**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Options

Comments

• Professor X doesn't have much health but you're not going to be able to do 100% or even half of it very reliably with just AE damage unless you're running like say Iron Fist + Black Panther unless he's already close to being downed.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Depends on the situation. If you've gotten rid of his allies he can't fire Psychic Convergence anymore, meaning once you wipe out any existing special tiles all he can do to you is basic match damage. That's a lot of time to build up AP.
  • Depends on the situation. If you've gotten rid of his allies he can't fire Psychic Convergence anymore, meaning once you wipe out any existing special tiles all he can do to you is basic match damage. That's a lot of time to build up AP.

Usually when I try that what happens is he either fires off a TU or one of the guy somehow manages to get an ability off just before you got rid of him and then Professor X gets the match bonus for every match he makes for being the only guy left and I die horribly. Not saying that doesn't work, but it can easily burn you too.

I think he's frustrating to play with because Blind Spot somehow always comes back to haunt you, though since that's pretty much his only active ability I guess it has to be pretty good.
  • realistically and time saving-wisely, you should have some way of sniping Charles' tile if you plan on fighting him. He's not in any survival nodes, he's not in Deadpool daily, so you know what you're up against. It's a more extreme version of 'can you kill the true healer?'. Also, he could have tiles up that could be pwning you while he's invis.

I do think if invisibility were a more prominent mechanic it wouldn't provide invincibility as well.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Yeah, I play all the PVE events. Play those a lot more than PVP.
    well if you play every node in simulator hard I can't give you advice, you should be giving ME advice.

Hardcore.

Ha ha! I mean't more the ones my roster could cope with. I only have 5 over level 100 so limits how far I can get in PVP, so more of my time goes into PVE. The Simulator hard events are mainly out of reach but I hammer most of the events as its realistically my only means of getting decent rewards.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here's a simple fix that keeps him powerful but no broken loops
    Master Plan - Passive
    (PASSIVE) In rigorous training sessions, Professor X teaches his allies to recognize tactical openings. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, create a Blue Countdown tile that activates every turn, draining 1 AP at random (the drain acts as a steal, multiple tiles = multiple steals) and deals an additional 941 damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage.
    Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage and steals random 2 AP.
    Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage.
    Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage and steals random 4 AP.
    Max Level
    Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage and steals random 2 AP.
    Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage and steals random 2 AP.
    Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage and steals random 4 AP.
    or you can do it this way
    Master Plan - Passive
    (PASSIVE) In rigorous training sessions, Professor X teaches his allies to recognize tactical openings. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, create a Blue Countdown tile that activates every turn, draining 1 AP at random (the drain acts as a steal, multiple tiles = multiple steals) and deals an additional 941 damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage.
    Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage and creates 2 tiles that steal 1 AP.
    Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage and creates 3 tiles that steal 1 AP
    Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage and creates 5 tiles that steal 1 AP.
    Max Level
    Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage and creates 2 tiles that steal 1 AP.
    Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage and creates 3 tiles that steal 1 AP.
    Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage and creates 5 tiles that steal 1 AP.

Here's my newest version and I think this pretty much gives him all the power without the infinite combos that is going to get everyone else nerfed until they change him.

Master Plan - Passive
    (PASSIVE) In rigorous training sessions, Professor X teaches his allies to recognize tactical openings. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, create a 1 turn Blue Countdown tile that activates every turn, creating 1 AP in teams strongest color (multiple tiles = multiple AP) and deals an additional 941 damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage and CD tile is 2 turns.
    Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage and creates 2 tiles.
    Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage and CD tile is 3 turns
    Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage and creates four, 4 turn CD tiles.
    Max Level
    Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage and creates two, 2 turn tiles that creates 1 AP in teams strongest color.
    Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage and creates two, 3 turn tiles that creates 1 AP in teams strongest color.
    Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage and creates four, 4 turn tiles that creates 1 AP in teams strongest color.

This I like. It stops an infiinte combo, it also gives you more AP over time than the skill in current form. I think this would keep him strong and stop other characters from getting nerfed due to the blue in current form.
  • does iron fist destroy the game or just professor x?
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    does iron fist destroy the game or just professor x?

that's the chicken or the egg. The thing is you could still use GSBW, or Cyclops, or KK anyone that has the potential to create tiles can be abused with him.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or generates 1 random AP in 1/1/2/2/4 colors.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What is wrong with you people??? Have we not had enough nerfs? Can we at least let them correct their overnerf of X-Force green before we start crying out for more nerfs?

Also, stop calling for nerfs of 4*'s. They are not the problem. If MQ and Fist are the problem, fix them. What? It's not fun when someone directs the nerf at a character that you actually have and enjoy?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since no character other than GSBW has an AP generating ability in their strongest color (and her ability is prohibtively expensive), and there is no active blue AP generating power, I don't think there are any loops yet. Prof X/QS/IF probably comes close, but that still takes 3 characters, so it's only effective in Sim, PvE and a handful of PvPs.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Since no character other than GSBW has an AP generating ability in their strongest color (and her ability is prohibtively expensive), and there is no active blue AP generating power, I don't think there are any loops yet. Prof X/QS/IF probably comes close, but that still takes 3 characters, so it's only effective in Sim, PvE and a handful of PvPs.
    and is also tissue paper on defense
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can you instead tell me how to stop the constant nerfs from destroying the game? Haven't we been down this road enough times already? You guys complain non-stop that such-and-such character is OP, you propose what might be some reasonable fix options, and then the devs end up going far above and beyond what anyone was suggesting. I swear, you guys are like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Will you ever give up and stop believing the devs won't overnerf everything??
  • What is wrong with you people??? Have we not had enough nerfs? Can we at least let them correct their overnerf of X-Force green before we start crying out for more nerfs?

Also, stop calling for nerfs of 4*'s. They are not the problem. If MQ and Fist are the problem, fix them. What? It's not fun when someone directs the nerf at a character that you actually have and enjoy?
    Balance is a never-ending battle.
  • Charles Xavier is not a thief. AP drain doesn't really suit his personality. I like the other proposed change using a countdown. Current:
      Master Plan - Passive bluetile.png
      (PASSIVE) In rigorous training sessions, Professor X teaches his allies to recognize tactical openings. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, it generates 1 AP in the team's strongest color and deals an additional 941 damage.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage. Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage and generates 2 AP. Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage. Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage and generates 4 AP.
      Max Level
        Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage and generates 2 AP. Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage and generates 2 AP. Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage and generates 4 AP.
      replace with:
        (PASSIVE) In rigorous training sessions, Professor X teaches his allies to recognize tactical openings. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, deals an additional 941 damage and generate a 2-turn countdown which generates 1 AP in the teams's strongest color.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage. Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage, countdown generates 2 AP. Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage. Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage, countdown generates 4 AP.
        Max Level
          Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage. Countdown generates 2 AP. Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage. Countdown generates 2 AP. Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage. Countdown generates 4 AP.
        The 2 turn countdown wait is enough to slow down critical combos.
      • Just make Master Plan not work when Professor X is paired up with an overpowered character.
      • Der_Lex
        Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        daibar wrote:
        Charles Xavier is not a thief.

I don't know, he's been stealing away impressionable young teens from gullible parents for a long while now. icon_mrgreen.gif
      • Phaserhawk
        Options
        daibar wrote:
        Charles Xavier is not a thief. AP drain doesn't really suit his personality. I like the other proposed change using a countdown. Current:
          (PASSIVE) In rigorous training sessions, Professor X teaches his allies to recognize tactical openings. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, it generates 1 AP in the team's strongest color and deals an additional 941 damage.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage. Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage and generates 2 AP. Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage. Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage and generates 4 AP.
          Max Level
            Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage and generates 2 AP. Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage and generates 2 AP. Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage and generates 4 AP.
          replace with:
            (PASSIVE) In rigorous training sessions, Professor X teaches his allies to recognize tactical openings. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, deals an additional 941 damage and generate a 2-turn countdown which generates 1 AP in the teams's strongest color.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage. Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage, countdown generates 2 AP. Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage. Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage, countdown generates 4 AP.
            Max Level
              Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage. Countdown generates 2 AP. Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage. Countdown generates 2 AP. Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage. Countdown generates 4 AP.
            The 2 turn countdown wait is enough to slow down critical combos.

Good fix. And to all you think this is a nerf, this fixes a problem while keeping the power because trust me this is going to be much better than what will happen
          • Pylgrim
            Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
            Options
            What is wrong with you people??? Have we not had enough nerfs? Can we at least let them correct their overnerf of X-Force green before we start crying out for more nerfs?

This so much. Why are you blowing out of proportion the combo properties of a new 4* character that only a tiny percentage of the population has maxed, especially in his interactions with IF and QS, two other newly released characters? "Destroying the game"? Please! Can we just wait and see how actually prevalent those combos will be once enough people has those characters to make it a concern?

Worst thing is that you KNOW that these alarmist whistleblowers will be the first ones to cry foul and make a tantrum when the nerfs that their disproportionate panic will bring about hit. It's almost as though they are looking for reasons to be angry and pessimistic.
          • GuntherBlobel
            GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
            Options
            Not a single person has commented on the idea to simply ban Prof X + IF + QS and Prof X + gsBW.

Is it a bad idea?

There really shouldn't be a need for nerfs just because Prof X is broken in rare circumstances.