**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Options

Comments

• He's not as strong as he appears, but if you don't take him seriously he'll definitely slap you very hard when attacking him. He's also very fun when you're using him and has a lot of interesting but not overpowered combo possibilities, at least after Monday.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got in a situation against another Xavier. We both have the purple covered. Basically, all of our characters died and it was both Xaviers using invisibility drops and both of us untouchable, It end up that we had 30 purple AP stored up, it is a game that could last 40 minutes. So I retreated after about 30 minutes.
    What really pissed me off, is why the tiny kitty did Invisible woman not get this ability for herself with such a cheap cost? His purple is better cheaper and more powerful.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like there's an IW change coming next month after seeing this character in play. Charles also pairs well with Blade as well since he can boost those tiles by an ungodly amount and they add up fast if left unchecked.
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here and I was wondering where to post this lol. Hopefully this is the right place icon_e_smile.gif I was wondering what everyone's opinion is of a 0/5/5 Professor. Is he a serviceable shy Falcon 2.0 that I can start using or would I have to wait for a blue cover before using him (either for PVE or PVP and I'm planning to cap him at the maximum level of a 3-star or less). Thanks a lot and hope you guys can share your suggestions/opinions without getting too violent hehe!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Yeah I'm firmly in the camp that says 5 blue is absolutely mandatory and by (very) far his best ability.

Every single time PX got a crit with 5 blue this pvp his team absolutely owned me. If he didn't, I only noticed he was even there if he got an invis tile in one of the corners and I had to slowly AoE him to death.

I'm not quite there, just because if you are playing PvP, you pretty much have to run him with GSBW in order to really get the match 5 combo thing going, I'm cemented in at least 4 there is no reason not to get that damage, but if you run GSBW I don't think you stand any chance in high PvP because you are a target to everyone. Unless you had Xor, most people would skip you if you were worth 35 points, vs. say someone with Daken/Patch at 35 points. You start running Xavier/GSBW and you are going to be opening yourself to lots of attacks.

Also, if you have a maxed featured character, you'll never get the combo to work because the featured main color will always take the AP from the match 5's so you won't be able to generate an infinite combo, unless the featured character is purple or blue so you could attempt GSBW or Mystique, and because I can't really guarentee the infinite combo thing, I'm willing to give up 2 AP and 300 dmg for a 4/5/4 build which is going to get me some crazy attack and defense tiles.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    if you are playing PvP, you pretty much have to run him with GSBW in order to really get the match 5 combo thing going, I'm cemented in at least 4 there is no reason not to get that damage, but if you run GSBW I don't think you stand any chance in high PvP because you are a target to everyone. Unless you had Xor, most people would skip you if you were worth 35 points, vs. say someone with Daken/Patch at 35 points. You start running Xavier/GSBW and you are going to be opening yourself to lots of attacks.
    People are just looking at points, not formations. I wasn't going to waste shields in the last PvP, and after I passed 1k, I ended up getting beat back down to 650. Seriously, how could it have been any worse if I'd been using GSBW instead of Xor?
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure why the OP's on this Xavier soapbox across these couple threads. I faced many X's this past PvP and did what I usually do to semi-dangerous supports: Kill them first. They didn't cause more problems than a Hood or Loki would.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    johnnyo wrote:
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I was wondering where to post this lol. Hopefully this is the right place icon_e_smile.gif I was wondering what everyone's opinion is of a 0/5/5 Professor. Is he a serviceable shy Falcon 2.0 that I can start using or would I have to wait for a blue cover before using him (either for PVE or PVP and I'm planning to cap him at the maximum level of a 3-star or less). Thanks a lot and hope you guys can share your suggestions/opinions without getting too violent hehe!

IMHO, his blue is too unreliable to really rely on (duh). so having it is merely nice to have and not really required.
  • johnnyo wrote:
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I was wondering where to post this lol. Hopefully this is the right place icon_e_smile.gif I was wondering what everyone's opinion is of a 0/5/5 Professor. Is he a serviceable shy Falcon 2.0 that I can start using or would I have to wait for a blue cover before using him (either for PVE or PVP and I'm planning to cap him at the maximum level of a 3-star or less). Thanks a lot and hope you guys can share your suggestions/opinions without getting too violent hehe!

IMHO, his blue is too unreliable to really rely on (duh). so having it is merely nice to have and not really required.

It has a scary amount of potential though. Once in the land of shield hopping you always expect to win, and also expect your opponents to win against you. Twice as many defensive victories because charles got some lucky match 5's while you were shielded? Priceless.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My thoughts after the PVP are this; don't fight a maxed and boosted PX. Just don't. It's a long and painful event that lasts as long as at best 3 normal matches and at worst about 1 minute as you are wiped from existence.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hulk Bombing with even 1 in Charlie's blueflag.png is kind of hilarious.

Having said that, it can also be highly suicidal if their Prof is constantly buffing the strike tiles you just gave them.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    if you are playing PvP, you pretty much have to run him with GSBW in order to really get the match 5 combo thing going, I'm cemented in at least 4 there is no reason not to get that damage, but if you run GSBW I don't think you stand any chance in high PvP because you are a target to everyone. Unless you had Xor, most people would skip you if you were worth 35 points, vs. say someone with Daken/Patch at 35 points. You start running Xavier/GSBW and you are going to be opening yourself to lots of attacks.
    People are just looking at points, not formations. I wasn't going to waste shields in the last PvP, and after I passed 1k, I ended up getting beat back down to 650. Seriously, how could it have been any worse if I'd been using GSBW instead of Xor?

Agreed. I'm not skipping any 35s in PvP, no matter who's on the team.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Purple is broken power. It is too powerful. It is not fun.

It can go up and stay up indefinitely. If it's in a corner, it might take 20 turns to clear. Then, it can immediately be raised again. It needs to be "redirects attacks away from prof x unless he is last one alive" or "consumes 1 purple a turn" to justify the low cost.

good reason to take some board shaker uppers into a fight wtih him. tale loki - steal a couple of his purple and you can switch the board nearly every turn until you can match it. cause cascades, ect, ect.

although the consumes 1 purple a turn isnt' a terrible idea at all
  • rednailz
    Options
    johnnyo wrote:

I wouldn't go 0/5/5 with him, but to each their own. I would do 5 blue, but to some that may be overkill. I would maybe go 5/3/5 I don't think you'll scare many people off in higher level pvp with a 0/5/5 one.
  • rednailz
    Options
    A very short and slim reading list for a 60 year old charecter, but aprpeciate the effort nonetheless.
  • As long as the new charcter who boosts green and Iron Fist who boosts black are a thing, a 5/0/0 Level 70 Professor X could dominate PvE with a 270 XF and a 166 whomever you choose. Purple to green to crits for green to XF for more crits for more green... Yes. Purple to Black to crits for green to Surgical Strike (on Green! icon_eek.gif ) for XF with green for more crits for more green... Yes. I have a feeling new character will be slightly faster in that you can guarentee at least 1 green crit tile for 8 purple where Iron Fist takes 10 purple to reliably generate 1 crit tile.
  • KT154
    KT154 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    yellowflag.png Psychic Convergence might be the only way Devil Dino's Prehistoric Arms are useful.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's okay, but prolly won't be in my main rotation. maybe as a defensive tank team with xforce doom
  • KT154 wrote:
    :yellowflag: Psychic Convergence might be the only way Devil Dino's Prehistoric Arms are useful.

You got that right. I hope they don't nerf Devil Dino's Prehistoric Arms because of this.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Berto_Y wrote:
    KT154 wrote:
    :yellowflag: Psychic Convergence might be the only way Devil Dino's Prehistoric Arms are useful.

You got that right. I hope they don't nerf Devil Dino's Prehistoric Arms because of this.

Dino Starlord Xavier. 1 AP per cast icon_twisted.gif