**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Options

Comments

• scottee wrote:
    I'm thinking 3/5/5 unless you going to consistently run him with someone who can generate match-5's. And there aren't many in the 3/4* realm.

You lose out on 1549 damage from a blue process.

But a yellow process plus one purple falcon buff give an extra 320 strike tile. It only takes 5 uses of that strike tile to make up the damage lost from blue. And that's only from one yellow process.

Two yellow processes with no buff adds 164 in strike tiles. That only needs 9.5 uses to make up the damage.

If you're going to go for tiles + buff, you might as well go all the way.

huh. I was totally leaning towards a 4/5/4 build but this is actually a convincing argument. I might prefer 3/5/5 now lol
  • Goes to show how good his design is, no one "best spec"
    Having him at 221 now I can say that 4 blue has won me a few games and just now I beat Gamorra and blade with just the prof and one strike tile.
    Hands down the most fun character I have.
  • Pool has the wrong colors on it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I'm thinking 3/5/5 unless you going to consistently run him with someone who can generate match-5's. And there aren't many in the 3/4* realm.

You lose out on 1549 damage from a blue process.

But a yellow process plus one purple falcon buff give an extra 320 strike tile. It only takes 5 uses of that strike tile to make up the damage lost from blue. And that's only from one yellow process.

Two yellow processes with no buff adds 164 in strike tiles. That only needs 9.5 uses to make up the damage.

If you're going to go for tiles + buff, you might as well go all the way.

huh. I was totally leaning towards a 4/5/4 build but this is actually a convincing argument. I might prefer 3/5/5 now lol

Yeah, I had to read that again and started to think the same thing. Unless you can constantly trigger his blue, the ability to buff all your tiles by 238 x 4 starts to put a lot of damage on the board.
  • There aren't many critical makers but yeah, IF is top notch with PX with low cost purple. Slap in Cage together to burn that black with cheap power to trigger more and more PX yellow and keep IF changing the board.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wig!?

iJTL6fjXkpuRm.jpg
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This character is ridiculous. How on earth are you meant to beat him if he fires off his blind spot? I got down to just him left to kill, I had 3 characters all with over 5000 health left and yet everytime I cleared his blind spot tile he just placed another one. Half an hour later I died because there was no physical way of removing that tile without him instantly placing another!
  • So what's the over/under on when he gets nerfed? I'm thinking three months.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    So what's the over/under on when he gets nerfed? I'm thinking three months.

That depends on if consider it a nerf on Professor X if they just nerfed all the characters that he can work with?
  • Phantron wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    So what's the over/under on when he gets nerfed? I'm thinking three months.

That depends on if consider it a nerf on Professor X if they just nerfed all the characters that he can work with?

You know how they work. They'll do both.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This character is ridiculous. How on earth are you meant to beat him if he fires off his blind spot? I got down to just him left to kill, I had 3 characters all with over 5000 health left and yet everytime I cleared his blind spot tile he just placed another one. Half an hour later I died because there was no physical way of removing that tile without him instantly placing another!

Team composition is key. You need at least one person who can deal with him, even if they're not part of your usual group.

1) Invisibility does nothing against damage that hits the entire enemy team at once. Bring Thor, or Kamala, Deadpool...heck, even Beast.
    2) Tile destruction is your friend. If you have moves that can blow up the board that gives you a chance to hit him afterward, while if you rely on matching the tile you give him the chance to place another one immediately.
    3) Stun stun stun. Have LCap overwrite his invisibility tile with a red shield throw, then stun him with a blue one. Blow up his tile with X-Force, then use a Wind Storm TU. That sort of thing.
  • There's no easy way to deal with Invisibility if you're not running Captain America, which is why you probably should always have Captain America when facing Professor X in PvE at least. I've gone through games where it took 3 X Forces to finally dig out his Invisibility and that's about as strong a board shaking move as you can get. You also want to bring someone who has a decent purple active so that you're not just skipping your turn when you match purple to prevent him from getting the AP for Invisibility. Well, Invisible Woman can lock the Invisibility tile for 7 blue AP and that's a pretty cheap solution, but she's not the easiest character to use or have covers for.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    My Captain America isn't really covered enough to make him useful yet. I will probably just have to keep matching purples and hope he doesn't get enough!
  • This character is ridiculous. How on earth are you meant to beat him if he fires off his blind spot? I got down to just him left to kill, I had 3 characters all with over 5000 health left and yet everytime I cleared his blind spot tile he just placed another one. Half an hour later I died because there was no physical way of removing that tile without him instantly placing another!
    Don't fight him, bring board shake, bring board snipers etc
    My Captain America isn't really covered enough to make him useful yet. I will probably just have to keep matching purples and hope he doesn't get enough!

If your 2* or 3* cap aren't completely covered yet, you've got a more urgent issue than facing and beating professor x
  • Nick441234
    Options
    I dont have a lot of choice since he's one of the PVE matches. icon_lol.gif

He seems to fire off blind spot incredibly quickly. He took down Thor, Doom and Cage by just hiding the whole match.
  • I dont have a lot of choice since he's one of the PVE matches. icon_lol.gif

He seems to fire off blind spot incredibly quickly. He took down Thor, Doom and Cage by just hiding the whole match.
    u don't have to play a pve match, he's not in deadpool daily

You're telling me you play every node every match every time no matter what?
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Yeah, I play all the PVE events. Play those a lot more than PVP.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There's no easy way to deal with Invisibility if you're not running Captain America, which is why you probably should always have Captain America when facing Professor X in PvE at least. I've gone through games where it took 3 X Forces to finally dig out his Invisibility and that's about as strong a board shaking move as you can get. You also want to bring someone who has a decent purple active so that you're not just skipping your turn when you match purple to prevent him from getting the AP for Invisibility. Well, Invisible Woman can lock the Invisibility tile for 7 blue AP and that's a pretty cheap solution, but she's not the easiest character to use or have covers for.

Looks like Scarlet Witch may be another solution. Her green might be able to destroy it and her passive may create enough purple to pop it if close.
  • Yeah, I play all the PVE events. Play those a lot more than PVP.
    well if you play every node in simulator hard I can't give you advice, you should be giving ME advice.

Hardcore.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Again, area damage. Invisibility won't protect him from Embiggened Bash, Call The Storm, Wind Storm (at least the damage portion), Whales! Whales! Whales!, Sniper Rifle, etc.