leave this alone - maybe even make it better since it is by far her worst ability.

I will give the complainers the benefit of the doubt here and say they probably nerfed Power Surge a little bit too hard, but seriously, you cannot respectfully argue that 12 Charged Tiles was not broken beyond belief.

End of the day, I feel like that Goddess will need a lot more attention in the future to truly balance her. Before it was way too powerful to go Power Surge into Smite, but not it feel like the mechanic that made her cool and unique is a bit of gimmick, since much of her damage is just raw from the abilities. Ultimately, I feel like the raw damage on Smite should be scaled down some and the damage per Charge Tile scaled way higher, so you have some risk/reward to spamming out the tiles.

Iron Fist of K’un-Lun - Old - Cost: 5
    Daniel Rand focuses his chi to make his fist like unto a thing of iron and strikes. If the team has less than 12 Black AP, converts 5 basic tiles to Black. If the team has 12 or more Black AP, deals 498 damage instead.
    Level 2 - Deals 598 damage.
    Level 3 - Converts 6 tiles or deals 697 damage.
    Level 4 - Converts 7 tile or deals 896 damage.
    Level 5 - Converts 9 tiles or deals 1295 damage.
    MAX Level 5: Converts 9 tiles or deals 4113 damage.

Iron Fist of K’un-Lun - New - Cost: 5
    Daniel Rand focuses his chi to make his fist like unto a thing of iron and strikes. If the team has less than 12 Black AP, converts 3 basic tiles to Black. If the team has 12 or more Black AP, deals 498 damage instead.
    Level 2 -Converts 4 tiles or deals 598 damage.
    Level 3 - Converts 5 tiles or deals 697 damage.
    Level 4 - Converts 6 tile or deals 896 damage.
    Level 5 - Converts 7 tiles or deals 1295 damage.
    MAX Level 5: Converts 7 tiles or deals 4113 damage.

We all saw this coming from day one. Suck it up. Boohoo you thought you'd get to abuse the broken **** abilities and you chose to invest in him early. Besides that, this is hardly a huge nerf. They took away two tiles. He's still quite frankly amazing and still probably the best 3*.

Polarity Shift - Old - Cost: 11 (9 at level 5)
    Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
    Level 2 - Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3 - Changes 4 selected tiles.
    Level 4 - Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5 - Changes 5 selected tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Changes 5 selected tiles.

Polarity Shift - New - Cost: 9
    Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 1 selected basic color tile to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
    Level 2 - Changes 2 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
    Level 3 - Creates 4 Red tiles.
    Level 4 - Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
    Level 5 - Creates 5 Red tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 5 Red tiles.

Honestly, this really sucks. This change essentially makes one of the best 2* teams pointless. I'll be the first to say that Magneto/Storm trivialized Survival Nodes (especially in DDQ), but realistically, now 2* players have to depend on Ares/oBW or Wolverine/Daken to carry all the weight in events. Which, I mean, is alright for PvE, but it doesn't cut it in PvP.

That being said, I think this adds an interesting ability in 2* land. I'm just not sure who will benefit from this. It can feed Magneto's our red or Adamantium Slash on Wolverine, but those cost so much that five random Red Tiles isn't going to reliably boost their speed at all, especially with Polarity Shift costing 9 AP itself. This could lend itself to 2* Thor (or to a much lesser extend Ms. Marvel?) to maybe let him spam his Red more, but it just feels unreliable and unreliable is bad.

I like the overall idea. It's pretty neat that he can now generate two color types. I feel like if her could place both sets of tiles and set three of each, I'd be okay with Polarity Shift costing 12 AP because I understand the power of being able to basically at will 5-matches. Imagine if that's how it was and you had a team makeup of say Ragnarok/Magneto/Storm or Thor/Magento/Daken - that'd be awesome. (That being said, if you could place the Red Tiles, Ragnarok would be stupid again lol.)

Infiltration - Old - Cost: 9
    Mystique infiltrates an organization giving herself ample opportunity to unravel plans. Transforms 5 random basic tiles that are Red, Green, or Yellow into Purple, or Black tiles.
    Level 2 - Transforms 6 tiles.
    Level 3 - Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 4 - Transforms 8 tiles.
    Level 5 - Transforms 10 tiles.

Infiltration - New - Cost: 10
    Mystique infiltrates an organization giving herself ample opportunity to unravel plans. Transforms 4 random basic tiles that are Red, Green, or Yellow into Purple, or Black tiles.
    Level 2 - Transforms 5 tiles.
    Level 3 - Transforms 6 tiles.
    Level 4 - Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 5 - Transforms 9 tiles.

This is so minor it's not worth noting, imo.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    And where in the hell were the announcements for these changes? I only ask because it seems like you guys wanted people to buys covers right up until the point they got changed. How did you think people would react if they had bought IF covers this week or any of these covers, let's say yesterday? I keep thinking about it and it keeps making me mad. Now I really want to know, are you trying to make people angry or did you have a team of people and this really not cross any of their minds? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

This is the announcement. There's 11 days between now and the changes, so anyone still buying covers has the information they need. People who bought it yesterday should be refunded.

In the general sense, any character that can break the general game mechanics (stun lock, infinite turns, etc...) has been reviewed and addressed. While there was no announcement that they were contemplating a change, anyone who has been around long enough would know that 'winfinite' was going to be addressed at some point.
  • And where in the hell were the announcements for these changes? I only ask because it seems like you guys wanted people to buys covers right up until the point they got changed. How did you think people would react if they had bought IF covers this week or any of these covers, let's say yesterday? I keep thinking about it and it keeps making me mad. Now I really want to know, are you trying to make people angry or did you have a team of people and this really not cross any of their minds? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

This is the announcement. The change happens in 10 days or so. Except for Ragnarok, he's being Fedexed to us.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    CNash wrote:
    MN Mags's blue will now only make 1 critical tile on average, and the amount of blue he can potentially generate has been heavily cut down. The Stormneto combo is still somewhat viable, but it's a lot slower, and both of them are rather squishy...

I would have liked to have seen a buff to his other two powers, to make up for the nerf. Why should 2* transitioners be punished (by neutering one of the most effective combos - one that even your own artist Jae listed as his favourite ability combo) for a combo used by 3* players, without getting anything back in return? Yes, it made a lot of matches easier, especially with boosts - but wasn't that the point? It wasn't particularly overpowered and did require a favourable board to drop enough purple. You shouldn't be nerfing legitimate synergistic ability combos just to correct the balance of a 3* character that came along later.

Ok, but, in the middle of saving up blue for C.Storm you can throw a Magnetic Flux thanks to the red generation and gain something like 20-25 AP in various colors plus do >2000 damage. Throw Ms. Marvel on the team for color outlet and bring a solid TU and your transition land is safe from harm. And then Wind Storm for the win. Or pair MNM with Hawkeye and bring that 1 crit tile into 4 speed shots plus all the red for Blast Arrow. Or just use Ares/OBW like everyone else did.

Seriously, the MNM change is fine, although changing Polarity Shift to yellowflag.png would have been easier and lines his colors up with 3* Mags, something that just bugs me.
    Polarity Shift - Old - Cost: 11 (9 at level 5)
    Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
    Level 2 - Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3 - Changes 4 selected tiles.
    Level 4 - Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5 - Changes 5 selected tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Changes 5 selected tiles.

Polarity Shift - New - Cost: 9
    Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 1 selected basic color tile to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
    Level 2 - Changes 2 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
    Level 3 - Creates 4 Red tiles.
    Level 4 - Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
    Level 5 - Creates 5 Red tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 5 Red tiles.

Honestly, this really sucks. This change essentially makes one of the best 2* teams pointless. I'll be the first to say that Magneto/Storm trivialized Survival Nodes (especially in DDQ), but realistically, now 2* players have to depend on Ares/oBW or Wolverine/Daken to carry all the weight in events. Which, I mean, is alright for PvE, but it doesn't cut it in PvP.

That being said, I think this adds an interesting ability in 2* land. I'm just not sure who will benefit from this. It can feed Magneto's our red or Adamantium Slash on Wolverine, but those cost so much that five random Red Tiles isn't going to reliably boost their speed at all, especially with Polarity Shift costing 9 AP itself. This could lend itself to 2* Thor (or to a much lesser extend Ms. Marvel?) to maybe let him spam his Red more, but it just feels unreliable and unreliable is bad.

I like the overall idea. It's pretty neat that he can now generate two color types. I feel like if her could place both sets of tiles and set three of each, I'd be okay with Polarity Shift costing 12 AP because I understand the power of being able to basically at will 5-matches. Imagine if that's how it was and you had a team makeup of say Ragnarok/Magneto/Storm or Thor/Magento/Daken - that'd be awesome. (That being said, if you could place the Red Tiles, Ragnarok would be stupid again lol.)

Random is not the same thing as unreliable. Just ask Thor and his Thunderstrike. 5 tiles is a bit lite, but since he's still side by side with C.Storm you can use this, get some blue out of it, throw Lightning Storm to collect some red, make a red match, and start over collecting purple. I mean, we are talking about how bad it is to win in 3 turns right? I use to beat the snot out of 2* land using blue/purple boost, match purple, match purple, cast Polarity Shift, match blue, win.

The combo still exists it just takes 18 purple now, making it less reliable against deadly PvE opponents and slower in PvP. Meanwhile you get some red tiles to throw around. 2* transitioners are going to love Deadpool tournaments now.
  • Quarg321 wrote:
    This is harsh. MMags playing with Storm was a key part of my 2 To 3 transition ans obviously I'm not the I only one. It's baffling to me the developers would nerf him because of interactions with a character not many have covered (Mystique) and one not many will ever have covered (Xavier). You'd think characters who can ease the transition would be more important than ever now that so many 4 stars are being added. The more people getting to three and four stars teams with more expensive covers the better for everybody.

And Mystique has been pretty much universally praised as balanced, versatile, and fun. I don't remember even one person saying she is overpowered. I don't get why both of them are being nerfed.

Super skeptical that "winfinite" has had or will have any negative effect on the game anyway. Nobody uses that combo in pvp, and to get to use it pve means one is putting in enough time and/or money to cover Mystique , who while fun, is about the 25th character down the list you'd want to spend hp on. it's difficult to believe the incentive for covering her doesn't outweigh any negative effects of winfinite. This doesn't leave her as garbage but there is really almost zero reason to put anything into her vs others now. and I'm speaking as someone who bought a cover for her and leveled her in the last week or so, precisely because of winfinite.

They're being nerfed because X-Force should should be king by a longshot and you should want to play 4* characters....?

I dunno. i really don't understand any of this(besides Iron Fist nerf)
  • RWTDBurn wrote:
    Oh man, I just got this in the mail today:

Dear valued customer:

Thank you for your recent purchase of a 2015 Corvette. We at Chevrolet truly hope you've enjoyed it over the past few months. We will be replacing it shortly with a 2015 Cavalier. Details on the pick up of the Corvette and the drop off of the Cavalier will soon follow.

Sincerely, Chevrolet.

Son of a..... Well, I guess I won't be spending any money on a Chevy product anymore.

Disclaimer: Yes, this is being overdramatic, but the principles of the bait/switch are the same. The metadata for months showed that the only real way to be successful was with xforce/goddess. People spent money on her so that they could keep up with the Jones and now she won’t be the same product they paid for. I can live with this, but my financial support for D3 has ended.

It's sort of like you got a letter informing you that the F1 racing rules have changed this season and the money your racing team spent developing that new engine is out the window

Which happens all the time
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rags update online!
  • Most of these changes don't affect me, since I'm only just nearing the end of the 2-3* transition. I don't have a usable 4*Thor (only 1 cover), and I don't have a well-enough-covered Mystique to use her all that often, but I just want to put in my two cents and say that I'm upset about the changes to MNMagneto. A much better way to stop the Winfinite combo would have been to either switch Mystique's colors around so that Infiltration is purple and Shapeshift is blue, or to switch MNMags' purple to another color: I saw someone suggested yellow, which would put his colors in line with the 3* version. Either of these changes would stop people from having infinite turns but still let 2* and transitioning players use continue Stormneto.
    Side note- I can't really judge since I have no usable 4*s, but I really hope that 4*Thor will remain powerful, just in a more balanced way. She's one of my favorite characters in comics, and is also pretty much the only powerful female character in the game currently, so it would stink if she was nerfed too much.
  • gamar wrote:
    akiratang wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    akiratang wrote:

There is no way she is the second best character in the game now, not after these changes, her surge+smite dmg ratio now is pretty bad... only 402dmg per ap for 19ap.
    402dmg per AP, plus stun, plus charged tiles (which you will utilize better than the opponent), and most importantly, she has 20k tinykitty HP

402 is pretty low, Luke, cyclops, BP and Lthor do more than that for dmg per ap ratio.
    She now makes 5 charged tiles instead of 12, Goodluck trying to match those 5 charged tiles on a 64 tile board.
    She actually has 16k Hp not 20k.

Cyclops is a squishy striker, not a tank, and team damage is less valuable than single target damage and, appropriately, generally costs less

HAH! First off, Team damage is way way more valuable. Damage in general is the thing of value, and team damage is how you get numbers like 9046 damage for 14 AP onto a power.

Secondly there isn't a team damage ability out there, besides Punisher who does a moderate 783*3 for 7 AP, that costs less than 12 AP. Doc Ock, Gamora, Thor, BP, Deadpool, all >12 AP. They are not cheap.

Thirdly, the "squishy" striker has the 4th highest HP in 3* land you can have. He's the premiere 7350 health character, which was never a thing before. It goes Hulk, Thor/Sentry and his 10200 buddies, Captain America and his 8500 buddies, and then Cyke. He's not so squishy.

Lastly, large amounts of health are not a reason to kneecap a characters damage output. 3* Thor will be better than 4* Thor after these changes and that's just wrong. 550-600 damage per AP is crucial to a 4*s existence, otherwise they are just dead roster weight. You want lower damage for her 16k health, fine, then Smite should do at LEAST 5500 plus 1025 per Charge tile. That's "low" in 4* land.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    FYI, Rags updates are live on Android. Just had to reload the game and he had a blue power now.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    Ragnarok:
    -Green feels like a nerf, in its current form it randomly becomes a cascade machine and scales pretty well with strike tiles. New version is expensive and deals **** damage, not to mention you kill your own team.
    -Red is a nerf. His blue is pretty **** and there aren't many good blue users to begin with. Generating green > blue.
    -Blue is ****. 3 random charge tiles that can be used by your enemy (especially if their green is much better than your **** Rag green) and a really **** temp-heal. If it was a true heal the ability would still be below average but this is utter ****.

Overall you nerfed a **** character with his update, congratulations.

4hor:
    Every skill nerfed. I'm actually of the opinion that she was already balanced. Current blue is very dangerous to cast if you aren't preventing the opponent from making matches, I've had matches where I was forced to stun someone early to avoid a really bad skill from going off and I ate a ton of damage from the AI gathering charged tiles. Facing 4hor/Wolverine, the rare times I lose is due to Wolverine and not 4hor. Enemy 4hor getting a red off doesn't do much, enemy 4hor getting a blue off forces me to play around it. Wolverine getting something off usually results in a loss or severe damage.

The most fair change would be to nerf health tiers. LThor is unfair to 2* players because 10.2k hp is ridiculous. Venom/Ares/Rag/Jugg are unfair in PvE because they have stupid amounts of health. For 3* land change 8500 to the new 7650 and 10,200 to 8500. 4hor would change to 13,700 life. If you want to go further, reduce 4* max level to 220 or 250 (with current damage levels being equal at max).

Barring that change I would nerf Smite's +charged tile damage and leave blue unchanged. The strategy would change to gathering 18 blue before unleashing the combo, slowing it down quite a bit and making it less threatening on defense.

IF:
    Saw these changes coming a mile away, he's still probably broken for a 3*. I would go further and change black to fire off when anyone on the team casts an ability. To compensate, change the wording on black to friendly green attack tile to mostly guarantee that his will always go off (Psylocke's and Doc Oc's are black, Blade is purple, lolbeast is blue. Could have conflict with Professor X yellow and Punisher black). His purple is cheap enough that it should be fairly easy to keep black up and has a very minor amount of counter play involved.

Magneto:
    Nerfed when he should've been buffed. His blue needs a damage buff as its almost completely useless and a reduction in AP cost for red would've been welcomed. If you're going to nerf his purple you could at least buff his other skills to compensate.

Mystique:
    Nerf to a balanced if not underpowered character. Infiltration is already random between purple and black, I see no need for it to be nerfed further.

Winfinite:
    I don't see a problem with this. Its slow as hell and not a thing in PvP due to it being unusable by the AI. I'd say its only viable if you're boosting and still has a chance to fail with unlucky Infiltrations and bad boards. You're almost forced to bring Luke Cage along to babysit them. This gives a reason to level two decent/above average 3* characters, why is that a bad thing?

Edit:
    Their time and effort would've been so much better spent making Elektra/Star-Lord/Doc Oc/Beast/She Hulk/RAG/Gamora/SENTRY/Colossus/Squirrel Girl awesome and fun to play/worth spending money on.
    "Oh ****, I need to spend money maxing the new Beast immediately" is a much better response than "F you for nerfing the character I just dumped a ton of money into"

Here's a quick fix for Rag:
    Green + Red stay the same, give him a cheap/medium cost new color that true heals him and makes strike tiles. 5/5/3, 3/5/5, 5/3/5 all become viable builds and he would be fun to play. His theme is that he makes decent strike tiles and spams/fuels his other two abilities.
  • orbitalint wrote:
    FYI, Rags updates are live on Android. Just had to reload the game and he had a blue power now.

And blueflag.png is fake heal. So very very sads. icon_cry.gif
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    The adjustments to 4hor, IF and the winfinite combo were all necessary and seem fair.

Ragnarok seems like he could work well with 4hor now, although his green seems rather steep in AP cost for what it actually does, especially when compared to Black Panther's black, which has a lower cost but does a lot more damage without hurting your own team.

Will the changes to Ragnarok apply to nodes that feature him in The Hunt as well during its current run?

Rags green is inferior compared to 3* thor too. And his new red will perpetuate winfanite problems with new 2* mags purple.
  • MonkeySlut wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    The adjustments to 4hor, IF and the winfinite combo were all necessary and seem fair.

Ragnarok seems like he could work well with 4hor now, although his green seems rather steep in AP cost for what it actually does, especially when compared to Black Panther's black, which has a lower cost but does a lot more damage without hurting your own team.

Will the changes to Ragnarok apply to nodes that feature him in The Hunt as well during its current run?

Rags green is inferior compared to 3* thor too. And his new red will perpetuate winfanite problems with new 2* mags purple.

So rags blows...will PVE be easier now?

lol I just realized what you said. It'd be the ultimate irony if the new polarity shift causes a new MagStorm(Ragnashift?)
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    MonkeySlut wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

So rags blows...will PVE be easier now?

lol I just realized what you said. It'd be the ultimate irony if the new polarity shift causes a new MagStorm(Ragnashift?)

It depends on how annoying blue is. Rag already has stupid amounts of health, if he's healing for 4k every other turn (watch them pair him with a blue and green feeder) his green will eventually go off for 4k+ AoE. Will more than likely need to keep him locked down.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    So what's the process for contesting charges on HP?
  • Surprisingly, the random column of destroyed tiles does damage to the front man on the enemy team (sidenote: Why the hell do they make powers where "destroyed tile" does not mean 'does damage' like She Hulk and Cyclops). A 166 destroys a column for about 500 damage. I'd say this version of Godlike Power should either A) Destroy 3 random columns or B) Generate AP for the destroyed column, refunding 8 random HP on the 12 cost ability to justify it's cost of 12 or C) cost 10.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the announcement. There's 11 days between now and the changes, so anyone still buying covers has the information they need. People who bought it yesterday should be refunded.

Unless they don't visit the forums. Woe to the other population just now buying their 4hor/IF covers, or for the next two weeks!
  • Mawtful wrote:
    So what's the process for contesting charges on HP?

Contact MPQ Customer Serivce, receive a lame excuse about the buy back of changed characters, be frustrated.

(Alternatively I suppose you could uninstall MPQ and then contact your credit card company claiming you did not receive what you paid for and contest the charge through them)
  • I'm mixed on the changes. 4hor seems overnerfed, and the mags and mystique changes appear overdone. IF is probably in a better direction. This doesn't look like one of the better sets of changes. But, overall I think they will eventually get the balancing right in the end -- the end can be a long time from now but still.. I'm overall optimistic on that.

Having said that, I've learned my lesson and have resolutely decided: I'm going free 2 play here on out. I won't spend another dollar on this game. Not that I don't love the game but going free 2 play is the only way to immunize myself from the constant regret I have every time I spend money buying these characters covers and then see them nerfed 1-2 months later. As a free 2 play player, I may not remain as high on the power curve, and that's alright. I can now be at the bottom of the emotional investment, regret, and money loss curves. The game will still have my enthusiasm.

So cheers to a second life in MPQ.